Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Concrete slab Kills Motorist in Boston.

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
CNN

BOSTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- The head of the agency overseeing Boston's Big Dig highway project ordered a review of the entire highway system Wednesday after investigators looking into the fatal collapse of concrete ceiling slabs found 60 more questionable areas inside the same tunnel.

Initial inspections revealed dozens of signs of bolts loosening and other potential failures in the eastbound connector tunnel, part of the main route to Boston's Logan Airport, Turnpike Authority officials and the Big Dig project manager said.

Big Dig

I put this here because the 'Big Dig' has been the center of many heated debates on public spending in Boston. This seems to be the culmination of the gross spending, and sub-par materials. If a mod can think of a better place to put it, be my guest.

The Big Dig has a reputation for being the epitomy of wasted public funds, and corrupt government spending. So, my question is, who should be held responsible?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The Contracter,the City.
the Contracor is listed because there are rumors that because of the over budget and the behind schedule factors did not inspect properley or did notice but did not want to spend more time and money fixing the problem.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by The_Result_was]

new topics

join