It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super size my 4th meal. Fast food and Conspiracies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Are you sure it's not XXL and above? That isn't that common for stores to charge extra for those sizes, after all, they do take more material to make. Charging the same price just wouldn't be good business sense.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I've given this thread some space to see if my feeling would change. they really haven't changed at all in fact they have grown stronger. fast food restaurant advertising has gotten completely out of control. I just cant fathom how some people over look this. it makes no sense to me what so ever. Sure we have the right to choose but the advertising beats it into our heads especially the children. This new generation will grow up thinking a fourth meal is not only the norm but a good thing, and this is the wrong way (reference to blimpies sub commercial against subway) and that other is right.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Since obesity is a problem that is in our faces DAILY. I feel no one is to blame for being obese than the person who let themselves get that way.

I have struggled with weight all my life, yet, I have never stopped and thought "well [snip], if mcdonald's didn't offer such tasty food at such a tasty price I wouldn't have this problem."

This is as bad as smokers blaming the cigarette manufacturer for their lung cancer. (yep, I'm a smoker too)

This whole ordeal of blaming fast food restaurants for our obesity is just another cop out in my eyes. The American way, as of late, seems to be to find someone else to lay our shortcomings on.

Fast food was around long before this obesity epidemic and it is NOT to blame.

If anything, other than ourselves, is to blame for the growing obesity it is those wonderful machines that were built to make our lives so much easier.

If you shut all the fast food restaurants down tomorrow, but left all of the video games, computers, televisions, machines that do our jobs for us and all the other things that allow us to remain happily on our asses, I'm willing to be we'd still be just as fat as we are now.

Don't blame mcdonald's, blame your xbox 2 and Survivor. (or whatever program you choose to watch) But mostly, blame yourself.

Jasn

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackJuice
i have refused to eat processed sugar for two years now, why? because there is no need for it with products like splenda on the market i can fix any sweet tooth i get (which isn't very often) without bulking up on the calories.

Actually Splenda (and all of the other artificial sweeteners) are dangerous chemicals that really should not be on the market at all. It's much better to use a natural sweetener like Stevia. You can find several natural sweetners at health food stores.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

This is one of the frustrating things. Everybody is saying dont blame the fast food industry.

Is it video game industry who are telling you and your kids to eat a fourth meal. No its not, who is it, say it with me Teco Bell a member of the fast food industry. Oh we woudnt want to blame our beloved fast food now would we. oh no we cant do that.

there as bad as drug pushers. Pushing products on us that are not good for us and telling us to eat more of it. People just don't relies that advertising is a form of brain washing. one technique of brain washing is to repeat something over and over again. then in the persons mind it becomes reality.
I'm sure the video game and Hollywood for that matter are just as guilty, there just not as blatant about it.

In this modern world its profit at all cost. I cant think of a single major corporation who isn't that way. I'm not against profit. I'm against profit at all cost. It's wrong and it needs to stop. It's not just A American problem its a world problem. Look at blood diamonds. De beers knew ware those diamonds came from yet they chose for many years to look the other way. until they were called on it. Then they were forced to do something about it. Why you ask? Good I'm glad you ask. they were forced to do something about it because it cut into there profit.

As long as people look the other way or justify what these corpirations like taco Bell are doing they will keep doing it. They will keep brainwashing our children.

You cant justify it you cant keep looking in the other direction and saying don't blame them. you have to demand they change before they will change. Profit at all cost must end the future of the human race depends on us making all corporations do what we want. Its our money we need to spend it wisely, and not spend it on company's that purposely destroy our health for the sake of profit. Not spending our money isnt enough thow we have to shout it loud and clear why we are choosing to take our many else ware.

if we did that to the oil industry fuel prices wouldn't be so high. So are you going to justify what there doing to and tell me not to blame them. Record profits three years straight. yet they claim they are not making money. When the big light goes off don't ignore it, stand up and do something.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It is a conspiracy. It's much bigger than the fast food industry though.

All the fast food industry is is a niche market for population control. An easy way for corporations to profit, while sickening and reducing the population.

The killing happens slowly. Obesity and heart disease. There are also additives in the food that promote birth defects and sterility, as well as other diseases that can be "cured" by Bigpharm, for a price... They serve salty food and sugary drinks to promote diabetes and high blood pressure as well as heart problems that are worsened by the obesity that results from the fatty food. All one has to do is look at the statistics for diabetes, heart disease, obesity. All of these have increased dramatically since the fast food industry took hold. The evidence is out there and easily found.

Not just in American but other countries as well. The obesity rates for countries like Japan have grown greatly with the introduction of fast food.

People are given a choice in society. The choice for convenient and cheap food. Statistically, people will chose convenience and low price over inconvenience and high price. That is all the NWO need to know to implement this simple population/heath reduction measure. The people have a choice, but the masses, no, they do not have a choice. They are fooled by convenience, taste, and advertising. It is okay, because the masses, they are the ignorant fools that are being targeted. Even their children are lulled into the habit by having "Happy Meals" and kids’ toys, along with colorful characters like Ronald and Wendy.

Clinton was in on it. Remember how the media portrayed him as eating at McDonalds *all the time* ?

Studies have shown that kids like food wrapped in McDonalds wrappers better than the same food that is not. Studies like these are done by NWO subsidiaries in order to get back scientific data on the effects of particular branding. You may also notice that advertising has become a science and there are continuous studies on the results of advertising.

These studies are not only to find out what effect advertising and branding have on people, but to improve it, to make it more powerful. They are using our own minds against us. They catch our attention with flashy messages, close ups, celebrities, music - in effect stealing our minds and forcing our concentration on what they are showing - based on the scientific studies of the effects of advertising. It becomes a form of mind control, and it works, and has been scientifically persued and studied so that it does work.

"They are trying to steal our minds." - Buddhist monk upon arriving in Times Square and seeing all the billboards

Into a soul absolutely free
From thoughts and emotion,
Even the tiger finds no room
To insert its fierce claws.

One and the same breeze passes
Over the pines on the mountain
And the oak trees in the valley;
And why do they give different notes?

No thinking, no reflecting,
Perfect emptiness;
Yet therein something moves
Following its own course.

The eye sees it,
But no hands can take hold of it -
The moon in the stream.

Clouds and mists,
They are midair transformations;
Above them eternally shine the sun and the moon.

Victory is for the one,
Even before the combat,
Who has no thought of himself,
Abiding in the no-mind-ness of Great Origin.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by benign.psychosis

This is absolutely correct. Another thing that is done with "convenience" food is the artificial flavors added to it contain what's called "excitotoxins" which overexcite the nerve endings and kill them, causing brain damage. And once your taste buds are accustomed to the flavors, normal healthy food tastes bland.

When I switched from processed food to organic food, it took me a few weeks to get my taste buds readjusted to organic salad dressing. Now the normal organic foods taste great, and whenever I taste processed food, it's like sucking on a lemon. It's not pleasant at all.

Also let me mention that when I discovered that the chemicals in the food are the cause of depression (and most all other illnesses), I was able to get off of antidepressant medication and cure my depression simply by eating organic food and not processed food.

It's the biggest scam ever perpetrated on the American people. They are slowly killing us with chemicals and draining our bank accounts in the process because people will spend all the money they have on medical treatments and prescription drugs. The truth is that if you eat organic food and use organic products, you will not get sick. But most people don't have a clue and they just eat the crap that they see on TV everyday, then take all of their medications, and wonder why they have high blood pressure, heart disease, obesity, depression, alzheimers, etc.

There is a book called "The Hundred Year Lie" which describes the correlation between today's diseases and the increase in chemicals that they started adding to our food and products over a hundred years ago. Here's a link to the website. The site alone has five pages of information from the book.
www.hundredyearlie.com...

Here's another website that lists thousands of personal care products and rates their safety. You'll be shocked at how dangerous most products are.
www.cosmeticsdatabase.com...

Another website that contains hundreds of articles that show the corruption of the FDA, medical, food and pharmaceutical industries and how they work together to keep us sick in order to get rich and reduce the population.
www.newstarget.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The DIRTY SECRET that not just the fast food industry, but the WHOLE FOOD INDUSTRY in whole does NOT want you to know is that MSG triggers obesity (and slowly cancer for certain) and the average American eats about 5 lb/year of MSG.

There is a excellent video on the dirty secrets of MSG by Dr Russell Blaylock a board certified neurosurgeon

video.google.ca...

Google Video Quality sucks, so maybe just listen to it...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
So the "fourth meal" is causing obesity? You can have twelve meals a day if you want, however you have to proportion them properly. You can't take in hundreds of calories and not burn them. You will get fat. Americans are so concerned about convenience. Lets go to McDonalds. I'm going to get a Big Mac(540 calories, 29 grams fat), a medium fry(380 calories, 20 grams fat) and a medium coca cola(210 calories). In that one meal, that I never got out of my car for and I ate in my car, I consumed 1,130 calories and 49 grams of fat. That is more than half of the calories I need for the entire day. That number of calories combined with a sedentary life style causes obesity.

Lets say I go to fast food three times a day. That would easily bring me to more than 3000 calories a day. Plus, I'll probably have a few sodas throughout the day and a candy bar in the afternoon and dessert after supper. That is why people are becoming obese. Because they're not thinking about what they are putting into their bodies. Fast food doesn't provide lasting sustenance. A few hours after eating, guess what, you're hungry again. Fast food provides a good service, when I'm traveling or in a rush and just need to grab a sandwich. It should not be the main source of food.

If there is any conspiracy here, its not in the fast food industry. The fault lies with our government and with lazy parents for not providing better education to youth about the choices you make in what you eat. The reason this was never a problem before was because that McDonalds was a special treat to go to, not a daily affair. When I was young, getting McDonalds was the highlight of my month. That's about all I got it, once a month, when my mom was feeling sick or she was too busy to prepare a dinner. Most people normally ate at home, wholesome balanced meals of whole foods. We no longer live in a 9-5 world, everything is 24 hours a day and this makes having decent meals more of a problem. We do rush too much, trying to fit more into the day. However putting health on the back burner is not a wise decision.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
This whole ordeal of blaming fast food restaurants for our obesity is just another cop out in my eyes. The American way, as of late, seems to be to find someone else to lay our shortcomings on.

Fast food was around long before this obesity epidemic and it is NOT to blame.

I have to disagree with you on this. There are chemicals being put in the food to make people addicted to it. And I think more chemicals are being added or increased on a regular basis to get and keep people addicted to the food that is so unhealthy for them. People don't know this is happening so in my opinion, it's really not completely their fault. Yes, there are the warnings that fast food is unhealthy and you shouldn't be eating it, but an addiction is an addiction and if people don't realize they are addicted to the food, they can't really do much to change it. Besides that, the food is so cheap and some people cannot afford to eat healthy. They just don't make enough money to eat healthy food.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey

I have to disagree with you on this. There are chemicals being put in the food to make people addicted to it. And I think more chemicals are being added or increased on a regular basis to get and keep people addicted to the food that is so unhealthy for them. People don't know this is happening so in my opinion, it's really not completely their fault. Yes, there are the warnings that fast food is unhealthy and you shouldn't be eating it, but an addiction is an addiction and if people don't realize they are addicted to the food, they can't really do much to change it. Besides that, the food is so cheap and some people cannot afford to eat healthy. They just don't make enough money to eat healthy food.

Anyone can afford to eat healthy. It's about taking the time to prepare healthier food. So many people take the easy way out and want quick and easy. A head of lettuce is like $1.00. Same as a McChicken. You get several salads out of that head of lettuce. But you can't just drive through somewhere and get a head of lettuce. It's about smart shopping. Cans of vegetables are less than $.50 each. Meat is the biggest expense, but you don't really need that much meat. Our portion size has grown out of control. In fact, most people find that if they quit eating fast food every day they have more money. Three meals a day of fast food is going to cost you $15-20. I can eat at home for about $5-7 a day.

Convenience foods are just as bad as fast food. All the tv dinners and microwaveable food is crap. It's food, it supplies calories, but thats about it. Why does everyone eat them? Because all I have to do is open my freezer and pop it in the microwave. They are loaded with preservatives and artificial flavorings that aren't good for us. This doesn't make them addictive.

Its not a conspiracy. It's corporations giving the american people what they ask for. We ask for convenience. They give us convenience. We never specified that it had to be good for us. Every person is responsible for their own actions. Fast food is not an addiction. It's called laziness or sloth and it's a choice.

I hear people all the time saying "I can't lose weight. I don't know what I'm doing wrong." Then I see them drinking 6 diet soda's a day, not exercising, and following whatever diet fad is popular. That doesn't work people. Proper diet and exercise is the only way to good health. There's no magic pill or magic diet or shot that is going to just melt the fat away.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
this conspiracy is real.

america pays the most for sugar, and our foods have the most sugar in them.

without coincidence, the sugar lobbyists are among the most powerful in washington. They live lavishly in Florida, and run old fashioned sugar plantations (in every meaning of the word) in third world countries still.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by angryamerican

I don't understand or buy into any of this. I can't gain weight to save my life, and I love fast food and 'junk food'. How much do all these people eat? How can they afford it?

This isn't a conspiracy, this is personal idiocy.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Is there any correlation between obesity and lower-middle class citizens?

The reason i ask is because fast food is so cheap and convenient, it's sometimes the easiest thing for someone working all day with not a lot of time to spare or someone whose just plain broke.

You don't see a lot of rich people driving through mcdonalds in there limos, not to say a wealthy person wouldn't go for a big mac every once in a while.

I still don't really see a conspiracy though, if you choose to eat to much to the point where it is unhealthy it is nobodies fault but yourself. i love fast food and i probably eat it twice to three times a week but i also stay in shape and dont allow myself to be bigger then i want to be

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
McDonalds answers to the bottom line. When trends and opinions change, they try to change with it.

Years ago when the healthy food campaign started, they came out with the McLean sandwich. Much less fat, far healthier than any other sandwich they offered. They advertised the hell out of it. Heck, they strutted their new burger since they were the first to respond to the new healthy food craze.

Guess what....no one bought it. It was phased out due to lack of sales.

They brought in salads....again...phased out in its initial run.

As the "movement" grew, they brough back the salads, added more chicken items, printed brouchures about food content and calories. They got rid of beef fat for cooking and switched to veg oil.

Now they have food info on tray liners and food wrappers. Offer fruit substitues from fries in the happy meals, offer salads, yougurts, fruit cups, lean chicken all along side the big mac and double quarter pounder.

These companies answer to the bottom line and will change and morph as public opinion and their bottom line dictates.

If you eat 4 big macs a day and dont move....you will get fat.

If you are a parent and take your kids to ANY fast food restaurant and dont take the time to educate them on healthy choices....you will make your kid fat.

If you have some common sense, make informed decisions, and excercise, you can eat at these places and not have to be so concerned about becoming obese.

Its up to you. Its no conspiracy....its advertising. You can choose to succumb to it or make your own decisions.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
reply to post by angryamerican

I don't understand or buy into any of this. I can't gain weight to save my life, and I love fast food and 'junk food'. How much do all these people eat? How can they afford it?

This isn't a conspiracy, this is personal idiocy.

Some people's bodies do not respond the same as others. I never weighed over 97 lbs before I went on antidepressant medication. Then my weight shot to 140 lbs with no change in my eating habits.

Not everyone gets fat but most people do. That doesn't make it idiocy... it really is a conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I meant to post this last night but couldn't find the time.

While I don't necessarily think the big fast food corporations are involved in conspiracy, I do think, however, that they are milking off a preexisting conspiracy.

What I mean is this, us as Americans these days are always in a hurry.. I'm willing to bet more then half of American families DON'T sit down together for dinner as a family at least twice a week. It's much easier and convenient to drive-thru somewhere real quick and sit your kid's down in front of the TV.

I know plenty of families like this.. I used to spend a lot of time at a friends house in my child hood and every night it was pizza, fast food or something quick made in the microwave or oven, which we ate on TV-trays in front of their huge big screen TV.

It's sad, not enough people notice this as reality. Fortunately, I am thankful I was brought up in a family where we ate dinner together every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday except if me or my sister had a sporting event to attend to or something.

Fast food corporations make huge profit because of the life styles of the majority of Americans.

my .o2

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

The menu sounds good! Let me know when and where you're opening!

I think you're right about lifestyle having a huge impact, regardless of what we eat. My paternal grandfather ate the same breakfast for most of his 82 years...sausage or bacon, three eggs, fried potatoes, and biscuits with real butter. His cholesterol intake was probably astronomical, he salted everything, and had a sweet tooth to boot. Ne was never obese (in fact, he was rather thin), had normal blood pressure, and was *very* active right up until the last months of his life (Lung cancer will slow anybody down). It was probably because he did serious manual labor from before sunrise until dark almost every day...he was a farmer, and ran cattle in addition to his crops. Exercise seemed to work really well to offset what most doctors would call a really bad diet.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Once again I have given this space To see if my opinion would change. Once again It has only grown stronger. On the good side I now get a glimmer of what the true conspiracy theorist goes threw. Its so clear to me but few others seem to see it or admit there might be a true conspiracy here.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
You know, they aren't forcing you to go there. And even if you go there, you don't HAVE to go there four times a day, every day.

Why does fast food have to change? Why do we have to make an excuse? Is it really the fast food industry, the evil corporations that pump us full of fats, fault? or is it really us?

Its not like you wake up, and its all you have to eat, and they are there wish a big turkey baster filled with a french fry smoothie. And they just stick it up your nose by force and make you swallow it all down.

If you go there, and you get fat, thats your problem.

i agree eholeheartedly.

BUT

you're not in a society full of conscious, level headed, responsible adults that act like adults.

you're in a society filled ot the brim with babies in adult bodies who are so nutritionally illiterate and malnutritioned, that their body is a virtual constant reaction to any sensory stimuli.. especially visual and olfactory.

if your parents were well informed.. and mama fed you healthily.. you grew up nice and strong.. physically and mentally.

if she was uneducated in that area.. then most likely .. you never learned anything .. and you went more towards the obese and dumbed down end of the spectrum.

i don't expect mcdonalds to be a responsible "parent" to me.

but when all you have is masses of big fat dumb people.. it's a wolfs pickin'...

i don't expect government to be a responsible "parent" to me and tell mcdonalds to get healthy.

i DO expect the people who ARE nutritionally literate to try to spread the word.

i guess this is all survival of the fittest.

no more saber tooth tigers to kill the weak.. less diseases...

does this act as a way to thin out the crop?

maaaaybeee

in a nation full of adult infants.. all regaining their un-consciousness..

they're gonna reach for whatever smells good .. just like the baby to the bottle...
especially if they are nutritionally illiterate.. and don' even know how to ...haha.. plant.. hahahaha a SEED!!! aaahahahah

oh by the way.. a mcdonalds salad with DRESSING has more calories than a bigmac ahahahahahahhaha

"stupid effin' humans payin' money to die!"

-

top topics

<< 1   >>

join