It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What if our solar system is an atom and that the sun is the nucleus and the planets are the electrons. We havent got microscopes that can zoom in that close so what if?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Ur, a black hole is just a concentration of either matter (usually) or energy (possibly) so dense that the escape velocity is faster than the speed of light in a vacuum, due to the gravity.

No magic end of the universe stuff. And the kinetic energy of even a small infalling chunk of matter is going to be as much as a nuke.

Nukes are scary as far as strategic weapons go. In the realm of energetic phenomena, they're diddley.

Oh, and electrons don't actually 'orbit' an atom like planets around a sun.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I was joking.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Sorry, it's hard to tell on the net. At least it is for me.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Oh its no problem.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
As you see here when a black hole gets too close to an ATS thread tension rises.... so how can we speculate what will happen when a nuclear bomb is set off...............

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Wait till 2250 and shoot a nuclear warhead in the black hole we have found in the
middle of our galaxy and then observe what happens. But need to keep one thing in mind, stay at least three solar systems away and then it can be safe can it?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Ok, here's a freaky thought for your Friday night.

Is the concentration of matter in the universe sufficient to enclose some or part of it in an event horizon?

Remember, all the matter in the universe was in one spot at some point...more than enough density to form an event horizon right there.

In other words, are we inside a black hole right now? Maybe the 3K background radiation is just hydrogen infall from outside the hole we're in.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If we were in a hole we would not know time, and the worlds around us would stand still, the chances of life existing in a black hole is slim, your theory is very good indeed, but the reality of a black hole around us could not true, especially when we see them everyday in space.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

If we were in a hole we would not know time, and the worlds around us would stand still, the chances of life existing in a black hole is slim, your theory is very good indeed, but the reality of a black hole around us could not true, especially when we see them everyday in space.

From the point of view of something in the event horizon, time still passes. From outside, it does not.

A black hole doesn't have to have a point mass at the center.

I'm not sure that black holes can't exist inside black holes, either...stand by...

Ha! I'm not alone in my theory! Mwa ha ha ha! I are a geenyus!!!11!!

www.space.com...

"Some Schwarzschild Radii

We can calculate the Schwarzschild radius for the mass of the Earth: it works out to be about one-third of an inch. What this means is that if we could compact the Earth so that its radius gets down to one-third of an inch, the gravitational attraction becomes strong enough that the Earth gets crushed out of existence, creating a black hole.

The comparable figure for the mass of the Sun is about 1.1 kilometers.

For a mass of 2.5 x 1053 kg, i.e. a 2 and a 5 followed by 52 zeroes kg, the Schwarzschild radius is about 17 billion light years. This huge mass is an estimate for the total mass of the universe. Also, given that the age of the universe is 15 billion years or so, 17 billion light years is awfully close to the size of the universe. Does this mean that the universe itself is a black hole?

It turns out that this question is the same as asking: is the universe closed. If the universe is closed, then it is fairly accurate to say that it is a black hole."...www.upscale.utoronto.ca...

www.mathpages.com... this one will give you a headache

www.sciencedaily.com...

www.math.ucr.edu... this guy says no

answers.google.com...

Hm. Welcome to Black Hole Tom. Enjoy your stay....for eternity.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join