It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes (Season One)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I don't know...
If I was the guy creating Heroes I'd make the villain have unreal power. He has to stand up to the rest of thes guys right?

yeah that's true...

it seems to me that "they" (these bad guys) want the son to remain alive for the time being...

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Another awesome show last night.

It looks like Hiro and Ando are going to hook up with Niki in Vegas soon.

What was up with the black guy in the bar? Could that be Silas?

Also check this out.

NBC's "Heroes" is looking like the fall's hottest new show after winning its time period Monday in key demos for a third straight week and matching its strong premiere score of two weeks ago, according to preliminary affiliate-based nationals from Nielsen.

www.variety.com

And with that this is now a topped topic in the TV forum

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Waking up to find you've had a post mortem! What's superchick going to do now?

Good show!

Roper

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Another awesome show last night.

yupp...

i love this show!!!

i can't believe they allow that much gore on a regular cable tv channel...

you know, i didn't think that that black guy in the bar could be silas but anything is possible right now...

that open chest scene grossed me out...

And with that this is now a topped topic in the TV forum

hey, i loved my thread being the top-most thread in here

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
So I saw the last two episodes just the other day and all I can say is I love this show. I can't believe they are allowing scenes THAT graphic on prime time. I'm hooked.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I wonder if he is only limited to hearing female thoughts.

wrong

*don't ban me*

last night we saw him reading men's minds too...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Banned!

I said that before the last episode. Up until that bar scene the only minds he read were female.
I think it would have been more interesting if he was only able to read women’s minds. So far it seems that the villains are all male so he wouldn’t be able to read their minds. Then again I’m sure they don’t want “Heroes” compared to “What Women Want.”

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I think it would have been more interesting if he was only able to read women’s minds.

i wouldn't like that...

to me, it would be too soap opera-ish...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Great show, I just didn't like one thing: too much violence.
Holy #, it looked like Resident Evil sometimes. On episode 2, the "high"-prophet half-headless without brain, what was that!? Mega weaponized zombie attack?

I hope they don't keep these kind of pattern in the show, otherwise it will look like another CSI or something.

But, it's promissor, it's doing good so far.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i wouldn't like that...

to me, it would be too soap opera-ish...

I don't watch soaps. I don't get the reference.

Originally posted by tunin

Holy #, it looked like Resident Evil sometimes. On episode 2, the "high"-prophet half-headless without brain, what was that!? Mega weaponized zombie attack?

There is a lot of "gore" isn't there. Where I live Heroes airs at 10pm so I'm not worried about kids watching the show.
I think in regards to the heads being sawed in half, the villain doing it is taking the brains for research, maybe even to make themselves more powerful.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Check this out...

I noticed something interesting. The bad guy Silas found the little girl and killed another cop in the station, right? The girl was wondering how he found her. It was like he could hear her thoughts maybe (like the cop). He also used telekinisis or something to make the female cop point the gun at her own head (perhaps part of Niki's power??) and he healed after being shot 4-5 times (the cheerleader) and seemed to disappear up very fast..like flight (the brothers).

It's almost like he has the powers of some of the Heroes. I just thought that was interesting.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think you are on to something there Zedd. TK may be Niki's ability but only used by her other self. AS you said in another post, it doesn;t seem right to have multiple personality disorder as a "gift."

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I don't watch soaps. I don't get the reference.

me neither...

i was just saying

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Check this out...

I noticed something interesting. The bad guy Silas found the little girl and killed another cop in the station, right? The girl was wondering how he found her. It was like he could hear her thoughts maybe (like the cop). He also used telekinisis or something to make the female cop point the gun at her own head (perhaps part of Niki's power??) and he healed after being shot 4-5 times (the cheerleader) and seemed to disappear up very fast..like flight (the brothers).

It's almost like he has the powers of some of the Heroes. I just thought that was interesting.

i like that a lot...

here is my theory:

this silas character wants (or, at least, does) to kill the people with powers (the "heroes")...

remember what he said to the india guy's father???

he said "what did you do to me"...

in reality though, this guy had these abilities all along (just like the other heroes)...

so, this guy hates having powers and kills other people that have powers...

or maybe he just wants to be the most powerful???

why would he go back to kill that girl in the "safe" place???

maybe she had powers and, thus, silus risked going back to kill her???

remember, at silus' house, he had that map (just like the father) of all those people with powers???

and guess who was on the map (just to name one): the brother running for senator...

sorry if this isn't that coherent but i am in a rush...

i will talk more about it later...

you guys like???

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I really like this show.

Not trying to be picky but the bad guy's name is Sylar, not Silas. Silas is an ex-boyfriend of mine from high-school and he doesn't have the intelligence to pull this kind of stuff off.

Anyhoo, I don't think the guy in the bar who blocked Matt's powers is Sylar. If Sylar was the fellow that tried to kidnap the little girl at the station (which seems logical), Sylar looks like a lot lighter than the guy in the bar.

Originally posted by they see ALL
why would he go back to kill that girl in the "safe" place???

maybe she had powers and, thus, silus risked going back to kill her???

That's possible. Sylar took a brain at her parents house which sort of implies that one of her parents (father?) had powers.

Which makes you wonder what kind of powers Niki's little boy is going to develop, if these powers are genetic. We already know he's 'super-smart'.

And speaking of Niki, when Peter first walks into Nathan's campaign office in the first episode, Nathan is on the phone. He's talking to Mr. Linderman, who happens to be the fellow that sent the goons after Niki.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Not trying to be picky but the bad guy's name is Sylar, not Silas.

sylar, that's it

i agree with you that the black bar guy is not sylar, but this begs the question then:

what was that scene about???

that black guy could be another hero!!!

okay, most likely not...

he is probably a bad guy, but who is he working for???

so many questions, i love it!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
From the preview for next week, it looks like we will get to see more of the Mysterious bar guy.

If you watch the preview, you'll get an idea of what that scene was about. I'd say, but sometimes people are picky about spoilers. Not that it would be a spoiler, because the preview was already broadcast.

Taking into account my logic in the last paragraph, here's what I think....... (With some space so that people can ignore my post if they want)

Don't look down if you are some kind of TV purist who hates previews.....

It looks like the bar guy and Claire's dad work together for some mysterious group (govt? not sure, but definitely not nice people) and they have kidnapped Matt to study him. Instead of drugging Matt, the black guy used his powers to subdue him.

Which leads to the question, will Claire's dad protect her from 'the group'?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
It looks like the bar guy and Claire's dad work together for some mysterious group (govt? not sure, but definitely not nice people) and they have kidnapped Matt to study him. Instead of drugging Matt, the black guy used his powers to subdue him.

Which leads to the question, will Claire's dad protect her from 'the group'?

it would appear that they are protecting this black guy because he has powers too

i don't think that claire's dad will protect her, i mean they already disgustingly cut her open

plus he said that it will break his heart (about what he must do)...

i wonder if claire can die once and for all???

what happens if her head gets chopped off or she is blown to bits???

it is interesting to note that claire stayed "dead" until that wood piece was removed from her neck / head...

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I thought Claire was in the coroner's office getting an autopsy. She was in the preview, so I don't think the bad guys have her yet. But I think you're right, her dad will rat her out eventually, or maybe try to recruit her for his side.

It does looks like Claire can die permanently if her brain gets messed up enough. That whole branch in the head thing was extremely icky. No doubt the FCC will get scores of complaints about this show. The gore doesn't bother me, but I'm sure there's people out there who will object strongly enough to start filling out forms.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Check this out.

www.scifi.com

Heroes' Larter Secret Revealed

Ali Larter, one of the stars of NBC's new hit series Heroes, told SCI FI Wire that the details of her character's mysterious double life will be revealed in upcoming episodes. "Where we're leading to is that there's going to be a duality within my personality," Larter said in a conference call with journalists on Oct. 11. "So there's one side that has to conform to society's rules and laws, and the shadow side that can actually live out the dark fantasies that are repressed within all of us."

Kring said that Niki's power was intentionally kept vague in the first few episodes because the writers wanted the audience to discover it along with the character. But there will be more explanation as the series continues. "It is intended to be confusing at the beginning, because we are following it through her point of view, as though you had woken up with this very curious thing happening to you," he said. "Niki's character is the one character that is discovering this in the most confusing way. So we are asking the audience to sort of buy into that conceit that it's going to be a road to discovery. And in the next couple of episodes, it becomes clearer and clearer. And after six episodes it should be very clear what's happening."

I'm sticking with TK used by her "other self."
Any other theories?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I'm sticking with TK used by her "other self."
Any other theories?

okay...

maybe its tk...

and maybe the restriction on this power is that, in order for it to work, nikki must be near a reflective object (a mirror, window, etc)...

EDIT:

and it only works if she really needs it to work or if she gets really pissed off...

[edit on 12-10-2006 by they see ALL]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join