It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nation's Capital Declares Crime Emergency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

District of Columbia Police Chief Charles Ramsey declared a crime emergency in the city after Senitt, a volunteer for the potential presidential campaign of former Virginia Gov. Mark R. Warner, was killed.

The crime emergency declaration allows commanders more flexibility to adjust officers' schedules and reassign them to high-crime areas.

The tourist-friendly National Mall, which is under the jurisdiction of Park Police rather than D.C. police, is usually considered safe. But the recent crimes against tourists have raised calls for a larger police presence.

Police are asking Mall visitors to "be our eyes and ears," Fear said. "We're going to ask them to be vigilant."

Well, is this the start of a civil war? A revolution?

Phoenix is having a horrible crimewave as well.

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well, is this the start of a civil war? A revolution?

Phoenix is having a horrible crimewave as well.

What do you think?

I think it's summer. I think it's probably a good idea to alert the public if things are truly getting abnormally bad, so people can be more aware.

Then again, this happened after a high-profile person was killed. I can picture Warner's office demanding action (not that they shouldn't) and so the chief "declares an emergency".

Don't go to the mattresses yet. It's still too early.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
could be several possiblilities....

by the way, you admitted yourself, DC is horrible when it comes to crime anyways....what makes what is happening now so unusual? it doesn't seem to be indicated in the article.

we are having a horrible time with gangs where I am at, they killed more people in one shooting that was listed as victims in that article.

this leads me to my first possiblity, there is nothing really unusual going on, all is the same as it has been, they just want you to notice it more, so they can strip a few more rights away...

also notice who got killed, one of the volunteer workers for one of the intended candidates of the next presidential election...let's see how many others are knocked off by this crime spree....

and well, the last, could our "war on terror" be coming home to bite us in our arse, and we don't recognize it??

remember if you are talking about muslim extremists, they all aren't arabs...
mexico has had a huge increase in their muslim believers, and well, the message seems to carry well with our african americans also.....

or course, society could just be going nuts of course.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The crime problem in DC is very likely in part due to the fact that the law prevents citizens there from carrying firearms.

The criminals don't obey the law a lot of them have them.

They know only they and cops have guns so why not rob and shoot unarmed citizens. The cops are all busy responding to the crimes that happened already and the criminals are on to their next crime.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by craig732]

new topics

top topics

join