It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sigh...More bigfootage (sounds large and powerfull...hmmm..)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by niato007
ood point. Hope this is a real video, But we need more solid proof to say for sure.

I honestly don't believe it is authentic. Too many "possible staging" issues. Plus as I said in my first post, it just seems like he could have gotten better video.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If I had the time, money and most importantly....the 'Cajones" I would go to these reported sites and find out for myself with a good video camera. You're right jbondo, what's with all the lousy camera viseo takers?!

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by niato007
It may just be showing the human that he is too insignificant to bother with...
Another thought that comes to mind is that maybe this particular sasquatch is clumsy, not all members of a species can be gifted at stealth...

These points make sense if we were talking about a bear or a gorilla, I think. Because these traits can be empirically backed up.

The way I see it, there is only one thing that we know for an absolute FACT about the Sasquatch species:

They are very good at avoiding human contact.

From that statement, I think we can fairly make these two statements:

1) They must have a reliable degree of stealth...and really, you have to say that about the entire species without fail, don't you? A clumsy and nitwitted Bigfoot could not evade detection for this long, could it?

2) They must be keenly aware of the actions of human beings. That is to say, they detect us easily, and take a vested interest in avoiding us. Otherwise, we would have to say that they have evaded capture for this long on sheer luck which, statistically, is pretty unlikely.

Based on those two statements, I question any video that portrays a Sasquatch as moving carelessly and loudly, or any video where a Sasquatch seems unaware or unconcerned with the presence of a human.

This video fails on both counts.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Essedarius, good points. But I still believe that no species as a whole can have all of it's members be 100% effecient at an ability. The ability for example for you to jump a certain height or run 100 meters in under 10 seconds flat might never be reached be say me who trains just as hard as you.

If we both went to war trained in the art of stealth, you may be more silent, patient than say me......so you may have a better chance of sneaking up on enemies, I a better chance of getting noticed and killed. So we as humans may have the ability for in this example warfare, stealth, but not everyone is blessed with the same levels of ability.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wow, I had no idea this footage would fire some people up so much when i posted it! Down people down...After all, on the subject of bigfoot- all we really have are opinions, and educated guesses.

I must submit another link that may or may not be related to this footage. It's a site up recently that has several bits of footage filmed in the same style, and almost looks like the same location. The sad part is, these guys think we have the minds of pond slime, because a couple of the clips are being described as shot in the early 70's. Nothing inherently wrong with that except that it is painfully obvious that it was filmed on a high quality cam, and a black and white wash was added later. Anyone who knows what was available to the consumer in the 70's as far as personal cameras go will notice this right away. Way to clear, way to many pixels involved. Now i don't wanna drag the originally posted footage through the mud if it is unrelated, but it's worth considering anyway.

ourbigfoot.com...

Also in the thread starter footage, if you listen carefully there is alot of noise going on in the background, It is obviously being filmed just off a road or a busy area, even without that audio evidence, the film has the distinctive feel of a guy standing in a path or a road filming something a few feet in. That to me is suspect, among a few other suttle things. If it wasnt for the quality of the hair and the sense of size and movement i'm getting i would scream hoax, but as i said earlier...who knows.

I'm getting the feeling this is going to be a strange summer for the fans of old stinky, lots of footage coming out, lottsa hoaxes. One that has been exposed already is this one here:

www.greyrockbigfoot.com...

Check out what they are trying to shove down your throat, and then go here:

www.cryptomundo.com...

And you'll see what opinions and educated guesses can do when put to good use.

Be good to eachother.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by tasteslikethunder]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I am amazed at how this family seems to know right where to get footage and for 30 years no less. Why they should be world renound BF hunters with the BFRO (

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
there is an update on this, some progress is being made in the investigation of the
validity of the film and a couple screen captures, for those interested... Heck I obviously am...

www.cryptomundo.com...

Interesting to see how this all turns out.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
After watching the first video and then seeing the "70s" video I will with out a doubt say that the ourbigfoot.com video's are a hoax. The Quality of color (even though its black and white)and resolution are just to high to be very old in the "70s" film, the film seems to be digital.

As to the greyrockbigfoot.com video I cant say.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
ourbigfoot.com has got a lot of stuff on their site, wich makes me immediatley say that it's fake. Bigfoot are simply too rare and elusive to be caught on video for five times by one of two men. Also you don't get you see much of the sasquatch on those video's. I mean, if you were taping a bigfoot, would you be filming his middle body all the time? Ofcourse you wouldn't. Everyone would film their faces.

Cryptozoologists only take the bigfootage that has a bigfoot with it's entire body on camera(patterson/gimlin, memorial day, paul freeman) serious.

I do love the one sasquatch photo where it stands behine the tree, this is finally a hi-quality picture where you can see the face clearly.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdenKaia
For an animal trying to run away, it was sure taking its sweet time breaking and clearing away the branches in its path. I'm no expert on the primitive instincts of a Bigfoot, but I can tell you that any large animal is going to do one of two things when spotted or threatened. Attack or run. This "animal" seems to be doing neither.

This seems fairly accurate to me, or at least something like it.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAGH HAGGGGG BWAGGGGGHHGGGGH BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.

I wonder how the cameraman managed to stay out of its view, supposedly they have good smell right

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone has set up some big foot traps. Maybe with a quater pounder or big mac, that would get him !.....side note....i just saw "supersize me"..was a great documentary, but im never going to mc donalds or any other fast food establishment again.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
BWAGGGG BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

Its easy, just get a hunk of raw animal flesh that you have bitten out of a deer raw, lay it down and cover your self with it, once the bigfoot stumbles across it, snap its neck and present it to every1, thats what i would do

top topics

<< 1   >>

join