It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All about Points (simple map)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hi: I noticed that I have a negative BTS points total. How did that happen? I don't even go there. Thanks, Suzie

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
Hi: I noticed that I have a negative BTS points total. How did that happen? I don't even go there. Thanks, Suzie

perhaps you recently made a purchase in the ats store, for your background color for instance. And used combined points to pay for it....

When that happens, the points are deducted from eachabout equally, hence the negative BTS points.

Just a thought.

btw - the point don't really matter all that much anyway.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I've gotten 1500 point apllauses before though. It's not just 250 and 500 points.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mimbster
I've gotten 1500 point apllauses before though. It's not just 250 and 500 points.

Yes, since some of the previous posts the Applause rewards have changed.

An Applause on PTS is currently worth 1500 points.

I'm under the impression that an Applause from staff on ATS or BTS is worth 500 points.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
ok, so when you buy something it takes 1/3 of the cost from each of the three totals?

[edit on 12-1-2007 by phantom702]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
When a scholar posts on a thread in the Research Forum, the topic author receives around 10 ATS points.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I wanted to bump this thread as there seems to have been a recent change to the points bar. I have noticed a different color scheme, and that different members have different colors. Color and length, don't necessarily seem to match point amount. Is there a new explanation of how color and length depict a members activity?

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
im not sure, but I think an applause in PTS makes your bar yellow, BTS makes your bar blue and ATS red?

Not sure though, these bars are confusing and I have no seen SO give out details...

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I only post in ATS and my bar is dark green which doesn't seem to fit your theory. 20 applause in ATS, none in any other forum.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hello,

The single point concept for posts, should be increased, especially if you are a mamber who is actively posting, I mean, not every one posts, and in doing so, we are contributing, continuing, challenging, and refering (at least 5 points each there).

I hate to see I am on 1000, while others who have been here longer have gazillions (ok, lots).

Every time I post, I am using my time, ideas, opinions, and they are worth more than a measly point, I can tell ya!

How will I ever get to be anything when my points are sooooo teeny weeny itsy bitsy?

Can this be considered please, giants of ATS?

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If you make great posts you can get up to 1,500 points - just for one post. You don't need to make a million posts, just make good posts.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
If you make great posts you can get up to 1,500 points - just for one post. You don't need to make a million posts, just make good posts.

LIKE MEEE

40 applauses, I thank you, thank you. Ill sign autographs lata.

I strongly advise all who want to get some serious applaud points, to speak from the heart openly and honestly, use spell check when possible, ensure that you are representing respectable sources, valid information and above all, to conduct your self in a serious, scholarly manor.

If you do such, you will be rewarded with points, points and more points, more points then you'll know what to do with! -- and your bar used to change color I don't think applauses have an effect on that anymore?

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
and your bar used to change color I don't think applauses have an effect on that anymore?

Uhh...I don't think anyone figured that out ever except SO who won't tell anybody. It think it makes the green greener or really green or dark green or something like that.

Ours look the same though.

[edit on 8/5/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well.. I had thought that it had something to do with where you post exactly.. like for instance most of my applauses are from PTS so I thought my bar would end up yellow.. but it never turned yellow..

and my bar has not changed color at all.. and I have more applauses then many people with bright bars.

I think the "brightness" might be associated with the actual post count -- 8k post would be brighter then 3k post ect and so on. Then of course the second bright blue bar for 10k+ post.

But I can't figure out what determines the color.
SO should reveal his secrets!

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Some people have red bars, pink bars, rainbow bars
, no bars at all.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
A few weeks back I got 2,500 PTS points with no explanation. I went from -400 to +2,100 and I don’t know why.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Someone, somewhere, for whatever reason, must like you!

Check your u2u's mate, I bet you just got a applause, thats all.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
1,500 + 1,500 = 2,500?

Maybe you said the secret word?

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Check your u2u's mate, I bet you just got a applause, thats all.

Nope. I even asked The Vagabond and he/she had no idea how I got them, not that I'm complaining

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well according to the info in your profile, you do have two applauses, perhaps they were both from your postings on AbovePolitics?

On the AbovePolitics forums applauses can fetch up to 1500 points. I am willing to wager that that is where the extra points came from.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join