It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Canada!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I hate beer. It's gross. I never knew why Canada came along as known for our "Beer" when all beer tastes the same (Like Pee). That aside...

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Not that it has anything to do with this Thread or Forum, but they all have different tastes.

Canadian beer vs. American beer vs. Imported Beer

You would never mistaken a Canadian beer for the others.

But again, thats quite off topic.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
how about putting the avro areo on the banner. a strong case for canadian pollitical conspiracy if there ever was one. just imagine what it would have been like if ats had been arround for that one. CHEERS EH

I'm not really familiar with the program, but I do have some knowledge surrounding it.

For instance in the made for TV movie, Dan Akroyd starred in it.

Thats a start right?

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
*blushes*

Here I am lying on the couch feeling sorry for myself because I have a cold and here chissler is saying all these nice things about our our forum and myself. Thank you.

To sort of generally respond (cough syrup is not good for mental clarity), it's the members that post here that make us great.
It's not that I run a tight ship, I just have the pleasure of being the FSME for the most polite forum on PTS.

Now, on to a couple of the links you posted. Yes, Why CANADA sucks? isn't on my top ten list for best thread title, but it did attract quite a bit of attention from the Canadian members of the forum. It is one of only four thread in this forum that have reached page three and in the top ten most viewed threads in the forum. While I disagreed with the original poster and had several questions about his claims, I have to admit his thread gave us all something to post about and there were several posters there that I had not seen in previous topics.

This thread, Eastern Candadians are ingrates!, makes me laugh. It starts out with a rant about Eastern Canadians which we all find offensive, because Easterners are super-friendly. Canadians rush in from all corners to defend them. After some prodding, the OP reveals that it stemmed from an incident in Quebec. Immediately afterwards, we're all 'Why didn't you say it was Quebec?' and 'Oh, okay, but they aren't Easterners'. That doesn't mean we don't love Quebec (please don't leave us), just that we are used to some of them not liking people that only speak English and that they have different issues with the US than the rest of the Canada.

Sometime it bothers me to read negative posts about my country, but then I just count my blessings that I am not from the US or I'd be reading a lot more of them.

Anyways, thank you chissler for being an active member of the forum. I appreciate your support.

Ideas anyone?

If there is anything you think should be different about the forum or something I should be doing, please say something. I'm OK with constructive criticism, just please try to remember the constructive part. I would appreciate it.

Unconstructive criticism: Duzey, you suck as an FSME.

Constructive criticism: Duzey, you might not suck quite so much as an FSME if you did/didn't ______.

The Avro Arrow

I have very basic knowledge about this, but it is a topic I have never really looked into. If anyone were to make a thread about this, as it is most certainly related to Canadian politics and is regarded by many as a conspiracy, I would certainly be interested in learning more about it.

I see absolutely no reason we can't discuss past events as well as current events. The Aircraft forum has no shortage of topics and posters, I can't see them begrudging us a thread on the Avro and the reasons for it's cancellation.

Beer

I am prone to wandering off topic myself at times. If I had to drink mass-produced beer, I would choose Canadian beer. However, it should be noted that the US is getting better at beer and have some really good microbreweries.

[edit on 25-9-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Best Canadian Beer?

PILSNER

(and I'm not even from Sask!)

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

Farking hell I love the Rick Mercer one, it makes me laugh out loud !

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
thanks for starting this one, I just started another one for our uuugh upcoming election, thought I would get people's opinions, thoughts, etc.

i just hope it stays civil !

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
*blushes*

Beer

I am prone to wandering off topic myself at times. If I had to drink mass-produced beer, I would choose Canadian beer. However, it should be noted that the US is getting better at beer and have some really good microbreweries.

As Monty Python once said : " American beer is like making love in a boat ... it's fu***ng close to water"

lol:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Am I the only one who can't find this canadian forum? I can see all the thread about Canada in the regional politics forum, but the link posted earlier don't work.

It's a good thing to have our own forum for Canadian politics.

Edit: spelling mistakes, Altough I am a anglo from Quebec, I don't write in english often. In Quebec city, the onlyones who use english are the tourists.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by grandnic]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by grandnic

The Canadian politics forum no longer exists. There used to be a separate site for political topics, but they have since been combined with ATS.

Feel free to post any Canada stuff in Regional politics and don't worry about spelling mistakes. I'm sure your english is much better than my french.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

I don't think it is entirely fair to say Canada is not a "major player" on the world stage in todays date. If you are purely speaking of military power though, then yes, you would be correct(however don't forget Canada has been fighting the war on 'terrorism' along side the U.S. since it began, she always did what she was told!).

Canada is said to have held the most sound economy to date throughout our current global recession. It's banking systems are the envy of it's G8/20 nations; even taking advantage of this, and selling it's economic and banking knowledge. Just look at not only the rise of it's dollar in comparison to the USD(also Pound/Euro/Yen) over the last few years, but the strength for which it's gained in its financial markets.

This subject though, baffles me a little(as I am Canadian). I am in my late 20's and when I was in elementary/high school I was taught how closely tied into one another the Canadian and US economies were. That no other two countries worldwide shared such intricately woven trade and structure together as these two did.

I only graduated high school in 2001... How is it in just this short period of time, two countries that were so dependent upon another in many sectors could be in very different places today. Not forgetting that the US had the best economy in the world, and Canada was often referred to as it's defenseless little handicapped sister it was forced to look after.

How did Canada break away and structure itself as a leading global economy, and how did it somehow switch places, and now have the US dependent upon it in so many of it's internal economies(aside from military, the US will always get that one). I just find this all very interesting how 'little' peaceful Canada has quietly taken this position after simply being written off as a joke for so many years from its southern neighbor. However, the sad truth is most Americans don't even know how crucial Canada is to their actual survival. If Canada were to cut off power, water, natural gas, and oil tomorrow it would literally shut down half the country.

I have to say though, I am quite proud of her. Just look at what the USA's little retarded sister managed to do. and I guess, with reason being, not wanting to rub it in her big brothers face, she continues to humor him by spinning in circles while wearing her shiny red/white helmet saying 'hafe you seen my bassseballl?'

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Originally posted by Sauron
and is it your job to keep it stocked with Canadian

Oh oh, Canadian? What about Labatts' Blue? This sounds like it will turn into the most important debate of this entire forum -- Blue or Canadian?

My own choice, between the two, has got to be the finest beer in Canada -- Labatts' Blue.

plus one for this!

why!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I really like this idea

As for the beer.....im a micro brewery fan myself (sleeman, shaftsbury, granville island etc)....less preservatives and better taste

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Beer: Mill St. FTW!

I love their organic beer...

Creemore Springs is pretty good too! I'm a pilsner/lager type of gal....

and when I'm D.D I like to have Cracked Canoe (made by Moosehead)
people say it's like water... but if I'm gonna be driving that's what I prefer to socialize with...
(I never drink and drive!)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hi canadian people. I thought you might like this thread I started on a series from the CBC:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DoNotBelieveThem

So you have had a "moosehead",,,, lol see only true canadians get that,,,,gotta luv ole blue,,,,
capebretoner here.

i just looked up,, wow us canadians sure is fast.
and yes too Labatts Blue,, i thought it might be advertising and not allowed.

lol

edit on 30-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

hi, i'm a dual citizen.

you might consider one based on canadian related humor.

Americans and South Americans know so little about Canada, they'll believe anything.

South Americans say that Canadians are imitation Americans.
they look like gringos, their houses, cars, cities are the same.
they talk the same, but they say they are not Americans.
so they must be imitation Americans.

i have a good time when someone say they are going on vacation to Canada.

i tell them to bring plenty of sweaters so they don't freeze when they have to use the out house.

or when the company sent a co workers wife to Toronto.

i had him terrified at how much money she was going to spend.
i kept talking about the fantastic shoping you could do in Canada and how expensive it was.

you can say anything you want about Canada to Homer Simpson, and you'll be beleived.
lots of room for humor.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Not that it has anything to do with this Thread or Forum, but they all have different tastes.

Canadian beer vs. American beer vs. Imported Beer

You would never mistaken a Canadian beer for the others.

But again, thats quite off topic.

I've lived extensively in both the US and Canada, and it seems to be a universal belief among Canadians that there is some sort of significant difference between American and Canadian beer (other than the fact that Canadian beer is about twice as expensive as it's american counterpart, or that, at least in BC, you have to go to a god damned government store to buy BEER which clearly belongs in the damned grocery store). I have always found this curious. Do Canadians think all Americans drink Budweiser? The choices and variety available in the states is much, much ore diverse than the Average Canadian appears to be aware of. I actually know a few Canadians who drink Coors, but I don't know a single American who does.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: incrediblelousminds

I've lived extensively in both the US and Canada, and it seems to be a universal belief among Canadians that there is some sort of significant difference between American and Canadian beer (other than the fact that Canadian beer is about twice as expensive as it's american counterpart, or that, at least in BC, you have to go to a god damned government store to buy BEER which clearly belongs in the damned grocery store). I have always found this curious. Do Canadians think all Americans drink Budweiser? The choices and variety available in the states is much, much ore diverse than the Average Canadian appears to be aware of. I actually know a few Canadians who drink Coors, but I don't know a single American who does.

Since Coors is actually Molson Coors, a merger of one Canadian and one American beer company, it makes total sense that many Canadians drink Coors products (myself being one of them). Furthermore, you knowing not one person who drinks a Coors product is in itself amazing since Coors Light is the second highest selling beer in the USA, behind only Budweiser Light (which you also wondered why Canadians assume Americans drink lots of?)

The differences between Canadian and American beers are minimal I agree, to the point that they are insignificant if they even exist at all. But, one of the always cited differences between the two has been claims by Canadians that American beer has on average a lower alcohol content. Looking at most labels tells us that, and some American beer companies have even been caught fabricating the alcohol content of their beers.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join