It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quentin Tarantino's 'The Hostel'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
okay, this film is 'supposly' based on a true story...now ive done some searching around on the internet about which 'real life' story this film was based from and i can't find the actual events!!

many people around the net have asked this question, but noone seems to know

for example its easy to track 'texas chainsaw massacre and amityville horror' and the real life events behind that, but what about the movie 'hostel?'

this is the only infomation i have:-

=====
Eli Roth was with Harry Knowles (AICN), just hanging out, bored - So Eli proposed to find the sickest thing on the internet, they looked and all, then one day Knowles sent an email to Roth to check out a specific website. Eli Roth looked and was so disgusted that he literally could not sleep because how sick it was, it was on his mind. It grossed him out.

He started doing some research on this "topic" or "event" if you call. Because that was like a subject of his next film, he wanted to do a documentary type on that subject. He just could not find any info on it, but the basis of the subject was present, and that's what's basically the plot of this film the "event"
=====

hmm whats this website anyone know?
or could this be a lye saying its 'based' on an actual event to boost the ratings of the film?

[edit on 11-7-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I don't know the website - but it has to be better than the movie....

I normally love Tarantino's work, but this one just about put me to sleep.

I'd love to see the web site thought.....i would think it happens..people really are that sick....

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Tarantino didnt have much to do with the film. from what i understand he just allowed his name to be attatched to it so the director and writer could cash in

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think it wasn't so much based around a real story as it was based around the fact that there are really hostel's that do this type of thing, the thing about the guy getting away and getting revenge is probally completly just add on

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Wow, never heard this film was supposed to have been based on a true story! I agree, it was kind of a snooze-fest. When I was young enough to stay in hostels (26 is generally the cut-off, but isn't strictly enforced other than in Southern Germany) I stayed in probably at least a hundred of them throughout Europe (though probably only a dozen or so in Eastern European countries - the movie is based in an Eastern European country, forget exactly... Romania, was it?) and never heard of anything so horrible to be pegged to a specific hostel.

Like the above poster said, there definately ARE hostels that, once you get around the circuit you will get to know, are infamous for having people (whether affiliated or not officially with the hostel) hang around them that do drug and then rob tourists of their valuables (esp. in E. Europe, that part of the movie is true and quite believable), but robbing them of their lives/organs is something I'm glad to not have heard of! My advice to future Hostellers - join "Hostelling International" - their accredited hostels will cost more, but are infinitely cleaner and more secure/less shady than some random places. Though things have changed since I was forced to give up the freedom of hostelling

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It's a crappy movie anyway

top topics

join