It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nations sending Iran to Security Council

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
"PARIS - World powers agreed Wednesday to sendIran back to the
United Nations Security Council for possible punishment, saying the clerical regime has given no sign it means to negotiate seriously over its disputed nuclear program."

news.yahoo.com...

This is where it gets interesting, imo!

""The Iranians have given no indication at all that they are ready to engage seriously on the substance of our proposals," French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy said on behalf the United States, France, Britain, Russia and China, the five permanent Security Council members"

Even Russia and China are backing this-anything decided by the security council WILL have teeth!

Surly Iran will ease back with all security members together causing anything from sanctions to?????????????????

No one or ones powerful enough are going to defend Iran-NK will not defy both Russia and China in adding Iran if they say so.

I am not the kind of person who thinks the world is ending, but that said...
Trouble with NK, Isreal, Iran.................................

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think they are going pass something, but I really doubt it will have any teeth or follow-through. If there are going to be sancions and/or military action it'll be by either a new coalition between the U.S. and selected European nations or Israel.

[edit on 7/12/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I am not the kind of person who thinks the world is ending, but that said...
Trouble with NK, Isreal, Iran.................................

There has always been problems. There will always be problems. And throughout history they thought the world would end due to negative occurences. The world will not end due to this. No worries

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I think they are going pass something, but I really doubt it will have any teeth or follow-through. If there are going to be sancions and/or military action it'll be by either a new coalition between the U.S. and selected European nations or Israel.

[edit on 7/12/2006 by djohnsto77]

The teeth I refered to were the fact that China and or Russia would not veto whatever is voted on.
I agree, Russia and China may not partisapate in any military actions, but they won't "directly" stop them either.
Now they MAY choose to sell them arms/missles/radar with overnight deliveries......

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
this is not the major UN security council vote this is just a basic vote which holds no weight. There is very little chance that China or Russia will allow it to go to the next step after this specific vote. Becuase the next vote entitles countries to also launch attacks on Iran and China and Russia will never allow that to happen becuase china knows perfectly well that America is not able to go alone there but if a world coalition goes in that America will carve up the energy supplies of Iran afterwards screwing China over.

I think China is just playing along with America as long as things are not serious but when things do get serious China will do what is best for China and that is veto any sanctions against Iran becuase it needs the oil from Iran.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Yes but I wonder if America and the EU nations will go as far as to form their own union. I mean America went into Iraq without the support of the UN, and formed its own coalition. So who is to say it won't again? JUST to screw over China?

new topics

top topics

join