It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes (Season One)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This show is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w000t!!!

!!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Wow this show is getting crazy. There are so many “heroes.”
This episode seemed to fog things up on whether or not these people have gifts from just evolution.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The newest "hero" they've shown (the waitress) doesn't seem to be a hero in my book. It seems she just had a spontaneous photographic memory.

If they show her to later posses the ability to read something basic and then adapt a more complex form of what she's read, or posses the ability to learn a new skill she's never studied before, then I could place her on the borderline hero/normal.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I don't know perhaps the memory thing could serve well in a time where they may have to remember alot of things or details to their mission she could be instrumental.
Personally I think the chic with the Jekyl/Hyde dual personality isn't that interesting. I mean what's her purpose as a hero? The evil twin thing doesn't work for me.

Or maybe they are introducing alot of "heros" so this Silo (sp) guy has someone to knock off. Can't exactly knock off the main hero characters at this point but to build suspense he has to kill someone so enter the quasi-expendable hero's.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I think the memory girl will serve an important purpose of teaching Hiro English.

Oh, and we FINALLY FOUND OUT ABOUT HRG!!

This is what I love about this show, no black and white, it's about greys.

HRG is a government agent who is studying these people (for 14 years according to what he said) and is very serious about saving his daughter.

But, although being a good guy, he's one of those "Whatever it takes to get the job done" kind of guys and actually forces Isaac (the painter) to take drugs so that he can continue to paint and give HRG the information he needs to save his daughter.

Brilliant writing, just brilliant I am so impressed with this show!! It totally gives me something to look forward to each Monday (along with UFO files that is!
)

Pokey Oats

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So, here's my theory:

Hiro went back in time to stop Syler from killing the waitress, but realized he didn't have the experience necessary. So he went further back in time to train his powers, and have more time with the waitress. He will then go back to defeat syler before any of this happens, and they will save the world.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Okay, here is my theory on this..

Hiro went further into the past than he anticipated. Maybe something like 4 months or so. Hiro and Charlie have a relationship, perhaps even fall in love.

Ando is waiting for Hiro to pop back into his time just like he left, but I think that Hiro is going to walk through the door of the cafe, 4 months wiser in the ways of Texas, and with more insights about Claire.

Now for the other aspects..

Does Eden have mind control powers? Is that what she was doing when she was whispering in Isaac's ear?

What about Iyer? Why is he invading Mohinder's dreams? How can this kid see the past when neither him nor Mohinder was there to witness them first hand?

Also, if Ted is the source of the explosion in NYC, what would cause him to explode like that if the death of his wife wasn't enough to trigger it?

EDIT:

Also, an important clue to the Powers is the title of Chandra Suresh's book, "Activating Evolution", along with Sylar's voive message on his answering machine. It implies that there IS an agant administered to encourage these mutations.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well Hiro went back far enough for a B-day party pic. I think this is where Charlie starts to get her brain power, Hiro messin' with time and space?

I think it will take several of the Hero's to defeat Sylar.

Bennett being a good or bad guy is still up in the air for me.

Roper

[edit on 14-11-2006 by Roper]

[edit on 14-11-2006 by Roper]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Oh man! SPOILER ALERT!

If you want to know who plays Paul Sylar (is credited for 2 episodes. Then have a look here. If not then don't.

I have to say it's an awesome actor.

i now believe this to be false...

about a week or so ago, i was watching a show and they said that someone else was casted as sylar...

i don't remember who, sorry...

great episode though...

my only complaint is that there is too much going on at once...

its no biggie though..

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
....this week's was the best episode so far IMHO. I thought last week, it was getting a little cartoonish with all the different people with superpowers.

There was no Niki in this episode?

I still can't make up my mind about Claire's father though, he was showing his human side a little in this one, but I'm still not convinced.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by madhatter]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Maybe it's Syler yanking Ted's brain that blows up the city.

Question, would Hiro's companion know one way or the other if the waitress survived? What I mean is, does he remember her dying even after she's saved?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Man oh man what an episode!!!!!!

I was really sad when the waitress was knocked off - but i'm sure Hiro will save the day somehow.

And now it's even LESS clear if Claire's adoptive father is good or bad... but as a prior poster did say this show seems not to be about black and white but shades of grey...

man this just keeps getting better.

I gotta admit - if i had a choice in superpowers, i'd totally want what the waitress has. Just the idea of being a walking talking human version of google... whoo boy...

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'd go with Hiro's powers. The possabilities are endless.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I get the feeling that Hiro will be coming back with more than just Charlie.
Perhaps going back in time to save her moves him closer to that future version Peter met.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm not a betting man, but in this case I'll bet "Save the Cheerleader" does not refer to Claire, but rather her friend (the one who stood up for her and said that she was the one who saved the guy from the fire). I am starting to find this so increadibly cliche, and if I'm right with this theory, then I will be right with my other theory, that it wasn't the radioactive guy that blows up the city, but rather Peter Petrelli.

I am almost 100% sure the story will take this road.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I get the feeling that Hiro will be coming back with more than just Charlie.
Perhaps going back in time to save her moves him closer to that future version Peter met.

Going by the picture posted on the wall with him and her he ended up going a little further back in time then he bargained for. I don't remember seeing them taking a pic together while they were eating, but towards the end of the scene you see Hiro standing with her in a pic on the bulletin board or did I miss something?

This Bennet guy (Claires dad) is driving me nuts!!! Is he bad guy or good guy!!!!!!!!??? LOL

I was so glad the cop popped that guy when he heard him call him a loser and that he was doin his wife.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
then I will be right with my other theory, that it wasn't the radioactive guy that blows up the city, but rather Peter Petrelli.

I totally agree that it won't be Ted who blows up NYC. This show is way too twisty for something obvious like that.
At the rate the show introducing new "heroes," we might be looking at a whole different cast when the explosion is supposed to happen.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Going by the picture posted on the wall with him and her he ended up going a little further back in time then he bargained for. I don't remember seeing them taking a pic together while they were eating, but towards the end of the scene you see Hiro standing with her in a pic on the bulletin board or did I miss something?

The photo was shown earlier with Charlie by herself. Hiro has already changed time and thus the photo changed too.
Who knows how long ago that birthday party was.

This Bennet guy (Claires dad) is driving me nuts!!! Is he bad guy or good guy!!!!!!!!??? LOL

I'm getting a big "Magneto" vibe from this guy, if you know what I mean.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

I'm getting a big "Magneto" vibe from this guy, if you know what I mean.

Yes maybe hes tying to gather a collection of these guys but for what purposes. Military?Gov't secret Organization?

I guess that girl that used to be in NYC with Mohindis has some sort of "Siren" capability where she can bend the will of men with her voice or a whisper . She was probably a prostitute before. She whispered something into the artists ear and he was high as a kite 2 seconds later and eyes in the back of his head

Women! I think the majority of them have this power anyway.

Pie

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
THen why wasn't she able to keep Mohinder in the US? COuldn't she have "sirened" him to stay around? I'm not sure of her powers yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join