It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Mercy a Delay for a Future Punishment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Mercy for an unresolved sin can last for the short-term, medium-term, and long-term. But not for the Eternal-Term. We might of thought that we sneaked on by, but that is never true in Eternity. The solution: prayer to the Infinitely Great God in length, width, and depth.

Pray, pray, pray.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
GT--what is sin? Is sin not overcome on behalf of all the world? Whether they pray or not--believe or not--sin has been overcome and put away. 2000 years ago!

For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. Hebrews 9:26

How does praying get rid of sin? Sin was put away and in that, prayer was made possible--for anyone who chooses to pray--and it is not imputed as sin for those who decline to pray....

It's called FREEDOM!

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
My God, am I glad I don't believe in your God!

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
queenannie38, do you consider murder to be a sin? I consider it an atrocious, heinous, and vicious sin. There are 20,000 murders each year in the U.S. alone.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
queenannie38, do you consider murder to be a sin?

#1 I consider all life precious
#2 I am not God
#3 I am not a judge of sin

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Of course we are not the Infinitely Great God. God is not separate from this world. He can speak to our mind, soul, and spirit at any time, no matter whether we are praying, reading the Holy Bible, at church, sitting down, or walking. We are agents and servants of God and He has built a conscience in our soul that within certain parameters helps us determine what is right, what is wrong, what is a sin, and what is not a sin. Of course the Ultimate Judge of sin is the Infinitely Great God.

new topics

top topics

join