It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name One You Trust

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I can't wait to see how dead this thread goes......but I gotta do it.

I challenge you all to name one politcal figure you truly trust. Are there any? If so, who are they and what makes you comfortable enough about them to say you trust their opinion, or if actually an elected official, you trust that they are performing their duties in a manner befitting their station.

Feel free to include local political figures that the rest of us may not be familiar with. Are they in your own backyard but not at the State or Federal level? (Please let us know where you live if so, we might all want to move to such a place
)

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Relentless

I which I could come out with some good names . . . but as the state of politics today, I am afraid . . . that I do not trust any politician or candidate right now.

Our entire political system is corrupted from local to congress.

Sorry.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Man - I knew it!

Marg, this is probably the first time I actually agree with you, and I wish it weren't so.

Someone please tell me where have all the heroes gone? Someone tell me you have one. Someone tell me you are inspired by anyone our great democracy/republic has put into office. We did it - we put them there. Okay - let's loosen the standards - isn't there one you don't regret?

This is just too sad.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Hey what a great idea for a topic. I'm surprised no one thought of this one sooner, and I'm also surprised this hasn't gotten very many replies. Anyway ok right now I am trying to think of a political leader I truly trust.......
......wow this is really hard.......still thinking deeply........ok I give up. I'm not so sure there are any that you can completely trust. They're all in high postitions so the ability and temptation for them to do shady things is always there. It would take a really noble individual to not give in to that. There probably are a few out there, possibly lesser known ones but I just can't think of them right now.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Fidel Castro. He was the only leader in the world that held a small island with very little force and no religion as a COMMUNIST from 1965 until present day that had the will to stand up to the worlds super power who was also his neighboring country...! AMAZING!

He is communist. and he still hasn't been over thrown.
He was allied with Russia in the cold war and still hasn't been over thrown.
He sends illegal aliens to the U.S. and still hasn't been overthrown.
He sends huge ammounts of coc aine to the U.S. and still hasn't been overthrown.

I ask you, how can you NOT trust Fidel Castro!?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian
Hey what a great idea for a topic. I'm surprised no one thought of this one sooner, and I'm also surprised this hasn't gotten very many replies.

Well, we haven't been properly introduced yet, but I am the FSME for this forum. I thought this question would be a good CHALLENGE to find some applause worthy repsonses, but in all honesty, this may not be a fair challenge.

I'm just trying to encourage better posts on my little charge here. Let's get some thought provoking discussions going people! Give me a hand - start your own thread if you can think of one for the Political Figures forum and that will expand this topic. In addition, I am more than willing to take a look at older threads I may have missed in this forum that should deserve a second look, so if there is something older I might have missed anyone thinks I should take a look at, feel free to U2U me. Might just get a belated applause or two and a bump for people who will be coming here now that the buzz is out.

This of course is all in keeping with the new push to jump start PTS into it's full potential.

Oh, and for those of you who haven't heard....part of the incentive plan is that applauses for PTS are currently running at 1500 pts per pop as of yesterday. See here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyone who can present and justify a legitimate answer to the challenge question of this thread is sure to get some notice in this regard. Admittedly, you may stand a better chance of coming up with a good post in another thread on this forum.

As you know I am a very kind hearted and benevolent person at heart and I am just dying to push my new buttons - just give me a reason.

Good posting fellow members.

[edit on 7/15/2006 by Relentless]

[edit on 7/15/2006 by Relentless]

new topics

top topics

join