It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah Seize Israel Soldiers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Hezbollah have announced that they have taken two IDF soldiers prisoner after an artillery exchange and a gun battle this morning. IDF forces also suffered 7 dead according to reports. Hezbollah casualties are unknown at this time

news.bbc.co.uk
The Lebanese Shia militant group Hezbollah says it has captured two Israeli soldiers during clashes across the Lebanese-Israeli border.
The announcement was made on the group's television channel, al-Manar.

There has been heavy fighting in the area with Hezbollah firing dozens of rockets and Israel responding with tank and artillery fire, and air strikes.

Aircraft struck roads, bridges and guerrilla posts, Lebanese sources say, and there are reports of casualties.

Israel's PM said anyone trying to test its resolve would "pay a heavy price".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There is very little about this available at the moment, but before it appeared on the ticker, I noticed reports of heavy fighting in Northern Israel between Lebanese/Palestinian Guerillas and IDF forces. Casualties appear to higher than normal for when these things happen.

It certainly seems now that Israel is going to have a war on two fronts if they don't take control of things pretty soon. With Gaza in the south and now Hezbollah in the north, it makes you wonder what else is going to happen over the coming days and weeks.

[edit on 12/7/06 by stumason]

[edit on 12/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This will be interesting.

History is unfolding right before our eyes.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Just in:

Israeli ground troops have entered southern Lebanon to search for the two soldiers, Israeli officials said.
Source

EDIT: Israeli PM describes attacks this morning as an "act of war".... This could indeed get very messy!

[edit on 12/7/06 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
this is the biggest fight the lebanese israelian border saw from a very long time
i think israel is not far from entering again the lebanese grounds.

israel and the us governement want to disarm hezbollah and i think entering lebanon will raise the voice of the local parties that want hezbollah to disarm.

it will be good strategy for israel
but innocent people will pay the price

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
news from a local lebanese television says;

the number of the israeli hostages are 2 and hezbollah wants to exchange them with lebanese prisonners in israeli prisons

hezbollah destroyed an israeli tank that crossed the border (it seems that this was the reason of the fight

israel put a 6000 soldiers on the border ready to enter lebanon; and they could call for reserve

in fact you should know that the lebanese army ever foughted israel, the lebanese can't afford the weight of a war with israel (it will be loosed certainly) , the lebanese defence is resumed to guerilla actions made majorely by hezbollah

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
First Israel pull their people our of settlements, fortifying their position. Then they accuse of the HAMAS for a kidnapping, bomb power stations, blockade roads etc. Now more soldiers have been kiddnapped from their northern neighbours, and they are in the process of invading at the moment.
Honestly i could see this comming along way off, i dont believe this soldiers are being kidnapped but are more likely being shot by Mossad and thrown in a hole and then blame on whoever they want. This is war, and so far israel since its modern birth have never lost a war, and i doubt they will loose this one. While everyone has thier eyes on NK and Iran they zionists do as they please.

And please i am no anti-semite. I do believe israel has the right to exist, but not with its hawkish policies agiasnt its neighbours.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Doesn't agree with the facts on the ground...

Israel shooting it's own soldiers?

(shakes head)

Two words...

Egypt and Jordan.

Nuff said.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
i agree that israel killed a lot of time in history it's soldiers or sent missiles to it's town when it wants to enter a war with faulse reasons
but this time hezbollah annouced his responsability for the kidnapping and i can say these guys never lie.
israel have a US protecion and she can do whatever she want to.

just a question for meditation; why is israel allowed to have nuclear weapons, while other countries are not allowed to use nuclear energy for peace projects???

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Ohh yeah Egpyt and Jordan are the only places that extremists would exists.....
Let me say this their are Jews who are more than willing to kill their own kind for the betterment of israel, and the zionist movement. Just the same as islamic extremists, so dont think that the israeli would not resort to the same barbaric tactics.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It is nice to see that Egypt and Jordan were able to get along with Israel. I do not believe they will support any action by these alleged terrorist organizations. Neither will they help Israel. I just do not understand why Israel would not be better off without resorting to violence?

You release prisoners, you remove an extra burden on the taxpayers budget (not that they are paying much to keep their prisoners in good conditions anyways). Seriously though your going to risk the lives of hundreds maybe thousands of young soldiers, because you do not want to peacefully agree to a prisoner exchange? Perhaps they executed the all and they refuse to release them because of it.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
You CAN not Kidnap a Soldier - you take him PRISONER.

Just like IDF Took prisones of 10.000 Palestinians currently in their Detention.

But ofcourse, the "Poor Israel" must always play the Role of the Victim - so naturally Israeli SOLDIERS are being Kidnapped, while Palestinains are being Imprisoned.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'd harboured suspicions that yet another Mid-East war could break out when America was preoccupied in Iraq.

It seems that the escalations by Israel of invading Gaza, violating Syrian airspace and now invading Southern Lebanon are having the desired effect. The Mid-East is about ready to explode if you ask me. Another war against Israel by Islamic militants backed up by Syria and possibly Iran through the mutual defence pact is quite a possibility.

When Israel can deem the actions of a non-government militant group an "act of war" and act on that with invasion they bring this kind of scenario on themselves. When they breached Syrian airspace that was also an act of war. Syria would of legally been well within its rights to attack Israel proper for doing so.

Mark my words, this is going to turn into a full scale conflict. This is merely the start of something much, much larger.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Please direct me to the detention center, prisoner of war camp, or other official designated area for prisoners in Lebanon where these two soldiers are being held as "prisoners." After all, "prisoners" are held in prisons aren't they?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
See the only problem with a mideast war this time is America will be directly involved. IMO, if our country gets involved in this kind of war, our enemy is going to suffer hard. The enemy in this case will unfortunately be several Islamic societies.

I fear a global civil uprising in such an instance by members of the cultures which are being attacked, considering the whole region is the homeland of this culture. There may be national backlash by the western nations on these people for their civil unrest as a result of what they percieve as a war against their culture.

However considering the circumstances, it is indeed a war against the Islamic culture for the sake of globalist expansion and financial power.

Or maybe I am wrong and Russia and China will just get fed up with Western expansionist agendas and begin freely supplying the enemy with ALL the technology, weapons and means to defend themselves from this attack, and simpyl say "What are yall going to do about it?" Don't get me wrong I love America and believe NATO is a powerful thing to be reckoned with. Europe however is getting tired of war and will no longer support the violent ways of expanding ideologies and economic systems. And America as powerful as it is, not powerful enough to take on the whole world without the rest of NATO.

Therefore if this war escalates into a war against Islam, America and Israel will have to go it alone, with Europe probably providing intelligence but no direct miltiary force. Syria, Iran and Lebanon will pretty much be given/sold whatever they need by Russia and China to take down as much of the powerful air-force as they can. This loss will leave them unable to do anything about the sale of the weapons in the first place, and eventually America will be forced out of the region to permanently rebase at Israel.

That is just what I believe will happen if America decides to join this silly fiasco that Israel is playing into. Most likely Israel will just stay in their current position endlessly fighting these militants, gradually reducing the land they have access to until they have occupied even more land with the "safety and peace of Israel" as justification. Of course everyone will accept it.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
this is allready a war against islam under the big slogans like democraties in th middle-east...
the US governement is not that stupid to declare it in frant of all the world and specially the europeans, the russians an the chinese as a war of religions.

more than that, i don't think that countries like china and russia can give the islamic countries all the tecknologies they have because;
- this war isn't an overall middle east war, the US goverment is attacking (directly or indirectly) one country after another. they implanted the army in saudi arabia and make this country pay the price of the 1st iraqi war so that the saoudians are debted to the USA till the year 2050!!!!! (when the estimation says that we should have been found a new energy source). then they got iraqwith military forces, now it seems they want IRAN. but there is some countries before iran i beleive; soon the syrian assad's regim will go down and the hezbollah will be disarmed after these recent fights.

-and because they are affraid of the response of the US ; in russia for example the US will be backing the chechen and in china it could be an economic surround....etc

to make a conclusion; i am against the radical islam seen in the middle-east, i am against all the radicals thought all over the world but i think that the US and israel are exagerating...

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Please direct me to the detention center, prisoner of war camp, or other official designated area for prisoners in Lebanon where these two soldiers are being held as "prisoners." After all, "prisoners" are held in prisons aren't they?

Your Semantics Sir. When a soldier is seized in a military action, he is a prisoner of war, isn't that right? He was not taken from his home in the middle of the night or captured on the airport going to hollidays. Apparently only Israel and United States are able to take prisoners of war - every other nation, when they do the same, is conduction acts of Terrorism, Kidnappings.

Double Standard Monkeys, not just to Confuse the General Public anymore...

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I heard Hezbollah soldiers took out a Merkava Tank and its entire crew with a IED during the aftermath of this attack. The tank tried to pursue the attakers as they made their getaway but ran right into what must have been one heck of a IED to take out a top of the line MBT and kill the crew.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Originally posted by Souljah

www.thefreedictionary.com...

2. A place or condition of confinement or forcible restraint.

In fact, any room can be a prison. It's where the Tort False Imprisonment comes from. When you put someone in anything, be it a room, hole, etc, and force them to remain in it. That place becomes a prison.

So, as to where these are? Well, look at any City, look out across from you, the room next door, your work place. They all could be prisons.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I heard Hezbollah soldiers took out a Merkava Tank and its entire crew with a IED during the aftermath of this attack. The tank tried to pursue the attakers as they made their getaway but ran right into what must have been one heck of a IED to take out a top of the line MBT and kill the crew.

It was more than likely a top of the line anti-tank mine. Hezbollah are much better kitted out than you seem to think.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have heard an interesting theory lately. The theory I have heard from a close relative is that America is using their Middle Eastern tentacle (Israel) to draw out Iran for a reason to war. Of course you would have to believe that Israel is under the complete control, and an outpost of American elitists. Either way I think the puppet masters have found the way to get their war.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Thursday an Israeli strike on Syria would be considered an attack on the whole Islamic world that would bring a "fierce response", state television reported.

"If the Zionist regime commits another stupid move and attacks Syria, this will be considered like attacking the whole Islamic world and this regime will receive a very fierce response," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying in a telephone conversation with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join