It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super size my 4th meal. Fast food and Conspiracies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
First we had super size. Then we had 4th meal. We have a major epidemic of obesity being pushed by the fast food restaurants in the name of profit. Could they all be working together or is it a game of follow the leader. It makes no sense to me. sure over weight people eat more witch means more money being spent but the patrons die quicker.. So what do you all think Conspiracies to fatten us up to fatten there wallets or just really dumb business executives, with no morals.

I will be talking about this subject in a future podcast of The Angry American Show but before I do I wanted to hash this all out with you guys.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I agree. It's a plan to make us all fat, dumb, and lazy.

It worked.

The patrons die quicker, but the kids are addicted.

BTW, what is the 4th meal? Is that a pop culture reference I've missed?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I think it's so the diet industry can get rich.

What is the 4th meal?

[edit on 12-7-2006 by SonyaChristina]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
i believe the 4th meal is an advertising slogan or campaign from taco bell to get you to stop and eat there late at night.

Oh btw i believe strongly in free market and capitalism but this is one of those issue's where i think the government needs to step in and clean up the fast food industry, from what i hear and the frenchfries we get here in america are way more fattening than the same fries in some european countries due to the type of oil we use. You would be amazed at how much fat you can cut from your food just by changing a few things like how you prepare it. Could make a big difference in America.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by JackJuice]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
You know, they aren't forcing you to go there. And even if you go there, you don't HAVE to go there four times a day, every day.

Why does fast food have to change? Why do we have to make an excuse? Is it really the fast food industry, the evil corporations that pump us full of fats, fault? or is it really us?

Its not like you wake up, and its all you have to eat, and they are there wish a big turkey baster filled with a french fry smoothie. And they just stick it up your nose by force and make you swallow it all down.

If you go there, and you get fat, thats your problem.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Nah, it's only a conspiracy if they somehow manipulate the food the way the tobbacco industry manipulates the nicotine in cigarettes.

I like fast food, but don't do it often. Anything is okay in moderation.

As far as obesity, that depends entirely on the individual, and their metabolism.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

And I'll take some fries with that.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Well i agree with you no one HAS to goto a fast food resturaunt, i haven't been to one in over a year myself i'm just saying that the food shoved in front of the public eye via mass marketing to adult and children doesn't have to be as bad as it is while not losing any flavour, take for instance processed sugar, i have refused to eat processed sugar for two years now, why? because there is no need for it with products like splenda on the market i can fix any sweet tooth i get (which isn't very often) without bulking up on the calories.
while i don't believe any of this is a conspiracy it's all just a way to turn a buck however a little restraint from fast food companies would be a good thing, when you start marketing to children and young adults that its nessary to eat four meals a day i think thats a problem.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Sure, the foods crap. Butthats because its cheap, and FAST. They dont care about quality.

But thats not a conspiracy, thats just business.

What, are you really gonna send the Gestapo and take down mcdonalds? Lynch them in the back on break or something?

Free Enterprise. If you have a problem with theyre fat, sugary food, the best thing to do is just dont eat it. :T

There is no conspiracy here, move along.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I agree if you have a problem with the food don't eat it and I don't. What I have a problem with is lack of morals and ethics. A.K.A. killing people in the name of profit. Below is the definition of conspiracy. number 4 is what I am referring to The fast food industry is working together to fatten us up because fat people eat more. They spend more money to eat more. They are killing us in the name of profit, and working together at it. that is a true conspiracy. They are also keeping there true agenda hidden. this whole thing reek's of conspiracy. If you don't want to call it a conspiracy fine, but lets not minimize it. look at the facts and be concerned.

con·spir·a·cy (kn-spîr-s)
n. pl. con·spir·a·cies

1. An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.
2. A group of conspirators.
3. Law. An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.
4. A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
the food is KILLING people? Last time I checked, it's not made with tobacco that causes cancer. And last I checked Mcdonalds doesnt sell firearms.

Its not killing people, the people are eating too much, and getting fat, and then dieing. That's there own issues, thats not mcdonalds doing it.

Why not attack the supermarkets? Theyre also "killing" these obese people as they come on and buy box and box of deserts, icecream, cake,pie, sodas, and potato chips.

Are these stores also working together in this eleborate conspiracy?

How about gunmakers? They're making weapons solely used for killing things and people, right?

Come on man, this is the problem with america. We always have to blame other people for our own mistakes. There is no conspiracy with the fast food industry, just cheap food.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
super markets aren't yelling at us to eat yet another meal. Gun makers aren't telling us to super size our ammo. You don't agree with me thats fine. please feel free to continue to Barry your head in the sand and pretend there isn't a problem. Some times things are really as they appear to be.

When a company's screams at you to eat another meal and make it super size, that's a big red flag. in the most I believe its a conspiracy. In the least I baleave its morally and ethically wrong to encourage over eating in the name of profit. but by all means feel free to ignore the problem maybe it will go away.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by angryamerican
super markets aren't yelling at us to eat yet another meal. Gun makers aren't telling us to super size our ammo. You don't agree with me thats fine. please feel free to continue to Barry your head in the sand and pretend there isn't a problem. Some times things are really as they appear to be.

When a company's screams at you to eat another meal and make it super size, that's a big red flag. in the most I believe its a conspiracy. In the least I baleave its morally and ethically wrong to encourage over eating in the name of profit. but by all means feel free to ignore the problem maybe it will go away.

I'm not "Barrying" my head in sand. I'm refusing to make a conspiracy out of fat people getting fatter and blaming it on fast food. Like they really have an obligation to be 100% healthy.

And no fast food company is yelling at you, theyre just advertising. Just like movies advertising you to come see it. Are the movie theaters in the conspiracy to bring you to the movies and fatten you up with popcorn?

And while we're at it, yeah, the supermarkets ARE advertising us to go and order more meals. How come we get coupons in the mail every weekend! Theyre forcing you to come inside and using coupons to suck you in!

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackJuice
*SNIP* take for instance processed sugar, i have refused to eat processed sugar
for two years now, why? because there is no need for it with products like splenda
on the market i can fix any sweet tooth i get (which isn't very often) without
bulking up on the calories. *SNIP*

Correct me if I am wrong here, but if splenda truly is a derivative from real sugar.
Would that not make it processed sugar as well?

And as far as the topic on this thread, I would have to agree with the majority
here. The only one that can be blamed for what you put in your body is yourself.
Every human has to live with their own decisions throughout life. Anything else just
an excuse to be lazy or irresponsible IMHO.

Just found this as well:

"Sucralose is made through a multi-step process, which results in chlorine atoms
being substituted for hydrogen-oxygen atom groups on the sugar molecule."

Taken from here:

Fact Sheet from Equal.com

Just a side note, Sucralose is splenda.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It's not a conspiracy - it's just good business.

The food industry is about making money - not providing nutrition. Food corporations want to sell more product, so they develop and use chemicals that cause addictions.

People eat more - and get fat - for 2 main reasons:

1. They need their fix; and

2. They aren't getting the nutrition they need because processed food is sucked dry - so they need to eat a hundred times more of it just to get a few essential vitamins and minerals.

And that's why I love capitalism. Nothing like having your priorities straight.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Butthats

Best. Typo. Ever.

The fast food industry is working together to fatten us up because fat people eat more.

My emphasis... Do you have any evidence to support that?

number 4 is what I am referring to ....

con·spir·a·cy (kn-spîr-s)
n. pl. con·spir·a·cies
4. A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design

Well, where is the "sinister design" then? In just that people get fat by eating fast food? People can get fat by eating their own food. It's just that people eat fast food and then do nothing to take care of their bodies.

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Come on man, this is the problem with america. We always have to blame other people for our own mistakes. There is no conspiracy with the fast food industry, just cheap food.

I couldn't agree with you more. Here is a shining example of that going on...

Anyway, Taco Bell has always advertised that they're open later than just about any other fast food restuarant. The point? Because then people working the late shift can get a meal, or kids who are high have some place to pig out on, or if you wake up in the middle of the night and want some food. They're not demanding that you eat a fourth meal, they're just letting you know that the option exists.

All it simply is is a new advertising campaign, they change them (like any other business) about every month.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Personally,

I think someone should open up a chain of "Pepes' Greasy spoons.... Arroz con frijoles, arroz con pollo, fricase de pollo, etc. All dished out with at least a spoon of grease over the rice. I'll be the cook if someone wants to put up the money!!
Guaranteed to make you happy, and not go to your thighs. IMO, what really kills in this country is the constant state of stress over bills and work. In my country, you could go to work, come home to food like this, sleep the siesta, go back to work and not only not get fat, but have a sedentary life.
However, i left my country when the food ran out.

Seriously, though, i dont think its the food itself, i think its the stress that packs on the pounds on people!
Just my .02 sense.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You may have not noticed that Ronald Mc Donald disappeared about the same time as Joe the camel!!! It's Ronalds fault everyone is fat.

mikell

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
look within for the motive. we are wired to enjoy salty fatty tastes from when those foods were hard to get.

All fast food places sell salads. life is choices, choose well

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
You may have not noticed that Ronald Mc Donald disappeared about the same time as Joe the camel!!!

Oh, right... So he's not on their placemats on the trays, he isn't in the advertisements at all, and he certainly doesn't have his own webpage...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
To help push along the conspiracy angle, I was in WalMart a few weeks ago and noticed signs in the clothing area indicating that customers would pay a higher price for XL and above sizes. Maybe WalMart is driving the fattening to bolster higher profits!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join