It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the truman show

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
didn't know where else to post this....

i don't know how many of you have seen this movie, but the basic plot is that jim carrey's character has been living in a giant dome his entire life, with cameras everywhere broadcasting his life 24/7 on a tv channel for the rest of the world to see and he has absolutely no idea. has anyone ever felt like this or something similar is happening to them? not neccesarily on tv, but like their entire life is staged? maybe it's just me, but i tend to think about this a lot and it seems very possible. creeps me out a lot. what do you think?

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
post here!
www.belowtopsecret.com...

i think this topic should be under NEW WORLD ORDER.

you see, as in, WAG THE DOG, or DIE HARD, or THE SUM OF ALL FEARS, and TERMINATOR/TOTAL RECALL/ TWINS/ASSORTED ARNIE CLONE IDENTITY THEFT movies, hollywood always warns/mocks us as to what we are in store for.
"the truman show" is a tool of this type of conditioning. forget your illusion of privacy.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Tylerdurden I know exactly what your talking about.

It's like when your in public and random strangers give you a weird look or a suspecious glance you think in your mind, they just stuffed up, I'm on to them now. Then you get a little paranoid.

I know its not true but its fun to entertain the thought

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
All I can say is be careful ..

Someone I knew believed their life was JUST like that character. He was locked up several times, diagnosed with schizophrenia and will be on meds for the rest of his life.

It was sad to watch him deteriorate

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessedUpAnnie
All I can say is be careful ..

Someone I knew believed their life was JUST like that character. He was locked up several times, diagnosed with schizophrenia and will be on meds for the rest of his life.

It was sad to watch him deteriorate

be careful like truman(true man) was when he escaped. smile for the camera. it's always on.
"meds", and "psychological disorders" are a tool of the controllers. alternate help of a loving human spiritual nature is MUCH more effective to a distressed (schizo)id.

[Edited on 26-10-2003 by billybob]

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Funny how the truman show has parallels with the matrix or is it just me?

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

be careful like truman(true man) was when he escaped. smile for the camera. it's always on.
"meds", and "psychological disorders" are a tool of the controllers. alternate help of a loving human spiritual nature is MUCH more effective to a distressed (schizo)id.

speaking from personal experience, i can tell you it was a hard lesson to learn that sometimes love is NOT enough. and no .. psycholigical disorders are not always a tool of the controllers.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Funny how the truman show has parallels with the matrix or is it just me?

hugely.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessedUpAnnie

Originally posted by billybob

speaking from personal experience, i can tell you it was a hard lesson to learn that sometimes love is NOT enough. and no .. psycholigical disorders are not always a tool of the controllers.

i didn't say love was enough. gas is useless to a car unless it is put into the gas tank. love is the gas. where is the tank?

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I might inhabit a fictional universe.....

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I thought this was one of Jim Carrey's finest roles. He was like a modern day Jimmy Stewart in this movie.

Its possible that someone's life could be carefully orchestrated in the real world without the use of domes... Sometimes I feel my life is..

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I love this film and it has definately made me extremely paranoid at surreal points in my life. Probably Wont be long until the government does watch our every move. This is probably going to moved to BTS . . .

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   
*Hits the keyboard asleep* *wakes up* Sorry I haven't slept in a few days...

Anyway, I know how you feel, I sometimes wonder about that myself. The Truman show freaked me out!

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 03:15 AM
link   
You know its funny but I was thinking the other day that wouldn't it be funny if the Truman show was a big infomercial for the NWO?

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think you people need to get real. I know we're born with this sensation, but you're not the center of the universe. You are, but only in your mind.

Show me links between the truman show and the matrix beside the fact that both the main characters we're living in a world they thought real but wich wasn't.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   

"the truman show" is a tool of this type of conditioning. forget your illusion of privacy.

'Conditioning'? Why can movies no longer just be the brainchild of someone with a vivid imagination?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SabbyJ

'Conditioning'? Why can movies no longer just be the brainchild of someone with a vivid imagination?

whatever floats your boat. we all have our own version of the truth.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
ive went my whole house once (i was really board) and i didnt find any cameras/mics/recording devices of any sort.

[Edited on 11-3-2003 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well, I think you would have to be pretty stupid to not figure it out. I've been outside of my of my town and outside of my country. If I were a huge television star I would think that there would be some reaction by the people I saw along the way.

Unless I am on my own personal internet, there would be something about my show on the internet. All of you would have some reaction to me. Nope I am just a normal guy.

Ok, screw it...I am gonna be the one to break it to you, may the world forgive me. You are right, you are on a version of the Truman Show, all the world has been watching you since you were born. I watch you on TV at least 5 hours everyday. Wow, you are one exciting dude. So, did the skin rash clear up, you really shouldn't put things where they don't belong...

People need to separate TV and movies from reality.

I got news for all of you, YOU ARE NOT LIVING IN THE MATRIX EITHER.:shk: It was a movie. Sorry to break it to you.

[Edited on 3-11-2003 by greenkoolaid]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join