It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes (Season One)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
D.L. can phase through matter. Think Kitty Pryde from X3, the girl that whooped on Juggernaut. Hiro didn't save them because then he would have stopped Nikki from wasting all of those people at the poker game.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I think he didn't save them because of what he said earlier about creating a rift in the space/time line. If he appeared again to save them, he would have to see himself walk into that closet, which would mean two of them existed at the same time.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Oh man what an episode!!!!!!

Nikki's other half finally breaking the silence... Hiro's lesson that you can't save everyone and begining to see the path ahead of him....

"I had a sword?!?"

Oh and let's not forget that girl working with the Indian Doctor's son was FINNALY shown to be a mole. *bout time imo*.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I don't know...He could have frozen time instead of going backwards through it. He even had that constipated look on his face like he was trying to stop it, but he couldn't. I wonder if his powers are limited in some way. Maybe he can't use them if another hero is in proximity or something.

Oh, and I like DL a lot. He got a bad rap. I hope he does get to keep that kid. I have to confess that I missed the final scene on last nights episode. My gilfriend got hold of the remote and found Law and Order: SVU. It totally blew.

[edit on 31-10-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I don't know...He could have frozen time instead of going backwards through it. He even had that constipated look on his face like he was trying to stop it, but he couldn't. I wonder if his powers are limited in some way. Maybe he can't use them if another hero is in proximity or something.

IMO - Hiro was both under a TON of stress and had a limited amount of time to react. His skills aren't super fine tuned yet...

Oh, and I like DL a lot. He got a bad rap. I hope he does get to keep that kid. I have to confess that I missed the final scene on last nights episode. My gilfriend got hold of the remote and found Law and Order: SVU. It totally blew.

DL was totally made out to be the bad guy and I too now think he's getting the short end of the stick... however there could be more to this story than we know (infact i'd be shocked if there weren't).

In any case if you'd like to know about the last scene drop me a u2u - ill be happy to fill you in.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I'm still not convinced that Nikki is the 'Hero' in the relationship with her and D.L.

If D.L. wasn't a killer, and the story he was telling Nikki was true.. Why did NotNikki decide that setting up D.L. for a murder he didn't commit was beneficial for Nikki and her son? So far all the actions we have seen suggest that NotNikki only comes out when Nikki is in danger, but it would also seem that NotNikki can also come out at any time, as witnessed by the fact that she came out during the night to lay waste to the poker game Hiro was at.

I guess, in short, Why does NotNikki hate D.L. enough to want him out of Nikki's life? I am not seeing Nikki painted as an anti-hero anymore. Her actions were muderous and she seemed to kill for greed and not for self preservation.

Other thoughts..

Mr. Bennet has a super-powered associate, the black telepath refered to as The Haitian. Is the girl that works for him also super-powered? I think it would be pretty damn cool if she was. I loved Mr. Bennet's response when she told him about a possible 'Mutant' (To use XMEN terminology) with the ability to bend time and space. "Cool." Mr. Bennet is slowly becoming one of my favorite characters.

So, if the people that Mr. Bennet brought to the house weren't Claire's parents, why doesn't Mr. Bennet want them found? Are they even still alive? Is Sylar her biological father?

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Lots more questions than answers. Another great episode last night

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

So, if the people that Mr. Bennet brought to the house weren't Claire's parents, why doesn't Mr. Bennet want them found? Are they even still alive? Is Sylar her biological father?

Here's my theory - Mr. Bennet is clearly apart of something bigger. Maybe he was somehow involved with giving Clair's parents super powers some how (He does seem to have some sort of hidden lab of sorts at his disposal). One thing leads to another and maybe they needed to be destroyed... and in a very humane act he decided to take Claire in as his own. Maybe he didn't plan on her parents having a child together.

One thing is for sure - those people were NOT her biological parents.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
One thing is for sure - those people were NOT her biological parents.

what an obvious piece of this episode it was, in my opinion...

i really saw that one coming...

what i didn't see, though, was that girl being the mole...

i liked this episode...

we had our first battle between two people with powers

in my opinion, d.l acted correctly in taking the money and the kid...

what would you do if your wife / husband seemingly betrayed you by setting you up and then took the money and your kid and left you to rot???

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This episode was a bit predictable, especially with Claire's "parents."

Does anyone else think that the little girl whom the police officer saved, after her parents were murder, will appear again to help the heroes as a heroine herself? The show hinted at the girl having powers too (since Skylar wanted to kidnap her).

[edit on 31-10-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
what i didn't see, though, was that girl being the mole...

Whoa you didn't?!?

Maybe it's just me - but as soon as that girl came into the picture i knew something wasn't right. Been waiting for her to be outed as a mole to someone since the 2nd episode.

For me the shocker was that she is working for Claire's foster father. In retrospect i should have known

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
AAAAARGH

I can't believe I missed the last scene!!

Which heroes fought?

Who won? How? Any cool use of power?

Help a brutha out!

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Now I understand a bit more and Niki is very much like a character in a book I read. It was a fantasy book and the character Dace was a wimp. In times of stress though, Tarantio took over (his mind had splintered as a child of abuse).

While Dace was a wimp and scared of everyone, Tarantio was a master swordsman and stone cold killer. He would fight anyone.

It's an amazing concept and I believe that is the case here. Niki becomes her other self and that self is in control of her powers, which seem to be super-strength.

Anyway, another good episode. I like the series as a whole. It paces about the same speed as Lost and some others. Enjoyable.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Which heroes fought?

Help a brutha out!

it was evil nikki versus a pissed off d.l...

nikki hit d.l with a metal suitcase and he went flying and hit something in their room...

then the kid came in and nikki said that everything was okay and told him to go to his room...

when she looked to find d.l, he wasn't there...

it turns out that he can go through stuff (like that girl in x-men) and, in the end, he punches nikki (his first went into nikki) and she passed out / got hurt really badly...

d.l then took the money and the kid...

actually, the kid saw a bit of the fight and was crying for his mother...

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

AAAAARGH

I can't believe I missed the last scene!!

Which heroes fought?

Help a brutha out!

DL vs Nikki

No clear winner emerged imo, but DL did walk away while Nikki was left on the floor - and yes two very cool uses of powers.

First- Nikki (or rather NotNikki) tossed DL clear across the room and into a closet of sorts.
Then - DL, while being pinned by super strong NotNikki, used his power to go through matter to reach through Nikki's stomache to reach up and grab her neck to strange her.

*QUITE* rad imo.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Not necessarily. What her other personality does is protect herself and her child in a way that would be morally/ethically unacceptable to the values held by her 'normal' self.

I can't resist so:

Nyah, Nyah, I was right, NotNikki is E V I L !!

Pokey Oats

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Lots more questions than answers. Another great episode last night

Oh Yeah, I have to agree 100%.

For me though I was stoked to finally see some Super Powers vs. Super Powers action.

I just LOVED the look on NotNiki's face when D.L. SmaXXored her. I have to give a lot of credit to the actress as she made the perfect, WTF, this can't be happening face.

Pokey Oats

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
First- Nikki (or rather NotNikki) tossed DL clear across the room and into a closet of sorts.
Then - DL, while being pinned by super strong NotNikki, used his power to go through matter to reach through Nikki's stomache to reach up and grab her neck to strange her.

*QUITE* rad imo.

But you left out the END of the fight. D.L. Phases his arm through NotNikki and then phases it back in, essentially like he "punched right through her stomach".

NotNikki makes this awesome "but I'm invulnerable this can't be happening face" and then after D.L. leaves with his son we see NotNikki lieing on the ground with a pool of blood around her stomach/mid section.

Pokey Oats

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I want to see that part so bad.

I may have to take some illegal action in order to see it though.

I'd like to see some other power v power fights, like

NotNikki v Cheerleader
or
Hiro v Syler (I actually want to see Hiro fight anyone really)
or
Mimic v. Anyone

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I want to see that part so bad.

I may have to take some illegal action in order to see it though.

No need!
You can view the latest episode online!

www.nbc.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join