It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah Seize Israel Soldiers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouljahAnd what Proof will you give us, to Convince us that it is the Truth?

Apart from Zionist - I mean Israeli Defence Forces?

I gave a bunch of quotes from a bunch of sources. The one source that has been given, besides ATS, is Asia Times and the reporter who filed the story?

Sami Moubayed

I'll take Assoc. Press, CNN, NY Times, LA Times, for 1000 Alex.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hizbullah is most likely to win this war with Israel simply because Israel is driving more and more people to the group's cause. Millions of ordinary Arabs across the middle east now see the group who has the guts to stand up to Israel. Hamas and other Palestinian groups were not effective against Israel. Now Muslims see a group who is perfectly capable to strikes at the heart of Israel and make it bleed.

This is why Israel is so scared and trying its best to destroy the group.

As US is painfully discovering, how the hell do you finish ideological militias who have mass support.

www.usatoday.com...&a_x.htm

www.aljazeera.com...

www.aljazeera.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

Israel Defeated

[edit on 19-7-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I gave a bunch of quotes from a bunch of sources. The one source that has been given, besides ATS, is Asia Times and the reporter who filed the story?

Sami Moubayed

Hmmm, what would you say if I started basing by rationale on reporters last names? Can I completely discredit reporters if their surnames sound Jewish? Fear not though, im not a racist so I couldnt stoop to that level.

[edit on 19/7/06 by subz]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The middleeast situation is the culmination of decades of political self interests, lies, deceit, and broken promises largely by British politicians. Study the history of the region for some background
Middle East History
The only US media outlets on the subject quote the official Isreali statement and without corroboration we should not take that at face value. Think about this for a moment. Isreal has more weapons that are more destructive than Hezbollah. For every Isreali injured or killed, Isreal kills 5 to 200 Arabs. Isreal has bigger and better weapons. The Arabs are outgunned and they are NOT stupid. They are cornered by a nation that routinely violates international law and human rights with complete and total impunity.
My wife is a Palestinian Christian. She came to America from Bethlehem as a political refugee, because her cousin is the chief editor at a Palestinian newpaper. Since her cousin is too well known for the Isrealis to make "disappear" (They once jailed him for several months because he published an article that was critical of the Isrealis shutting off the water supply to an Arab section of Jerusalem) the policy of Isreal appears to be by means of kidnapping... they call it detaining.. relatives of high profile Arabs, torturing, beating, sometimes killing them, and quite often taking their property and leaving them homeless. My wife was arrested by Isreali soldiers, beaten, kicked hard enough in the face that her nose was broken, but never questioned about anything during her "interrogation". She once witnessed her 13 year-old cousin killed (shot in the back) by an Isreali soldier who started shooting at a group of children because he claimed they called him a bad name. These are some of the stories you don't hear about on the news.
Iraq did not fire missles at Isreal to punish them for alliances with the us, They did it to show support for the Palestinian people, in an attempt to improve relations with other Arab countries.
The politicians don't want us to think. They want to tell us what to believe. They currently have the media on their side, reporting as fact what is at worst propaganda and at best, a very biased view of things.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by subzHmmm, what would you say if I started basing by rationale on reporters last names? Can I completely discredit reporters if their surnames sound Jewish? Fear not though, im not a racist so I couldnt stoop to that level.

[edit on 19/7/06 by subz]

I was merely pointing out that, while there are an abundance of reputable news sources stating that Hez crossed into Israel, there is one reputable (Asia Times is reputable, no?) source stating otherwise and that article was written by someone who, possibly, has a biased view of the story.

Gimme more sources that state that Hez was acting inside Lebanon. Any sources. Does Al Jazeera even say that?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
Hizbullah is most likely to win this war with Israel simply because Israel is driving more and more people to the group's cause. Millions of ordinary Arabs across the middle east now see the group who has the guts to stand up to Israel. Hamas and other Palestinian groups were not effective against Israel. Now Muslims see a group who is perfectly capable to strikes at the heart of Israel and make it bleed.

What exactly do you mean by "win this war"? It seems to me that each side has an objective:

Hezbollah - destroy the Israeli state and reclaim all Israeli territory
Israel - maintain their borders, destroy the terrorists, their weapons, and punish those who support them

Now, have said that, who do you think is having more success?

This is why Israel is so scared and trying its best to destroy the group.

I would hadly characterize the collective mental state of Israel as "scared". While Im sure there are many who are feeling anxious and fearful, I would say that many more are angry and determined.

As US is painfully discovering, how the hell do you finish ideological militias who have mass support.

Well, the first thing you do is decide to not cave into their demands, and punish their acts of violence by returning it to them tenfold.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Wrong Pyros. Your kind of thinking is what has kept the world and humanity in a constant state of warfare for as long as has been written. You should not and must not seek to find solutions to violence with more violence, cuz guess what? It is just going to breed MORE VIOLENCE. We must first ask for forgiveness for all the Western nations have done to that whole region. It should start with Britain apologizing for creating the whole territorial issue in the first place. One should swallow pride and apologize for the sins of our fathers, lest generations of our children be punished for them.

Once we finish our apologies, we must help rebuild. The number one thing is to focus on utilities and EDUCATION. Like stop teaching that the way to punish is to kill and unleash mayhem unto civilian populations.

The bigger man is the one who can apologize and forgive for the sins of both sides, not the man who is obviously more stronger and therefore violently attacks and attempts to destroy thw weaker one.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well said DYepes.

Speaking about education, did any one see the photos of little Israeli girls writing hate messages on shells bound for Lebanon? What hope is there when the next generation, on both sides, is so indoctrinated with hate that they would allow or encourage their children to write hateful messages on weapons that will most likely kill innocent civilians? These are truly dark times we live in.

Originally posted by Pyros
It seems to me that each side has an objective:

Hezbollah - destroy the Israeli state and reclaim all Israeli territory
Israel - maintain their borders, destroy the terrorists, their weapons, and punish those who support them

Are you confusing Hezbollah with Hamas? Hezbollah just wants Israel out of Lebanon. They continue to exist because Israel still occupies the Shebaa Farms.

If Hezbollah were to achieve their objective it would be to force Israel from all Lebanese soil.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
These are girls from the Israeli north who live a daily life of bombardment. Even before hezbullahs attack there where occasional attacks on their towns. What do you expect a Romeo andJuliet story?

That Shebaa farm story is already played out. The Lebanese opposition and the UN have claimed that Shebaa farms are Syrian and NOT Lebanese. The Shebaa farms story is just another excuse of a warmongering people called Hizbullah. Please get off that tired old and baseless story.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Removed Quote Of Entire Preceeding Post.

[edit on 24/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
how do you know the girl isn't writing "sorry, this is not what we want" or "hopefully this won't explode"?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
how do you know the girl isn't writing "sorry, this is not what we want" or "hopefully this won't explode"?

I know that's not what they wrote because of the closer shots of the same incident. In the closer shots that have been posted already here on ATS and PTS you can read the content of some of the messages.

Some read "To Hezbollah with love from Israel". The laconic messages those girls have written on those shells are confronting to most civilized people. Why? Because it is behaviour usually conducted by active service personel in the militaries involved.

Many a message was written by American airforce men on the bombs that were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. We expect that type of hubris and detachment from soldiers, it is the reality they face. But when altogether innocent looking children not only partake in the same cited behaviour but are allowed to do so by the adults around them, it is completely heart breaking. What chance is there of stopping this cycle of violence when children such as these are writing hateful messages on weapons of war? Where is the sense of protection on behalf of those who look after them? Why are they allowing these girls to be included in something so utterly inhumane?

Stop the hate.

[edit on 24/7/06 by subz]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Guardian Newspaper 24 July

"..Israel seizes the corpses of 13 Hezbollah fighters at Maroun-al-Ras and buried in Israel to use in future negotiations over the release of Israeli prisoners.."

What can you say except...sick!

Edit: I originally wrote Hezbollah fighters where the Guardian article actually states Lebanese fighters

[edit on 24-7-2006 by timski]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by timski

"..Israel seizes the corpses of 13 Hezbollah fighters at Maroun-al-Ras and buried in Israel to use in future negotiations over the release of Israeli prisoners.."

What can you say except...sick!

Please provide a link for the above "quote."

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
MM...

I scanned the article from today's newspaper...hope thats ok for you!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join