It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire on the Chicago Blue Line - An Interesting Coincidence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
There was a fire on the Chicago subway in the Loop today during rush hour, caused by a train derailment. I guess more than 1,000 people were in the tube when it happened, but thankfully there weren't any major injuries.

They said that there was no foul play suspected.

Here's a link:

NBC5.com

I found this particular part interesting though:

Kruesi said the CTA and the Chicago Fire Department conducted a drill three weeks ago that simulated a situation just like Tuesday's incident.

According to many theories that I've read on here, this happened around the London bombings on 7/7 and on 9/11.

What's everybody's take on this?

[edit on 7/11/2006 by chiS2000]

[edit on 7/11/2006 by chiS2000]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It's fairly common to have electrical fires on some of those cars.

Also, if the car derails, then it can short out the motor or otherwise contact the third rail.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
You know, there was a time -- before Osama Bin Laden and Al Queada -- when "accidents" simply happened. Now, of course, America's infrastructure is entirely secure from short circuits, technological or human error and the freak occurences of nature. But of course, "things" happen but now we have someone to blame or of which to be suspicious. Ahhh, will we ever be "innocent" again?

[edit on 7/12/2006 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Mass fear and mass propaganda prooving effective. Eating right out of the governments hand the people are. Everything is going according to plan.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hi, this is my first post. I suppose it's possible that this was just a mechanical breakdown. I do think it's rather odd that it happened on the same day as the Bombay/Mumbai bombings.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by campfire
I do think it's rather odd that it happened on the same day as the Bombay/Mumbai bombings.

not really.

its a fault that resulted in a fire, its very common.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Techsnow,

Can you share some of your knowledge regarding mass fear and propaganda? i see right through it too but i want to know the reasons behind it.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It did take the news away from the Robert Novak, Cia leak, for a while. Novak reveals his sources, a train fire erupts. A distraction from the Cia leak. People are more interested in a train fire than a coverup in our government.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'd look at most of these accidents with care these days. I am on the look out for possible terrorist activities, but this doesn't look like one. My theories on Al Qaeda are these:
1) They're saving up their resources and planning for a devastating attack.
2) The US operations really have worked and they don't have the capability to attack.

I have much more faith in the first theory than the second. Trust me, they either can't strike at all, or they can. If they can, then they wouldn't bother with something this small. Trust me. If they attack, it won't be just us conspiracy theorists that will know it was them.

new topics

top topics

join