It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else out there believe in Atlantis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Ok I know Im'm not the first one to say this but I really do think that Atlantis was real. My only problem with the legend is that u can't sink an island. An island isn't magically floating on the water, there's land underneath but let's say that Atlantis was centered on a techtonic plate. well with all of the stuff about natural catastrophies it would stand to reason that The plate would have shifted. Well The stories say that Atlantis was a continent so i'm thinking that What is now Antarctica is the old Atlantis. Let me know if anyone else agrees or has any theories. And if you have any sites that would help in my research i would really apreciate it.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
A massive earthquake could sink an island... as well as tuetonic induction.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
There's alreadt a thread here discussing the idea that Atlantis was Antarctica.

Lot's of speculation based on little or no research; all avaliable evidence shows that Antarctica has been covered in ice for a very long time.... So unless the Atlanteans were penquins, it's rather an unlikely hypothesis.

The more mundane and unexciting hypothesis that I support is that Plato made it all up, albeit using genuine places and events from the Mediterranean as a basis for his tale.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Does anyone else out there believe in Atlantis

Sure. Check out this forum.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this thread.

From this Forum.

Mechanic 32.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm inclined to go along with the theory that Atlantis is South America, and refers to one of the Ancient cultures there, or the continent in general.

The earliest mention of Atlantis we have is Plato - but I'm not too sure we should take it so literally, it might be an allegorical story for example.

The Dark Ages weren't called so because the Earth was plunged into total darkness - maybe the land called by Plato as 'Atlantis' wasn't sunk into water either, but the refernce is to, for example, that the land is far off across the water - a huge ocean lay between Europe and the Americas.

The story could be an allegory.

new topics

top topics

join