It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scared? Or a new way to track you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hmm, this seems interesting to me. When they say "ID", do they mean more than the return addr? This still wont fix the issue of dangerous chemicals. Someone still has to touch the envelopes.

The report said "intelligent mail" could allow mail tracking and "significantly improve mail security through enhanced traceability."

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Won't work!

That has too many flaws! It'll increase security by a little but not enough to help anything...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I agree that it has many flaws. But we have been known to give up a few freedoms for supposed increased safety.

I am in no way worried about something like this. At least not in the near future. Specially since I only mail 1 thing a month, and well the gas company already knows where I live.

Its just interesting the means that those in charge want to go to, to try and remove some of our freedoms by saying they are protecting us. I can't see of any cheap and easy way to do what they are proposing. I can think of a hard and expensive way though.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Forget that! I'm going to try to crash on an island with my future wife and get away from "security" We'll have more security on a far away island then the best prison in america!

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hmm, maybe I should offer my thoughts on this tracking and charge a huge fee. So once its all done, I could buy an island and make my own country.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Are you the type to steal freedoms from the citizens? If not, I'd like to become a citizen of your country, crayon.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Heck no, no stealing. At least not from our citizens. Anything that benefits us is allowed.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yep i feel i am being tracked.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Don't even use the mail system anymore...pay all bills using online payments systems. Haven't licked a stamp in years...hehe.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
Don't even use the mail system anymore...pay all bills using online payments systems. Haven't licked a stamp in years...hehe.

Hehe, don't need to lick stamps anymore. They have self adhesive stamps now.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   
...Email can be tracked much more quickly & easily than snail-mail letters...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by crayon

Originally posted by xenongod

Hehe, don't need to lick stamps anymore. They have self adhesive stamps now.

Really? Guess that's why I haven't licked one then...you think?

top topics

join