It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Biometric Passport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
So, this morning my alarm went off at the usual time of 7.30. I quickly went about my usual morning routine of shower, shave, another 'sh'(not in that order
) and then went to breakfast.
By now its almost 8am, and i'm about to get dressed.
As i walk into the hallway, something happens that i'm unaccustomed to. The mail arrives. I'm unaccustomed to this purely because my Post Woman never arrives before 10am.
So excited I am to see the delivery i quickly moved to the letter box and grabbed the mail.
I started rifling through the mail and after a wad of bills that would make the Bank of England Bankrupt, I found my new passport.
My UK Passport finally arrived after months of waiting. So, i opened it.
On the back page I noticed a Chip and a long coil of wire.
So i looked in the new manual that comes with and read thta i was now the owner of a new Biometric Passport.

Your New Biometric Passport

You have just received a new biometric passport, also known as the ePassport. Biometric passports can be identified by this sign on the front cover....
(NOTE - no pic so descrip. Black Rectangle(Gold on Passport Cover) with a thick white like in the middle. Halfway through the White lone creates a Circle inside the Rectangle with a Black(gold) circle in the center)
This sign shows there is an electronic chip inside the book. We are introducing this new style of passport to help fight fraud abd Forgery, Your personal details and photo are printed on page 31. The Back of that page also holds the electronic chip abd antenna.

The Chip contains ALL my personal details.
So, how long before this is used as a tracker?
How long before all my information can be accessed in other locations with or without my knowledge?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Wow, I thought that Charles Clarke said you could postpone being put on the database if you got a new passport in Summer 06.

Did you know you were going to have a biometric passport? How can it be biometric if they didn't get your fingerprint or Iris scan?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Absolutely NO idea i was getting this.
And i know, I thought that it was gonna be a bit longer, btu maybe due to lack of Iris and Print details this isnt the final version.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If you opt for the same day service (ie) go to a local passport office, you have more-or-less a 90% chance of getting a non bio passport!

If you have less than a year to go on your old passport you can still re-new and they will add the remaining time onto your new 10yr passport.

Although it is a bit of a lottery at the moment, October 06 is the deadline, and then you WILL BE FORCED ONTO THE N.I.R.

Then you who life is on a chip hahahahh

SAY NO TO THE EURO
SAY NO TO N.I.R
SAY NO TO DATABASES

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I saw one of these for the first time today (A friend got one) I must say the wire coil looks alarmingly like a antenna. Could it be for tracking people wherever they may be

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunlopI must say the wire coil looks alarmingly like a antenna. Could it be for tracking people wherever they may be

Yes, it is an antenna.(since it by definition a transmitter) It's original purpose is not for tracking though.

But I'm sure the powers that be wil incorporate that feature into them, as they become mainstream.

Anyone have a pic? Not showing personal info, of course.

[edit on 7/13/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Just recieved my biometric passport. Here's what the chip and antenna look like. You will need to click the image to see in detail.

[edit on 21/7/06 by Phil123]

new topics

top topics

join