It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Allows Racists in Ranks, Group Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

July 7, 2006 -- Under pressure to meet wartime manpower goals, the U.S. military has relaxed standards designed to weed out racist extremists. Large numbers of potentially violent neo-Nazis, skinheads and other white supremacists are now learning the art of warfare in the armed forces.

Department of Defense investigators estimate thousands of soldiers in the Army alone are involved in extremist or gang activity. "We've got Aryan Nations graffiti in Baghdad," said one investigator. "That's a problem."

Southern Poverty Law Center President Richard Cohen urged Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld to adopt a zero-tolerance policy regarding racist extremism among members of the U.S. military.

"Because hate group membership and extremist activity are antithetical to the values and mission of our armed forces, we urge you to adopt a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to white supremacy in the military and to take all necessary steps to ensure that the policy is rigorously enforced," Cohen wrote in a letter to Rumsfeld.
Southern Poverty Law Center

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If true, could this explain the unprofessional behavior that continues to come to light in recent months. The Army lowered educational standards, loosened tattoos rules (Nazi tattoos?) and raised the age to enlist, twice. Are they getting so desperate, that they are allowing the morally bankrupted to join?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Department of Defense investigators estimate thousands of soldiers in the Army alone are involved in extremist or gang activity. "We've got Aryan Nations graffiti in Baghdad," said one investigator. "That's a problem."

You had nothing to do with that I hope?

Just kidding, anyways the crimes committed in Iraq does not mean that its related to lowering the standards of the Army. I mean after what happened in Japan in 95 where 3 U.S. Marines raped a Japanese girl... did that had to do with lowering the standards of enlistment? It is a concern about gangs and racists, but that don't mean that its anything new. Racists will get into the military no matter how hard we try.

[edit on 11-7-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
There's a few threads on this topic.

Please click here.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
yea i posted a thread about 5 days ago on this topic already. its in current events. there are a bunch of replies on it, your opinon would be welcome there if you like

kind regards,
Digitalgrl

oh nirvana linked to me thread already nvm

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Here is an interesting link

mediafilter.org...[/url]

I retired after 25 years, not necessarily because I wanted too, but I looked around and noticed that this was nothing like I remembered.

I opted out because of a number of things, but mostly because the esprit de corp and the respect had all but vanished. When we got to a kinder gentler service we lost our legacy of the supreme war fighter. When people in command tell senior NCOs that they need to be understanding and be easy on the lower ranks, they took a SNCO's authority away. They made us baby sitters, not war fighters. Senior ranks are worried more about promotions and how many bronze stars they will collect, than about the pride of their role as leaders. Peers of mine that are still in are treading water till they retire. They want you to be a leader but take away your authority. Got off the subject a little. The point is I think it is a numbers game, recruiting goals. We are not bringing in those people that have the same metal they had 10 years ago. You get what you pay for.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Webbie has a point there.

But really, you don't have to be a neo nazi to commit the crimes many of the US soldiers do. Although I am not a champion of neo nazism, I have nothing against them joining the army, as long as they do their job as expected.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
There's another current thread about this topic.
Please post your comments there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join