It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah TV Claims 2 Israeli Soldiers Captured

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
This is breaking news and only shows on the BBC ticker, but Hezbollah TV has claimed they have captured 2 Israeli Soldiers.

This is on the back of an artillery exchange this morning in Nortern Israel between Hezbollah and the IDF.

The Lebanese Shia militant group Hezbollah says it has captured two Israeli soldiers during clashes across the Lebanese-Israeli border.
The announcement was made on the group's television channel, al-Manar.

Rockets and mortar rounds were fired from Lebanon towards the Israeli town of Shlomi and at Israeli outposts in the disputed Shebaa farms area.

The shelling was accompanied by automatic gunfire and at least four people were wounded, reports say.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 12/7/06 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Hezbollah's attacks resulted in 7 israeli casualities , that 3 of them have dangerous injuries .

The israeli army is now targeting cities and bombarding bridges in South Lebanon .
They destroyed the bridge that relates Nabatiyyeh with other cities , as an attempt of separating them from eachothers .

Hezbollah says that they seized the soldiers to liberate the lebanese prisoners in Israel .

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
This is the latest on the BBC:

Israel said its aircraft hit Hezbollah positions in southern Lebanon after the rockets were fired and bombed a bridge.

The Israeli military has not confirmed the report regarding the capture of its soldiers, but has acknowledged that it has serious concerns about two of them.

"There is a strong possibility that two soldiers were abducted by Hezbollah," an army spokesman is quoted as saying by the AFP news agency.

The cross-border shelling earlier on Wednesday was accompanied by automatic gunfire and at least four people were wounded, reports say.

Israeli tanks were also firing artillery rounds at southern Lebanon.

I don't think taking 2 IDF troops prisoner is going to get Labenese prisoners out of jail. It didn't work in Gaza and has in fact made things a whole lot worse. This has the potential for an Israeli incursion of Lebanon, which may or may not include Syria...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
More has come out now.

Israeli PM has vowed that Hezbollah "will pay heavily for these acts" whilst the Guerillas themselves have said they intend to use the two captured IDF soldiers in an prisoner exchange

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Bloody Hell, are hezbollah and hamas trying to start WW3 with irsael, as if this is true, then i see gaza and lebaon end up occupied terrioty by the IDF by the end of the month.

If syria has a hand in any of this (which i think is more than likely) then the US will put plan b into action and hold of on invading iran and go after syria, or just let irsael bomb the snot of a damacus.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   
wounder if they will launch any SAMS at israeli war planes if they decide to intrude into lebaonan airspace or sit back and let them launch their air strikes.

also snakebite

your text color cannot be designed to hide your username.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The israelian casualities are 7 dead , 21 injured .
The israelian site where the soldiers were held in captivity is destroyed completely , and all its members are between dead , injured , or captives .
One Mircava was destroyed and its crew was hit on Palestinian borders .
Hezbollah is resisting israeli intrusions in the Lebanese borders .
One more israeli wounded in a new attack for Hezbollah .

This has the potential for an Israeli incursion of Lebanon, which may or may not include Syria...

I think the situation will be escalated , this is the latest news :

"Israel's minister of defence is holding the lebanese governement the reponsibilty of Hezbollah's Attack ."

As for the lebanese prisoners , Syed Hasan have said numerous times that he will capture 2 israeli soldiers , to free the lebanese prisoners .
News says that Israelian are divided between the two options in exchanging the prisoners or to escalate the situation . A member of israeli keniset have demanded to stop the fire and exchange the prisoners .
Obviously Lebanon isn't Gaza , and an Israelian adventure in Lebanon won't be for its interests .
So for the best of all , they should exchange the prisoners .

[edit on 12-7-2006 by AnarShia]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Israel has now entered Lebanon:

Israeli ground troops have entered southern Lebanon to search for the two soldiers, Israeli officials said.

Source

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Israel has now entered Lebanon

So it's official now. 12/7 official start day of WWIII.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnarShia
The israelian casualities are 7 dead , 21 injured .
The israelian site where the soldiers were held in captivity is destroyed completely , and all its members are between dead , injured , or captives .
One Mircava was destroyed and its crew was hit on Palestinian borders .
Hezbollah is resisting israeli intrusions in the Lebanese borders .
One more israeli wounded in a new attack for Hezbollah .

This has the potential for an Israeli incursion of Lebanon, which may or may not include Syria...

I think the situation will be escalated , this is the latest news :

"Israel's minister of defence is holding the lebanese governement the reponsibilty of Hezbollah's Attack ."

As for the lebanese prisoners , Syed Hasan have said numerous times that he will capture 2 israeli soldiers , to free the lebanese prisoners .
News says that Israelian are divided between the two options in exchanging the prisoners or to escalate the situation . A member of israeli keniset have demanded to stop the fire and exchange the prisoners .
Obviously Lebanon isn't Gaza , and an Israelian adventure in Lebanon won't be for its interests .
So for the best of all , they should exchange the prisoners .

AL Manar sources are so good now,just like right after 9/11...
And in your place I'll get out and say to your dancing brothers and sisters on the streets of Beirut to go back inside...Because Israel maybe will listen to me for once and use napalm to clear the face of the Earth from ...holes like you...
Have a nice day

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Oh and something else...wait for the UNSC to take actions on this one...
just like in Gaza 2 weeks ago there was nothing to be heard from the International Community when the israeli soldier was obducted and the Hamas attacked through an international border...but when the israeli army entared the Gaza Strip the sky was falling...
This is like :
The king is dead...long live the king!!!

[edit on 12-7-2006 by ZMax]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZMax

And in your place I'll get out and say to your dancing brothers and sisters on the streets of Beirut to go back inside...Because Israel maybe will listen to me for once and use napalm to clear the face of the Earth from ...holes like you...
Have a nice day

That was uncalled for and downright rude. Not to mention racist, seeing as you want to napalm any non-Jew in the ME... Thanks for your input.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Read this bit.

If the soldiers are not returned we will turn Lebanon's clock back 20 years," Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff Dan Halutz to Israeli Channel 10.

from here.
edition.cnn.com...

What do you people think now Israel is moving into Lebanon, again.

What will Syria do?, help them even more covertly, as they probaly already are.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by the Terroist ZMax

And in your place I'll get out and say to your dancing brothers and sisters on the streets of Beirut to go back inside... Because Israel maybe will listen to me for once and use napalm to clear the face of the Earth from ...holes like you...
Have a nice day

Proud in attacking unarmed civilians with Napalm ?

Just quoted as a witness of israeli terrorist mentality , and their dirty tongue .

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Have a nice day

That was uncalled for and downright rude. Not to mention racist, seeing as you want to napalm any non-Jew in the ME... Thanks for your input.

You are most welcome...
And yes the good arabs only want to kill those israelis who are jews...how educated from them...
Than again I just heard on the czech TV that Israel is mobilizing a whole brigade of reservist...So I guess they are going to do it the old way...
I guess that's what the peaceful citizens of Lebanon wanted...now they will have it...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   

You are most welcome...
And yes the good arabs only want to kill those israelis who are jews...how educated from them...
Than again I just heard on the czech TV that Israel is mobilizing a whole brigade of reservist...So I guess they are going to do it the old way...
I guess that's what the peaceful citizens of Lebanon wanted...now they will have it...

I'm not defending anyone. I sit on the fence with this as both sides are as bad as the other. Israel is guilty of collective punishment and other war crimes, the Muslims of terrorist acts etc etc.

But...

It's not all of the people on both sides. It's small groups of extremists on both sides that make life hard for the rest of the people, who are innocent. Most people donw that way want to just live a peaceful, normal life, but the actions of the few prevent this.

Israel threatening to invade Lebanon is not helpful, in my opinion. It will only make matters worse and they fail to see that, or they just don't care.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnarShia

Originally posted by the Terroist ZMax

And in your place I'll get out and say to your dancing brothers and sisters on the streets of Beirut to go back inside... Because Israel maybe will listen to me for once and use napalm to clear the face of the Earth from ...holes like you...
Have a nice day

Proud in attacking unarmed civilians with Napalm ?

Just quoted as a witness of israeli terrorist mentality , and their dirty tongue .

Funny that you called me a Terrorist,don't you think...?
Maybe you will like to enlight me how do you call the people that attacked Israel this morning and abducted two soldiers - Hizballah I mean...?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You are most welcome...

I'm not defending anyone. I sit on the fence with this as both sides are as bad as the other. Israel is guilty of collective punishment and other war crimes, the Muslims of terrorist acts etc etc.

But...

It's not all of the people on both sides. It's small groups of extremists on both sides that make life hard for the rest of the people, who are innocent. Most people donw that way want to just live a peaceful, normal life, but the actions of the few prevent this.

Israel threatening to invade Lebanon is not helpful, in my opinion. It will only make matters worse and they fail to see that, or they just don't care.

Are you an impotent?
What collective punishment was Israel doing in Lebanon before this morning?
Israel left South Lebaon 6 years ago..."Finito la comedia - arividerchi Roma"?
Yes they are israeli terrorists,but the israeli society puts them in jail...The arab ones celebrate them on the streets just like now...It is an society vs. society...And every society has the responsability for the deads of all its people...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I just saw the extra news in TV.. Olmert has called the caputre an act of war from Libanese side, and have mobilized 6000 reservists to support and upcoming offensive..

This is getting out of control

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Other source.

www.sky.com...

Israel is calling up its reserve troops, a signal that a large-scale military campaign could begin.

The face of violence is never pretty.

So it begins, but what exactly?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join