It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Settings Changes - Confirmation Screen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I just noticed. There is no confirmation screen that comes up, upon editing account settings.

It was that way before, and it was good to know if your avatar uploaded properly, etc.

So I have a question. Will it come back??

Mechanic 32.

[edit on 7/12/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It didn't work for me either, I tried changing my sig a little while ago but it wouldn't let me.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Actually, I like the new way. I use tabbed browsing and can quickly check the changes by opening a thread with a post of mine in it (there are a few
), making the changes and refreshing the displayed page.

It's actually much faster for me than the old way -- especially since I'm on ISDN (dial-up pretending to be fast).

So I hope it doesn't change back.

Edit: DezertSkies, I changed my sig as a test, and it changed fine. Are you sure you can't change your sig? Maybe a browser thing?

[edit on 7/12/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I was'nt reffering specifically to the changes. I like the idea of everything being accessible from the MemCenter.

I was more reffering to just the confirmation screen that used to come up, upon making successful changes there.

Hope this clarifies it a little better.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Confirmation Number

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
I was more reffering to just the confirmation screen that used to come up, upon making successful changes there.

I know. I'm saying that I prefer not having a confirmation screen, and instead prefer to use a "live" post to check things in a separate window.

That way I can move quickly back and forth between them and tweak changes.

But that is a highly personal thing, of course. The confirmation screen slows me down, and I change my profile a lot.

Maybe as a compromise, what SO could do is put in a preview or confirmation button for those who want to use it.

Or something.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
No big deal either way, really.

Except for members that are having trouble editing their profile.

Everything otherwise works okay for me.

And as a bonus, I just noticed that Member Upload now works from BTS!! YaY!!

[edit on 7/12/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
No, I'm still having the same problem, it just resets the current values on the settings screen. I'm running firefox and never have any problems with submitting other forms.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I got it to work now, thanks for whatever you did guys!

new topics

top topics

join