It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did The Jesuit Order Mastermind The Sinking Of The Titanic?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Sauron, you beast. I was recently reading about this theory and I thought it would be a heck of a good thread. You've beaten me to it!

But I find the logic behind this theory totally plausible. And then... as if by magic, this week there was a TV special where metallurgists researching the true cause of the sinking of the Titanic, analyzed some of the rivets recovered from the wreck and found them very contaminated with slag.

The reason for the poor quality rivets took some research, but a female researcher went to Ireland to research the "buy orders" for the steel and discovered that the steel for the rivets had purposely been ordered a full grade lower than what would normally be used. The result? Rivets that were considerable weaker than they should have been. They even went to the trouble to duplicate new rivets out of the same grade metal and tested them to destruction in a lab. Lo and behold, they found that the rivets "popped" relatively easily... easily enough that even a relatively gentle rub against an iceberg could cause them to pop. And of course that caused a huge gash in the side of the ship... not a tearing of the metal plates, but separation of the plates from each other.

This is a very interesting theory. Thanks for posting it, because I think it's an important possibility to research.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Seems like an awful lot of .. grasping at straws.. the evidence is hearsay and assumptions. I do find it odd the captain of a ship is a Jesuit, and I wonder if he really did work for jp?

Also, it would help if the op of the article could post the actual employment of those wealthy who died..

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think that this theory isn't that far fetched at all.
There are plenty of strange coinsidenses that point directly to J.P Morgan.

One of the most strange ones has to do with SS Californian, a ship owned by J.P Morgan (like the Titanic was). It just happened to be at the scene of the sinking with no passengers or cargo at all onboard except blankets and clothing for 3000 people. Coincidense? I don't think so.

This is very interesting stuff...

www.world-mysteries.com...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join