It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes (Season One)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokey Oats

Originally posted by Jonna
Not necessarily. What her other personality does is protect herself and her child in a way that would be morally/ethically unacceptable to the values held by her 'normal' self.

I can't resist so:

Nyah, Nyah, I was right, NotNikki is E V I L !!

I still stand behind what I said. What she did was with purpose for the benefit of her and her son; it was positive or 'good' towards her goal. The concept of 'evil' is only perceptional and not absolute. Although I will admit that this television show (as most) is based on sensationalism in order to gain and keep viewers. Thus is promotes the concept of a duality of good and evil. I'm not here to refute your belief; only state my own.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The concept of 'evil' is only perceptional and not absolute. Although I will admit that this television show (as most) is based on sensationalism in order to gain and keep viewers. Thus is promotes the concept of a duality of good and evil. I'm not here to refute your belief; only state my own.

I just couldn't resist the taunt but touch a nerve did I?!

But seriously, why do you keep bringing up your life philosophies in regard to a TV show. It's a piece of fiction and does not have to adhere to anyone's beliefs. Moreso, how boring would it be if it didn't promote the duality of good and evil.

I'll fill you in on a secret, in fiction throughout the ages there are good guys and bad guys. For the most part people like to see the good guy(s) win, the bad guys lose and the world saved.

Along the way the development of character is equally paramount. The good guys are given challenging situations where they're able to dig deep into their souls to make noble decisions and honourable sacrifices.

The bad guys on the other hand will be ruthless in their treachery and to resolve their situations will go the route of violence, selfishness and greed.

It's a tried and true method that us simple, non-enlightened folk like.

Indeed, by the definition of sensationalism, which is: "subject matter, language, or style producing or designed to produce startling or thrilling impressions or to excite and please vulgar taste" you were indeed quite correct in your summation of heroes.

Such would be the secret to it's success, it's startling, thrilling and exciting. And bless its heart for being so.

If in your opinion Heroes is vulgar (by implication of your use of sensationalism) then all I can say is "Viva la vulgarity", "Go the good guys!!" and "Nyah nyah, NotNiki was EVIL!
"

Pokey Oats

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pokey Oats
I just couldn't resist the taunt but touch a nerve did I?!

Umm, no. Are you trying to insite something? I simply responded with my opinion in a civil manner.

But seriously, why do you keep bringing up your life philosophies in regard to a TV show.

This is a public forum and people can say as they like. Everyone has a different opinion and are allowed to express it. Life is more then just what is on the television. Why does that appear to be a problem for you?

in your opinion Heroes is vulgar

I never said anything of the sort as I enjoy the show. You are obviously attempting to 'spin' this conversation in an opportunistic way for yourself with disregard to the accutal statements.

Internet fights are petty and pointless so why are you so intent on starting one with me because I don't agree with your point of view? Believe whatever you wish to believe as it is no concern of mine, but realize that people on the internet will display opposing view-points and that is no reason to become childish. Do you believe that you are winning some sort of argument? Does it really matter? It is the internet you know.

These questions are, of course, rhetorical, as you've already displayed that you can not except friendly criticism or even an idea that does not coincide with your own. Respond or don't, it's your choice to continue this petty argument on personal view-points.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Both of you, end the argument and get back on topic!

I am going to make a prediction here. Since Chandra's body was never shown on the series, and his son Mohinder never saw it either, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that when Mohinder travels back to India, he will see his father alive.

Btw, I have more reasoning to believe that Nikki's son has powers as well. Everyone who has powers in the show has either drawn or posses an item with that symbol on it. Nikki's son drew a picture of her and put the symbol on the drawing.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Well, they keep showing the '9 Wonders' comic so I suppose that is to lead us to assume that there are 9 of them.

Claire
DL
Isacc
Hiro
Matt
Nathan
Peter
Niki

...and Micah?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Micah Spoiler.

The Producers have confirmed that Micah has powers but have not stated what they are.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
In the Franklin Richards (Reed and Sue Richards child) and Isabelle (from 4400) style, Micah will no doubt have greater powers than anyone. Probably going to save that for the season finale.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I agree Ras.
I bet Micah will save everyone's butts in the end.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
His powers would have to do with intellect. Through out the entire series, they've continuosly shown us that he is very smart. Powers that could be related to intellect are telekinesis, telepathy, changing the probablity of events occuring in the future through one's own mind, mind control, mind reading, predicting the future (or what is most probable to occur), astral projection, or maybe even the ability to create material objects just by thinking of them (maybe he is the one who blows up NY, by being kidnapped and brainwashed by the bad guys, or maybe he gets so angry he can't control his powers and does it by accident).

I can see him going against the black guy that erases people's minds as a big battle in the series.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'm betting that he'll be the one to go up against Syler. The scary black dude seems to only have teh memory erasing ability (at least as far as I've seen) so I don't see him being a major threat.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The probability of both parents having special powers is quite unlikely, so perhaps his power is the ability to 'evolve' the people around him.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I don't think it would be unlikely. The whole series hints that the powers are based on a person's genes. If the person were to possess the mutated gene, then others in the family and their children would likely also possess the same gene. Examples can be found with both the Petrelli brothers, the gene formula Mohinder found, and the little girl's parents who were killed and had their brains missing (which shows that the girl was not the only one in that family with powers).

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
the little girl's parents who were killed and had their brains missing (which shows that the girl was not the only one in that family with powers).

Was that actually confirmed though as I don't recall anything being said about the girl or her parents having powers?

I almost get the feeling that they (the creators) are changing things as they go along as some things just don't mesh.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It was never confirmed, only implied. After all, why would Skylar try kidnapping her if she didn't have any powers. My reasoning behind why her parents had powers is due to the manner they were killed. When Hiro went to NY, he arrived at the time when Isaac was killed in his studio in the same fashion as the girl's parents, with his brain missing.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
So, Micah will have a superpower.

Perhaps we have all seen Micah use his super power, though not as a 'young' Micah. There was confusion about the black man in league with Mr. Bennet and D.L. earlier in the thread. The Haitian, as he is known on other sites, seems to have mind based abilities and is of a darker skin tone. Would it be too far fetched to assume that Micah comes back in time to work with Mr. Bennet and is actually The Haitian?

Just something to think about.

Oh, also, The Franklin Richards ploy would be too much of a cop out and it would get a big YAWN from me. Hopefully they don't go that way.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There is no way that Micah is the Haitian. You can't confuse a half white child for someone that dark, no matter how good your writers are.

And they will totally pul off the Franklin Richards thing. Maybe his powers won't be as strong as Franklin's, but he will definately be extremely powerful. It's the only way to keep the show interesting.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
My cousin's father is black, and his mother, my aunt, is white. He was nearly the same complexion as Micah, if a shade or two darker. After his tour in Iraq, he came home this past January and I hardly recognized him. He had darkened to the point that one would not have guessed his bi-racial heritage. Not trying to discredit the observations, just getting it out there that with a proper story, he could be darker in the future than he is now, especially if he had been in someplace like Haiti.

Now, I am not saying that the writers WILL do this, merely suggesting it. This -is- fantasy after all. And the character being called 'The Haitian' does infer he is from Haiti.

With The Haitian exhibiting Mental Powers, Matt having mental powers, and Issac arguably having mental powers, how many more people with mental powers can the show have before it just becomes very cliche?

Telekinesis would be acceptable, I guess, but only if it wasn't unbelievably powerful. If Micah ends up being the savior of everything.. let's just say it would be a big let down and I would probably stop watching. If the writers cant be more creative than that it isn't really worth the time.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It's possible that Micah is the black haitian guy, but not likely. To travel back in time means that Hiro would have to help him, which would make Hiro a bad guy working for Claire's father.

The fact that the producers have taken this long without showing Micah's powers means that he must have a real powerful/cool power that would ruin the storyline if presented when all the baddies seem to be stronger.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Umm, no. Are you trying to insite something? I simply responded with my opinion in a civil manner.

Definitely not, re-reading my text though it wasn't as playful as I remember it being when I typed it out.

Life is more then just what is on the television.

Most definitely, but this thread isn't a discussion about life, it's a discussion about a TV show. And of course there's more to life than TV, there's video games as well!!
That's a funny "HA HA" statement BTW.

Actually I considered my previous post to be quite playful. Especially since I felt vindicated that I predicted correctly that NotNiki was EVIL. It's all in fun, thus my use of nyah nyah. It was only as a playful term.

In retrospect I'm sure I was too long winded in my reply. I get that way at times. I may have even been a bit touchy that I can't seem to escape those that want to espouse spiritual concepts, even in BTS when I just wanted to talk about a TV show that I'm really into.

But in the end, all I wanted you to see was the futility of discussing concepts of good and evil when the topic in discussion is a TV show with good and evil characters!

And just to clear up, not argue. I was referring to your opinion of Heroes as Vulgar because it has clear cut definitions of Good and Evil whereas your life philosophy is quite differnet. Thus the Good guy/Bad Guy aspect of Heroes is Vulgar.

But I'll shut up, I did come across as a bit grumpy didn't I? Sorry bout that.

Pokey Oats

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Also, hair like Micah's doesn't turn into hair like the Haitian's. OF course these could all be points that the writers didn't think about, but I'm sure they could've pulled a half black adult actor out of the woodwork if they payed attention to the script. It doesn't matter though because it's a very far off chance that the haitian is Micah. It would be one hell of a plot twist though.

I see the Haitian as the type of charecter that would die in a very sad battle. Something like:

Haitian defends the Glasses dude while one of the good guys tries to avenge something. One of the heroes stays behind to battle the Haitian, while the primary hero goes to kill Glasses dude, probably the Cheerleader. All bad guys die, but there is the revelation that there is a new, bigger bad guy in season 2.

(I really hope I'm wrong about that one, but I have a history of being pretty accurate)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join