It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes (Season One)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Just wanted to add my little bit.

The series is absolutely fantastic and by far the best thing on TV at the moment. However, that said, I'm surprised that you smarties from the BTS crowd haven't come up with this theory regarding Sylar. Ok here goes.

In regard to Peter Petrelli it is now firmly established that his power is mimicry, i.e. that he can mimic the powers of other Heroes for a short period of time. So, what happens when he encounters all of them, you would end up with a Peter Petrelli that can:

Teleport, Stop time and move through time

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokey Oats
We know that Niki's powers is her doppleganger (her refelction in the mirror) but her "alternate" self is inherently evil and dark.

Not necessarily. What her other personality does is protect herself and her child in a way that would be morally/ethically unacceptable to the values held by her 'normal' self. This is actually quite common in personality 'breaks'; the fragment self will handle the traumas that the main personality cannot deal with. Furthermore what Niki's other personality does is with purpose towards a goal. It is merely a means to an end, a positive towards that goal. However I am not interested in philosophizing the illusion of evil as an absolute at the moment.

Something interesting to note as well is the theory that it was not her husband that killed the individuals he was sought after by police for, but rather Niki did it in order to protect herself or her family. He could simply be trying to also protect his family by allowing everyone to believe he did it. He can't be held by a prison if caught after all. This would make sense with the son's and father's mother constantly saying that he couldn't have killed anyone.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
That also poses another question for li'l Petey.

Wat happens when he's with everyone? If they all team up, does he gain multiple powers? Can he select the power? What's the deal?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Not necessarily. What her other personality does is protect herself and her child in a way that would be morally/ethically unacceptable to the values held by her 'normal' self.

Actually, I can't agree, and I really wish that I had access to what I was reading earlier on today. It was on another fan forum (www.heroestheseries.com) where someone posted from an interview with Ali Larter (Niki Sanders) and it described how her other personality is in fact evil or to put it better, dark and morally void and whether she gains the ability to control it is the question that remains.

My last point, however, is rather relevent because of the scene where the doppleganger goes back to the room to have sex with Nathan after "she" had decided she wouldn't do such a thing. Such an act neither protected her nor her child and it also demonstrated that when she loses control to her alternate self that it will use her for anything it desires.

In regard to analasys of dual personalities though I think it is worth remembering that Heroes is just a TV show, a fantasy TV show at that where someone's character, motivations and actions are controlled by a team of writers. Thus, it's kind of hard to argue anything, or for you to bring up definitions of dual personality because her behavior and abilities are all part of the fictional fantasy.

Pokey Oats

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Telekenisis

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   

My last point, however, is rather relevent because of the scene where the doppleganger goes back to the room to have sex with Nathan after "she" had decided she wouldn't do such a thing. Such an act neither protected her nor her child and it also demonstrated that when she loses control to her alternate self that it will use her for anything it desires.

Actually, it was for the benefit of her and her son. By going through with Linderman's request, she has eliminated her debt to him and he won't be sending thugs around to her house to rough her up anymore.

Niki reminds me of Rose and Thorn (DC Comics). Thorn wasn't a very nice lady when she came out to play.

Possible Spoiler below:

I warned you, so don't yell

I hadn't seen this posted yet, so I thought I'd throw it up. This picture is from the NBC Heroes site in the gallery section.

So, apparently Sylar is a white guy and it looks like he was in some kind of religious/Catholic? school when he was younger. That kind of fits with the creepy room in his apartment where 'Forgive me father, for I have sinned' and all that stuff is written on the walls.

Paul E. Sylar, born on June 11, 1962.

PS. I haven't spent much time in the TV forum - do you guys have any sort of rules about spoilers and the like?

[edit on 25-10-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

Actually, it was for the benefit of her and her son. By going through with Linderman's request, she has eliminated her debt to him and he won't be sending thugs around to her house to rough her up anymore.

Agreed! After all what was the last thing she said to the muscle in the elevator? Wasn't it something to the effect of, "You will never bother Niki or her son because if you do I will put my heel through your skull". That sounds like a protective statement to me.

And evil? Sorry, I do not believe it exists as an absolute. It's merely relational to perspective.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
But does she have any actual powers? So far, I just see Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID). That, and she gets a tattoo when she turns into "the female Tyler Durden".

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
PS. I haven't spent much time in the TV forum - do you guys have any sort of rules about spoilers and the like?

not that i know of...

it was nice of you to warn us that you were going to post spoilers though...

that's usually the best thing to do...

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
But does she have any actual powers?

I think she may have extra/super strength. She's easily handled many strong people in the show with ease. The two mafia men who visited her home to collect the money should have easily over powered her, considering there were two of them. The creators of the show might have just used the Dr. Jekyll/ Mr. Hyde story as their inspiration for Niki's character.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Oh man! SPOILER ALERT!

If you want to know who plays Paul Sylar (is credited for 2 episodes. Then have a look here. If not then don't.

I have to say it's an awesome actor.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Oh, and something to add to the above but is NOT a spoiler...check this out.

www.myspace.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Here's a theory for you all to chew on - what if the main bad guy ends up being the future version of Peter (the brother who can use other people's powers when he's around them)?!?

We know he can absorb other hero's powers... and we know later on down the line the Hero's powers get much stronger (Hiro being able to project him self into the past?)...

anyway this show ROCKS.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
Here's a theory for you all to chew on - what if the main bad guy ends up being the future version of Peter (the brother who can use other people's powers when he's around them)?!?

As Zed mentioned above, it has already been announced the actor who is to play Sylar so it is not the same actor who plays Peter.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

As Zed mentioned above, it has already been announced the actor who is to play Sylar so it is not the same actor who plays Peter.

Bah!

Foiled again heh

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Did ol' man Petrelli have superpowers? It is said that he THOUGHT he had super powers and 'killed himself'. It's kind of coincidental that he was delusional about having superpowers and his sons just happen to develop them.

My money is on ol' man Petrelli being an evil super villian, if not in this season, in season two.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Here is a big interview with Heroes writer's Joe Pokaski and Aron Coleite.

www.comicbookresources.com

BEHIND THE ECLIPSE: "HEROES" EPISODE 6

If the powers each person has is a matter of genetics as Mohinder's father believed, does that mean the children of Niki Sanders and Nathan Petrelli would have powers?

That's certainly one theory. But, when have you ever known the world to have a single theory about anything. Someone else must have another theory as to why these things are happening. Right?

The black "bad guy" (the partner of Claire's dad) is told to "hollow" the quarterback out in the episode "Hiros" Any clues as to what this means or how his powers work?

Well, let's talk about what we've seen. He's worked his "voodoo" on both Matt (Greg Grunberg) and Brody (the quarterback). Both have lost memories. So, we know he can do that. We also saw that he may be able to block Matt's mind reading as well.

Interesting. Do we have a name or at least a nickname for this character?

Around the office, we refer to him as The Haitian.

For the rest click the link.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
I have to say it's an awesome actor.

i would have to agree...

he was great in (spoiler-ish) 'national treasure' and 'the island'...

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think he did a total mind wipe on Brody but not the Cop. At least he couldn't take away the Cop's powers.

If Clair's dad is a bad guy, why didn't he have Brody turned into a vegetable?

Roper = waiting for tonight

[edit on 30-10-2006 by Roper]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Not enough action, or story progression for me.
What are DL's powers exactly?
WHy didn't Hiro stop time and save those guys? Was he just a big chicken, or is there something that stopped him?

Stay Tuned!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join