It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Headbutt heard around the world” a victory for Bush propaganda

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

InfoWars

The 2006 World Cup soccer final was decided when France’s superstar, Zinedine Zidane, headbutted Italy’s Marco Materazzi in the chest in apparent response to a verbal insult, triggering a red card, and tipping the balance of the game, and the cup, to Italy.

The Paris-based anti-racism advocacy group SOS-Racism quotes “several well-informed sources” that Materazzi called Zidane “a dirty terrorist." While Materazzi has categorically denied the charge, expert lip readers confirm, based on studies of tapes of the incident, that Materazzi called Zidane the “son of a dirty terrorist whore."

The single most alarming aspect (of this otherwise silly sports moment) is socio-cultural: a single word, “terrorist," has been weaponized to such a degree, that it was enough to drive a man at the top of his sport to throw away his celebrity and a brilliant career, with the entire world watching. “Terrorist” has not only been turned into the ultimate epithet, and a trigger for violence and racism. (Materazzi falsely believed that Zidane is of Middle Eastern heritage, which Zidane clearly did not take well.)

Materazz i admits insulting Zidane

Marco Materazzi admits he insulted Zinedine Zidane before the France captain head-butted him in the World Cup final. Materazzi denies calling him a "terrorist."

"I did insult him, it's true," Materazzi said in Tuesday's Gazzetta dello Sport. "But I categorically did not call him a terrorist. I'm not cultured and I don't even know what an Islamic terrorist is."

"I held his shirt for a few seconds only, then he turned round and spoke to me, sneering," the Italian defender said. "He looked me up and down, arrogantly and said: 'If you really want my shirt, I'll give it to you afterwards."

If you were watching the World Cup Finals you know about this Story and how the French dreams of becoming World Champions quickly ended when Zidane received a Red Card for his actions.

Now we all see football players being great friends at the start and at the end of the game, but during the game, the story could not be different; insults fly, especially if the player is coming from a "Non-Civilized" country, like Africa or Middle East. And how quickly can the game turn around, when you call somebodies mother “son of a dirty terrorist whore".

Well Zidane should be above this low insult and play the game without such an outbreak - but I guess the nerves got the best of him and he did what he did.

This truly is a victory for Bush administration, not Italy, since the word "Terrorist" today, can be used in all aspects of our society - a word that can trigger anger even in a professional football star, like Zidane.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Wow....

Usually I half support a lot of your posts, but I think Bush has done enough to supply us ammo for insult. This is a huge stretch, my friend.

Pretty low. You can do better.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
What? I don't get your point. What does this have to do with Bush?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Typical Bush basher...

He finds a way to turn anything and everything into Bush's fault. Alot of the time discrediting his own argument - as can clearly be seen here.

I find that the left (Bush Haters) often get SO opinionated that proof from the right (Pro-Bush) will lead to more 'theories' and made-up BS on their part. This means that no matter what Bush does, no matter what Bush doesn't do... there is no changing their mind. They will always hate him. And you'll find that 80% of their argument is based off anti-bush propaganda and hate speeches from the left.

The italian soccer incident has nothing to do with Bush mate. I think you're going to far with your over-exadurated and often hypocritical opinions about Bush and the US government.

Go read a book or a newspaper and figure out something to whinge about instead of just saying "George Bush is an idiot, I hate this I hate that" educate yourself before you have an opinion so maybe someone besides idiots can agree with you.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by shanemcbain]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

From the Original Article

For this, we must thank the George W. Bush-Dick Cheney administration, and its disinformation agents around the world (particularly in Israel and other pockets of US-Bush gangsterism) for the manufacturing of 9/11 and the “war on terrorism” phantoms, their endless war, and the disinformation apparatus that continues to monger ignorant fear in every corner of the world, and deep in the brain synapses of every person on earth.

How much more devolution will be the direct result of the actions of the Bush administration?

Who has done more for the spreading of the word "Terrorism" then Bush&Co?

This incident has alot to do with Bush's alleged War on Terror-ism, since it is not very hard today to label and insult people by using this word.

Even I have been labelles several times, and I am not even from the Middle-Eastern roots.

Ignorance at its purest form.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Let's Butt Heads!

Welcome, friends, to PTS.

Here, topics like these are golden.

Souljah, I want your business, and welcome as much more like this as you're willing to post. This is truly excellent, and I highly value your contributions as a member.

I have awarded this thread applause -- twice. Please keep them coming!

Other members: please feel free to say what you really think about this, but remember it's a valid topic on PTS, even if you might think it's bogus.

Also, be nice to each other. This is PTS, but name-calling is still off-topic.

Except in Slug-Fest.

More to follow...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Terrorists have been around LONG before Bush buddy. And I'm sure people were calling other people 'terrorist' a long time before 9/11.

How about answering my points above? You can't because you don't have solid evidence for your argument. You never have.

And you think that Infowars is a good source? Perhaps YOU are the ignorant one. How about reading from a reliable source instead of a clearly bias anti-bush propaganda site?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Bush don't need to spread the word when the terrorists themselves who are terrorizing the world that can pretty much make the people aware of the term. Like for example the bombing of the commuter trains and now the world's news organizations are talking about it. And also why do terrorists do it? TO GET ATTENTION!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Mister Majic

Whoa!

Thank you very muchly for two Applauses.

That was really not what I expected.

I shall keep them Coming!

Mister shanemcbain

I am not a Bush Basher - that is just your quickest way out of the debate, to label the "MESSENGER" (that is me) as a bush-basher; or possibly in the worst (or best) case scenario, a Terrorist-Lover. I am neither LEFT nor RIGHT, so you can quickly forget your dreams about labelling me a Liberal-Pinko-Commie also. Belive me, I read alot of books and alot of newspapers, but it looks like, here where I live - that is Slovenia (find it on the map if you can), the press can print somewhat more UN-censored and I get a whole different picture about the world events happening today. Actually I will take your posts as Insults, since you have written that only "Idiots can agree with me" - meaning I myself am an Idiot also, correct?

And yes my dear Friend, I do think Infowars and PrisonPlanet and everything that Alex Jones produces IS not only Good source, but a GREAT one, and if you would listen to what he has to say just once, you would find out, that he is not at all an anti-bushist propagandist, but an ANTI-GLOBALIST.

Can you spot the difference?

Too bad none of you can not see, how this story about Zinedine Zidane has ALOT to do with the alleged War on Terror - but I guess you never will anyway.

[edit on 12/7/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

So somehow, the words terrorism and terrorist were a positive term before 2000? Damn that Bush for taking such a wholesome and pure concept of blowing yourself up in a crowd of civillians and making it such a bad thing!

I am moribdly curious on your definition of terrorism and how the TERM (not your views on how Isreal and the US are terroists, we are more than aware of your one sided view on this subject) can possibly have ever been a positive thing?

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

This incident has alot to do with Bush's alleged War on Terror-ism, since it is not very hard today to label and insult people by using this word.

Oh, yea, souljah. I agree with you, it 's not something people want to hear but nevertheless, its reality. At least OUR reality. BTW, its also reality for millions of Americans too-not to mention the entire world population.....:shk:

Dear readers, the beauty is, it doesnt have to be YOUR reality.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Even I have been labelles several times, and I am not even from the Middle-Eastern roots.

God, Souljah. This is a real stretch. You're being silly.

Bush did not invent the word terrorism, nor was it an uncommon word before, and has been used well before this administration to insult people of Arabic origin.

I don't know what cloud you have been living on, but racism against Arabs in Europe was around well before Bush, Clinton, even Regan. Italian anti-Arab sentiment is pretty old, and middle easterns have been associated with terrorism and such for a long time. You seem to forget the Italians have had problems in the past with terrorism from the middle east too.

To blame Bush for Materazzi's crude and ignorant comment is like blaming Mata Hari for inventing the Honey Pot Trap.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Well I see the point being made here and I also remember a time pre-911 when arabs and anybody who even looked like one didn't have to worry about walking down the street without being mean-mugged, called a terrorist or even verbally and physically attacked, which I have sadly seen on more than one occassion, and continue to see, since.

Nobody can tell me with a straight font (face lol) and say the day-to-day of where they live hasn't changed in this aspect. Although some of us would see it more obviously than others of course.

Yes terrorism and the word terrorist has been around a very long time but I agree Bush & Co glamorized it.

[edit on 23-7-2006 by ImJaded]

CX

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Have to agree with Skadif on this one, Bush may have added to the spread of the word "terrorist", but he certainly is'nt the reason for it's usage. Terrorism was around way before Bush was.

As for why Zidane did it, nerves has nothing to do with it. Zidane had found out his mother had been taken seriously ill before the match, and after several taunts about her he rightly put the Italian on the floor. Thats not nerves, thats giving someone what they had coming to them.

CX.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
God, Souljah. This is a real stretch. You're being silly.

Nope I am not being silly at all - Bush&Co gave a whole new Spin to this Word and to the entire Muslim Community in the world, basicly saying that all Terrorists are Muslim, therefore the War on Terrorism is a War on Muslims.

Zidane is a Muslim.

Therefore he can be labelled a Terrorist - or at least insulted by this word.

Sure the Italians are not big fans of Muslims, and Football players during the game exchange many insults to throw each other off the track - but saying, that Zidane is a Bastard Son of a Terrorist Mother (who happened to be very ill in the hospital) was a Big triumpg for the Italian team, since they got rid of Zidane 10 minutes before the penalties would start.

It is so easy these days to stick "Terrorist Labels" on everybody - especially if he or she is a Muslim - meaning that the Bush&Co plans are going very well;

To divide the Public into those, With US and to those Terrorists.

I guess I am a Terrorist too then.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I guess I am a Terrorist too then.

Well, hush your mouth!! You are no such thing!! You're expressing what you feel, as my signature points out!

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Bush does not have anything to do with this one nice try? he is as smart as a stump.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
souljah u struck the nail once again.........
10 years ago the term terrorist did not have the same impact that it does today. now-a-days if you are labeled a terrorist 'they' mean that you are trained and training for the next strike against democracy, well amerikan democracy, and that ALL measures should be taken to find, stop, and punish you.

in the last 3ish years what has amerika and england been doing to combat terrorism.....3 things..1) running around the globe justifying imperialism by saying that 'there be terrorist in your country so do what we say'...2) putting more and more of a , how shall we say, a watchfull eye on all its citizens, making movement in country, not more controlled but more of a registared activity, ie you need to be searched, scanned, name run against a database of.....you guessed it , terrorists...3) to say and trying to show that every act of violence is a terrorist act or a possible terrorist act and that the WORD terrorist should be feared as much as a real terrorist act.

the word terror has been around for a loooong time but it is the current u.s. govt that has given this word the current connotation that it has (connotation is a secondary meaning given to a word)
just as a reminder of the dictionary definition (american heritage dictionary for you unbelievers)
terror: 1) intense fear. 2) violence committed by group to attain a political goal.
terrorism: the POLITICAL use of terror and intimidation

the political use of fear and intimidation...hmmmmmm

bush and supporters have now redifind the word terrorist to mean; anyone that is against the u.s. and its actions is a terrorist......

CX

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Nope I am not being silly at all - Bush&Co gave a whole new Spin to this Word and to the entire Muslim Community in the world, basicaly saying that all Terrorists are Muslim

When has Bush said that ALL terrorists are muslim? I'm not saying you're exaggerating things here, i mean Bush has indeed said sone pretty stupid stuff in the past, but i could'nt remember this one. A link would be good.

CX.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Nope I am not being silly at all - Bush&Co gave a whole new Spin to this Word and to the entire Muslim Community in the world, basicly saying that all Terrorists are Muslim, therefore the War on Terrorism is a War on Muslims.

He said no such thing. That was an Israeli who said that.

Zidane is a Muslim.

Therefore he can be labelled a Terrorist - or at least insulted by this word.

So can an Irish Catholic. So can the Hindu Tamil Tigers. So can Israeli Zionists. Its not limited to Muslims.

Sure the Italians are not big fans of Muslims, and Football players during the game exchange many insults to throw each other off the track - but saying, that Zidane is a Bastard Son of a Terrorist Mother (who happened to be very ill in the hospital) was a Big triumpg for the Italian team, since they got rid of Zidane 10 minutes before the penalties would start.

Its called politics of football. If you havent noticed, its a common theme throughout the game. Its dirty. So is diving. But to say its Bush's fault is ludicris. If Zidane was simply French, they would have probably hurled insults about his bravery, his hygeine, ect. If he was German, they would have mocked him by calling him a Nazi or implying his grandmother had sex with many Russians. It has nothing to do with Muslims being singled out. It had everything to do with some very dirty tactics to anger France's best player so he would be removed from the field and Italy would have a better shot.

It is so easy these days to stick "Terrorist Labels" on everybody - especially if he or she is a Muslim - meaning that the Bush&Co plans are going very well

Its also easy to stick labels on Americans. Israelis, the English, ect, anyone you wish to hate. Bush and Co. Plans are not going well. They are losing fac e, support, and credibility by the hour.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join