It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the world has definatley gone mad!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
just stop for a second and take stock of how bad things really are....

Iraq,
Afghanistan,
India/kashmir,
N.Korea,
Israel,
Iran,

to name just a few of the more reported hell holes....

do you remember just a few years ago you only really remembered hearing about the odd war related report every now and then? (if u live in the west and europe)

and now its like every day???

it seems to me that the whole world is going mad...in the uk you used to fear the IRA...they look pretty tame compared to whats going on now with the worlds terrorist attacks...

I for one suddenley feel really unsafe.

The question is, do any of our resident experts really think that any of these above mentioned places will ever become peacefull? im looking at the facts and the hatred and it just isnt going to happen is it?

Im actually wondering if the days going to come when suddenley the news stations blast out the words 'NUCLEAR ATTACK'....OR 'CHEMICAL ATTACK'

i just dont think id be too shocked and that is really,really sad.

Does any one else feel like its only a matter of time or am i being really paranoid?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think you are really being paranoid, at least a little paranoid.

If I look back to the early 1990s, when I saw TV everyday, I really remember that they only spoke of war maybe once every week.

Today I almost do not watch TV, the majority of the news I get is from the internet, especially ATS.

Obviously, when we are looking in places where news about wars are more likely to appear it is only normal the we see news about war.

I also remember that the news I saw were about wars in Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Israel, almost every country in Africa, etc., so I think that we have changed only a little in the last 15 years.

Relax, enjoy the Summer, wars do not start in the Summer.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Each of those places you listed look like Disney Land compared to just about any country in Africa. But oh yeah, that's a continent no one cares about, no one reads about, and is mainly ignored. I wonder if it's their skin tone, or the fact they don't have oil that makes us not care.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Each of those places you listed look like Disney Land compared to just about any country in Africa. But oh yeah, that's a continent no one cares about, no one reads about, and is mainly ignored. I wonder if it's their skin tone, or the fact they don't have oil that makes us not care.

working all over west Africa for the past 5 years and being involved in several hummanitarian projects..(one of which i designed my self and intend to implement next year) africa is a place i care about very much. ..oh and by the way.. Africa has the biggest oil reserves ever found; in the gulf of guniea (the bight of biafra)

I am also involved with several projects promoting ecological tourism and am also in the process of starting a new company which soley utilizes native african people as employees and pays back 50% of all profit to these people as well as providing them with an above average wage and establishing a medical centre and school.

The people i work with (mainly english and portuguese) all love africa and have done many great things at their own personal expense there over the past 25 years.

onbviously you havent read much about africa in general or you would definatley have had a better perception of what decent people are trying to do there?

i do agree with you that africa is overlooked by many.

Perhaps you would like to read about 'Jesus christ airlines'....again decent people risking their lives and money to help people in africa.

The airline in question was JCA, for Joint Church
Aid -- but the pilots would only refer to it as Jesus Christ Airlines.
They were flying during the so-called Biafra conflict of the Nigeria
civil war (1967-70). Starting point for their flights was the former
Portuguese colony Sao Tomé, less than an hour from the destination.

The operation ended after 18 month, with about 5000 flights and 60,000
tons of food aid being delivered, saving about 1 Million people. 13 of
the amateur pilots -- many of them priests -- lost their lifes during
a mission that was officially illegal, but had the blessings of the
Pope.

30 years after, Danish director Lasse Jensen brought a group of the
flight veterans back to the island; among them ex-BBC reporter (and
now world-famous writer) Frederick Forsyth.

i have met one of those swiss pilots, he continues to work with hummanitarian projects in west africa.

Regards.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by optimus fett]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
You should put America in that list ya know. They are, with at least half of the country's in your list, the main oposing party and instigators and starters of wars.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
OF, I feel as you that the world has gone Mad. I also feel that with the current
mid east tensions/crisis/war our lives are about to change in a more drastic way
than even after 911. It's not paranoia, it's awareness of events and unconscious feelings that have led to my feelings of dread and fear.

If you are a prayin kind of person....
Now is the time!!

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
just stop for a second and take stock of how bad things really are....

Iraq,
Afghanistan,
India/kashmir,
N.Korea,
Israel,
Iran,

Nope, you are being a bit paranoid here I think.

Iraq: the war against Iran started in 1980 and it's been hell out there ever since. (26 years).
Afghanistan: Russia invaded in 1979. (27 years)
India/Kashmir: Problem goes back to partition in 1947, (and arguably much earlier). (59 years).
N. Korea: Korean war broke out in 1950. (56 years)
Israel: Where to begin? been little else but trouble for approx 2000 years.
Iran: Fall of the Shah in 1979 (27 years)

Perhaps we didn't all watch so closely many years ago without rolling news channels and the internet making this (troubled) world so much smaller but it's always been a dangerous place to live.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

it's awareness of events and unconscious feelings that have led to my feelings of dread and fear.

thanks Whaa...that is exactly what i was trying to get at but couldnt find the words...

the 'unconscious' feeling of something terrible looming...

cheers.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
that is what the goverment wants...this secret controlling entity wants to make the peopel of the U.S feel afraid, when u give into fear you are willing to give up alot of other patriotic rights without much questions.

top topics

join