It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

energy and life beyond

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
i was just wanted to see if anyone agrees with me on this one. in the bible it says that when we die we return to the dust from which we were made. but newtons theory suggests that energy can not be created not destroyed ? what are we? we are energy , are we not? so which is it. do we die and return to the dust, or does our enegy i.e ( spirit or soul) just wait around or maybe thats where reincarnation comes in? maybe its like a power plant and god is the main energy source, and when we die we return to him. just like when we turn off a light, the energy does not disappear , it goes back to the source until it is to be used again?

just seeing if anyone else a view on this subject?

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
this question should have gone in the paranormal, or religion section. but im new at this... sorry

ill get it right next time

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Very good job coming to this conclusion, I've only ever seen true intellectuals finally conclude this on their own.

You will be happy to know that yes, your energy cannot be detroyed (at least not until you enter a black hole, or the universe finally collapses).

However, you will be depressed to know that your energy scatters, it becomes part of whatever consumes you, may it be micro-organisms, insects, or animals.
Which means, you as a whole, no longer exist. Your energy is re-used, but you won't know it.

We aren't so much as the energy within us, as we are the pattern of the interaction of that energy.

If you've come to this on your own, I know you'll learn the rest on your own.
There is something else that proves we will exist many times, but I want to see if you can figure it out on your own. It has nothing to do with energy though...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
thanks for the compliment, i will have to think on what you said. i know that we do exist many times, i just havent figured out quite how yet, i have a theory. i will be sure to post it as soon as i make sure its even a little bit makes sense. ok
im out
- mindtrip02

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
That's more or less my opinion on the subject, as well. I believe, when we die, that the energy within us is returned to some sort of mass of creative energy that is responsible for everything in our universe. But I don't believe our energy scatters and that our self-awareness is completely given up. I think we retain memories etc with that energy that is released.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Possibility maybe....

Start-> Universal Soul->gives life to a piece of Its soul-> Piece of sould born into human physical existance->lives life->Dies-> astral projection to afterlife-> end goal to become one again with Universal Soul.

Maybe not exactly like this, but it is all emcompassing (God, Buddha, etc)
But we need motives for this correct?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mindtrip02
i was just wanted to see if anyone agrees with me on this one. in the bible it says that when we die we return to the dust from which we were made. but newtons theory suggests that energy can not be created not destroyed ? what are we? we are energy , are we not? so which is it. do we die and return to the dust, or does our enegy i.e ( spirit or soul) just wait around or maybe thats where reincarnation comes in? maybe its like a power plant and god is the main energy source, and when we die we return to him. just like when we turn off a light, the energy does not disappear , it goes back to the source until it is to be used again?

just seeing if anyone else a view on this subject?

im out
-mindtrip02

Matter and energy are one and the same thing, and they can be used interchangeably.

When we die, the matter/energy that is our body slowly takes another form...we melt into the Earth.

top topics

join