It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes (Season One)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think this guy Scuyler has a mix of all their powers and he's out to rid the world of all the heroes so he can be the only remaining one. Kinda like Highlander. I wonder if he absorbs their powers too!?

I wanna see whats up with the Cheerleaders father. I dunno if he's a bad guy or a good guy yet. The Professors son took off out of the cab, but dunno wether that was because he got spooked and they want to make it seem like hes a bad guy or what.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wow last night’s show was the best yet!
The Rainman reference killed me

I really hope that this show is on TV for a long time I want to see Hiro become the man we see from the future.
How far in the future could he be from?
He spoke perfect English but right now his English is so poor he needed Ando to speak to those thugs.
I’m really liking Peter’s development also. It seems that his real power is to copy other powers of those he comes in contact with.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I agree. I really like that episode, but that clip from next week of the dude flying looked amazing.
It's all coming along very nicely.

Hiro and the Cheerleader have been my favorites thus far. I do like the Cop as well, but he's in a pickle at the moment.

It does now seem like the one brother can copy someone's power. If you saw the preview to next week, you might have noticed him painting with his eyes all white.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I haven't had a chance to see Episode 4 yet but I downloaded it. The captioning for Hiro is becoming annoying. I hope he travels to the future and hooks himself up to a learning machine real fast. LOL

Pie

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I really hope that this show is on TV for a long time I want to see Hiro become the man we see from the future.
How far in the future could he be from?

I think that he didn't come from too far of a future. He might have used his power to freeze time and decided to learn self defence and how to speak English in a span of a few seconds (in real time). When he teleported to NY for the first time, he was 2 months into the future, before that huge mushroom cloud destroyed the city, so for him to come from a future that is beyond 2 months would be unlikely.

More than likely, he reversed time, after being knocked out by the gambler's henchman in the ally, so that he could learn how to protect himself and relive that same moment again, but this time knocking the henchman out instead.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
i liked this episode a lot too...

but, what i didn't like is the continuity of the last scene of the last episode to the scene where claire was in the morgue room...

if she was going to be in a morgue, "they" should have established that in the last episode...

it seems like it was just a scene to grab the attention of the viewers until next week (ie a major cop-out in my opinion)...

but, what the hell, the show is new and i don't expect to agree with everything on it...

that aside, i really enjoyed this episode and this series all-together...

i would have liked to have seen a story that revolved around everyone knowing that claire "died" and that she is thus forced to find a new life, because she can't return home...

that's just me though...

i love these "bad guys" (even though will still don't know if they are actually "bad")...

they might be doing bad things for the right reasons...

i have my own theory on them and it revolves around their task involving the catching of all of our "heroes," studying them, and then making them forget that they even had powers...

i enjoyed that scene with nikki's "evil side" coming out...

i can't see it going though for more than one or two seasons though

the reason for this is how many huge problems (like our "nuke in new york city" theme) can "they" create before getting redundant / ridiculous...

will next season be saving the whole world???

and then what???

see what i mean

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Skylar would most definitely be an evil dude. With every superhero, there must also be a evil villian too, and skylar is it. If they do portray him as a good person, they're going to have to explain why he made the FBI agent put a gun to her head and why he killed the other agent who was protecting the girl from the crime scene.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The guy that tried to take the little girl at the FBI , then shot and came back to life was a white guy.

Did the black guy ever have a name or is it assumed he is Skylar?

Roper

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

i can't see it going though for more than one or two seasons though

the reason for this is how many huge problems (like our "nuke in new york city" theme) can "they" create before getting redundant / ridiculous...

will next season be saving the whole world???

and then what???

see what i mean

hey man have you seen the show "24" LOL they have a new problem every year and we still buy into it cause it's fun.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Skylar would most definitely be an evil dude.

i hope i wasn't confusing...

if so, let me clear it up...

i wasn't talking about skylar, i was talking about the guy with the glasses and the black guy...

Originally posted by Roper
Did the black guy ever have a name or is it assumed he is Skylar?

Roper

i don't think that is skylar...

Originally posted by corsig
hey man have you seen the show "24" LOL they have a new problem every year and we still buy into it cause it's fun.

i have, i love it...

but, for me, the same "terrorists are going to do bad things and only jack can save the day" them is getting old...

this is why i hope this coming season with the chinese will be different...

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Does anyone else think that Niki's son might also have some powers? He seems to be very smart, but we haven't see just how smart he can be. He does seem to often hint at knowing what is really going on in his mom's life, even though she refuses to tell him.

[edit on 18-10-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Does anyone else think that Niki's son might also have some powers?

possibly...

maybe even if the heroes have sex with someone, that person gets some powers too (and so will there offspring)

it's all genetics right???

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
maybe even if the heroes have sex with someone, that person gets some powers too (and so will there offspring)

it's all genetics right???

Genetics, imo is what is causing these powers. That's the only possible way it would explain why the Mohinder Suresh's father (the one that wrote the book on genetics and super powers) was "killed," why both Petrelli brother's have powers, and how the formula Suresh's father found could predict who has the powers.

- My theories on this show are that the cheerleader's parents both had powers, but were killed by her adoptive father, and he adopted her to keep an eye on her, possibly to use her in an evil scheme.

- Suresh's father is either alive, or Skylar himself. My belief on this is because they used a well known actor to portray the father in the image on his book, so it would seem like a waste if the live actor was never portrayed again in the story.

- Niki's power is not only to change her personality (what kind of power would that be alone?) but to also gain super strength when changed into her evil form. She easily over powered the mafia hitmen at her house (even cutting one in two), and also roughed up the one in the elevator pretty easily.

- I know this one will seem like a strange theory, but I believe Hiro is the one who killed the artist and the little girl's parents (the ones who were nearly decapitated). What leads me to believe this is that he has a sword, plus his power to freeze time. When freezing time, he's not really freezing the world around himself, but rather moving at a speed so fast that it seems he has the world frozen. Now imagine later on in the series he can use this power on others, not freezing time around himself, but the person itself he directs it towards, locking them in a frozen like state with no way to get out. Doing this would give him the advantage to easily take their brains.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
FYI, there is a Hero's marathon on NBC tonight, so people can catch up if need be.

Roper

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
i was reading the tv guide magazine and (spoiler-ish i guess):

"d.l," nikki's boyfriend (husband???)/ father of the kid, is going to escape from prison because he has an ability too!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Wasn't the black guy who tried to brainwash the police officer Niki's husband? He had a necklace with the same symbol on Niki's back. It could be that I'm mistaken, and the symbol is a brand on all the 'heroes' too, though.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Wasn't the black guy who tried to brainwash the police officer Niki's husband? He had a necklace with the same symbol on Niki's back. It could be that I'm mistaken, and the symbol is a brand on all the 'heroes' too, though.

I began to notice this as well during the marathon last night. When Hiro goes to the artist's loft and finds him dead, one of the paintings in the background has that symbol as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Oh ya, and that symbol is hidden in the computer data (sideways) when the professor's son finds the travel drive in the reptile's tank.

Anyone have an idea on what it is? It looks like half of a dna strand to me. Which actually does make sense.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It might be the triple helix DNA strand. Maybe it's the genetics company's symbol or brand for their products.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
last night's episode was great...

one thing i noticed (yet again) was that the continuity between the last scene of last episode and the first scene of this episode sucked...

i can do a better editing job than than...

i don't think it is on purpose, so this must be a continuous problem...

take a look at what i am talking about, it is very interesting...

anyway, besides this little bit, i loved this episode and this series...

i guess it is safe to assume that peter can "copy" the powers of the other heroes that are near him...

this is shown by the fact that he flew around his brother (who is fluent in flying) and how he was able to see the painting before it was finished and then how he finished painting it in that trance-like state...

the new task is here:

save the cheerleader (from getting torn up / her heart getting ripped out???) and thus save new york...

i wonder why she is so important to need saving???

maybe it is her connection to her father???

hmmm

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join