It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights over london

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hi first post on this website. I didn,t know who else to tell !
I was standing in my garden smoking a cigar, looking up at the stars and saw five points of light in a crescent/arrowhead formation moving fron N/E to S/W very fast. Light pollution didn,t help but they were approx as bright as the plough constellation.
This was at 23:48 BST. I am under the flightpath to Heathrow but it was definitely not an aircraft !

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
forgive me for asking, but what was in that cigar?
, but seriously, what colors were they? and did they have a shape about them>?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Just a regular cigar i'm afraid, with a baby on the way I am relegated to the garden for my smoking vice.
They were small points of lights like stars, but moving in a precise formation. Not like meteors and way too fast for aircraft.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Maybe they were a coincidental formation of satellites or something, i live in london too and can see them occasonally

If not then probably was a plane, but are u sure it wasnt actually the plough and you accidently tripped...making them appear to be moving. I woke up once and saw the Star Trek Enterprise in my garden, then i realised in the morning that it was a patio heater reflecting a garden light...i was CONVINCED at the time though lol (and i was 9, give me a break!)

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Isnt the shuttle discovery docked with the international spacestation now? perhaps that is what you saw, But you said it was fast, I dont know how fast they would appear while going overhead in orbit.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by PanzerDiv]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Nope not satellites, they were moving really fast, crossed the sky in a matter of seconds. My father is into astronomy and i have observed planets , stars & artificial satellites since i was old enough to peer into a telescope. I would not have registered and posted straight away if i had an explanation for what I saw. It was unlike anything I have seen before.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I am 41 years of age and have been observing the night sky since childhood, never seen anything that was unidentifiable. This was different if that makes any sense !

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Actually yeah thats true, the space station is very noticeable sometimes and pretty bright too...good shout Panzer!

Not sure about the arrow configuration though as i thought discovery docked onto the side, parallel to the space station but its always possible.... how large was the arrow shape Mr Dee?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Interesting,

I also live in London and I have seen some odd lights in the past, Some moving in ways that should not even be able to happen, Like up and down side to side, making 380 turns, But its so high almost like a star,

My knowledge is low on the subject so other than what i have seen i have no explanation,

There was a thread here ages ago about other London members who seen some odd lights,

Would be interesting to find out more on the matter

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The best reference would be the plough , I would say the formation would fit between the last two stars in the tail (or handle)

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
380 degree turns? does that mean they were actually 20 degree turns? ... my dads ford mondeo could do that (at a push)

But seriously, i remember a thread like that and got all excited because it was where i live!!! but then WHY would anyone do anything out of the ordinary over a metropolis like London, they'd have to be idiots

It's not like they could be testing anything out before anyone suggests that, if they were then why have lights :p

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
By the way this is the thread Asala

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where do you live in south east london...im from right in between bromley and croydon... and yes i do feel sorry for myself

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
For reference heres a pic of the plough system

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The viewing conditions are so crap over London, its a suprise i saw anything.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I live in Battersea, just south of the Thames. The light pollution is intense the sky normally has an orange glow., but tonight was relatively clear

new topics

top topics

join