It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can humans create gravity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I am curious if you could create gravity. I do not mean building a rock in space, big enough to cause gravity. I mean is it possible to actually create it.

If you could create and project gravity in from a ship in space and you could direct that gravity (even a tiny bit of gravity that would pull a ship along) then you would have a very fast space ship would you not?

Think of a carot on a stick being held in front of a horse where the carot is a spot in space where you would "beam"? or project the gravity field/hole/well.. etc.. in front of a ship. the ship would attempt to follow the gravity. If the thing projecting the gravity was actually installed on the ship and always could keep the gravity in front you would continue to be pulled along through open space..

I guess if you could project a magnetic field you could probably do something similar.

So instead of creating anti gravity could we just creat a more powerfull gravity that could be pointed and projected in an opposite direction of earths (or what ever gravity) your trying to move away from?

Would need no more rockets because you could just pull yourself out of earths atmosphere.

Hmm

is any of that possible?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Scientist have a theory about how gravity works. They think that gravity is made up of gravatons. A large object produces large amount of gravatons. These gravatons radiate out in waves from the object. When these gravations flow over an object, it will react wil it, depending on the size of an object. If this gravaton theory is true, then, in theory, we could create a machine that produces high amounts of gravatons to simulate the amount produced by a large object, like a planet. But, this is only a theory.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Check this thread out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We may have already done such a thing, though it's regular gravity and not anti-gravity or negative gravity. It is a step in the right direction and may in the end, vindicate Podkletnov's research as the setup is very similiar.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
from what i have seen they do not know what gravity yet is, in the public any way(whether they do behind the scenes is another matter).

i saw a program a while back saying that it is a multi dimensional force. take from that what you will, but i assume it meant that gravity works across all known dimensions.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
According to string theory, Gravity is a field produced by Gravitons which are closed loop strings. The reason why they think it's so weak is because the majority of Gravitons would float of the surface of our brane and enter another brane. A Brane is merely String Theory's verson of the Fabric of SpaceTime. Dark Matter is theorized to be Gravitons which have leaked through the cosmos into our Universe and in that switch it somehow became a repulsive force rather then an attrative force like it is in our universe.

www.pbs.org...

This explains it better then I could. Need Quicktime though...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sardion2000

while i dont really agree with string theory, (two mutch evidence to to contrary) wheter or not we could creat gravity would depend on what causes gravity. if gravety is in fact made of gravatons then we (the human race) will one day figure out how to cause gravity by generating gravitons, mutch the same way that we will one day figure out how to make a handheld lazer, if however gravity is just there because it is we may never figure out a way to cause gravity although we may still be able to manipulate it to cause the same effects

top topics

join