It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome India to the Global War on Terror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'd like to welcome India to the Al Queda version of the Global War on Terror. While you have been partisipating in it longer than the US, most Western citizens are waking up this morning to learn you are now in the same boat as the rest of us.

Be careful not to take your camara's around and show all the dead and wounded, many believe the GWOT is a myth or a Bush crafted hoax, and your real crime is trying to be a civilized society.

On a serious note, Americans stand with you today on 7-11, like we did with our European friends in the past.

Make no mistake, this is clearly Al Qaeda, the date is no accident as it is on 7-11, a direct culture draw from American lore regarding the middle class Indian population in the US that have made themselves qw very successful small business owners of convient stores and other service business owners.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
How dare you accuse the "religion of peace!!"

They are just a bunch of 'peaceful' muslims who like to kill anyone that doesn't follw their extremist Islamic religion....I mean anyone who doesn't follow the 'religion of peace'...or pray 5 times a day...or eats pork....or puts their feet up...or watches the world cup game........

It's really just the USA's fault.........

I don't know how but I'm sure someone will spout off........

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
How exactly have you determined that this is in fact Al Queda? Also, why would you make a post that almost seems to revel in the fact that this happened? I can't believe that someone would be this cold in a thread as if they have reached some level of vindication by the deaths of people in what now is up to 7 possible explosions.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I don't know about our fault, but I think it is fair to say the reason India is being targetted is because of the growing relationship between the US and India.

It is not easy to be friends with the United States, we bring baggage to any relationship and it includes pyschopaths worldwide who will do Americans and anyone who associated with the US harm.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I seriously doubt that al-qaida attacked indian targets on 711 because there are lots of indians that work at 711s. I seriously doubt al-qaida is even aware of that culutral meme, there aren't even 711s everywhere in the US, the meme of it allways being manned by indians I doubt has international awareness.

The only thing indicating that this was al-qaida was that it was a complex mutliple attack on transportation systems. The date might've been specifically chosen, but I doubt for the reason you note.

There is also an older thread on these attacks, please carry the discusion on over here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-7-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Strange that this is happening in India just now. Musharraf has just been in Chitral with 2,000 troops. He was either hunting Bin Laden there or he was meeting with him.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Most likely its related to Kashmir. But it wouldn't surprise me if the Islamic extremists decided to copy the tactics of Al Qaida (maybe if learn new tactics for how to terrorize more with fewer resources with Al Qaida members) in hopes that blowing up trains in quick succession would force India to pull out.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
How exactly have you determined that this is in fact Al Queda? Also, why would you make a post that almost seems to revel in the fact that this happened? I can't believe that someone would be this cold in a thread as if they have reached some level of vindication by the deaths of people in what now is up to 7 possible explosions.

I determined this is Al Queda because this is exactly thier blueprint and footprint. Unfortunately there have been enough Al Qeuda attacks that it is getting easier to see their actions in work.

As to your second comment, you are way off, and your accusations are unwarrented and inaccurate. This is another terrible day of destruction and I am certainly not proud, happy, or otherwise misguided regarding the events taking place.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
How soon do you think India and Pakistan will turn on the nuclear heat, and how soon will it be before someone on ATS blames the US?

Hindu / Muslim violence is nothing new in Inda. I think it is the same conflict, borrowing plays from another playbook. Whether it is Al Qaeda or not, the goal of all Muslim extremists are the same.

[edit on 11-7-2006 by hogtie]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I seriously doubt that al-qaida attacked indian targets on 711 because there are lots of indians that work at 711s. I seriously doubt al-qaida is even aware of that culutral meme, there aren't even 711s everywhere in the US, the meme of it allways being manned by indians I doubt has international awareness.

I think Al Queda is very intouch with our cultural meme, that much is obvious simply by reading retired SOF and spook blogs who have studied them since the early 90s.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn this attack got started planning after the US and India nuke deal was announced, and that the date was choosen for a number of reasons, of which will include the 7-11 meme once they realized it fell on a Tuesday, a mid week workday, which is also an Al Queda trademark.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
But ETA did the same thing in Spain. I think it is likely that at some point there has been a meeting of sorts among organizations and they have discussed what works and what doesn't. A bombing in midweek with multiple explosions at the same time just makes sense, tactically. The rest of the tangos would have to pick up on this.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The perpetrators of this attack are likely members of Islamist militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT). Indian security forces have uncovered a number of LeT cells in and around New Delhi and Mumbai in recent weeks. The cells had plans for coordinated attacks against infrastructural targets, including ports and rail lines. Prior to the blast, a number of bomb threats were made against major Indian rail lines. These actions in the lead-up to the Mumbai attack are consistent with the militant tactic of "pinging the system" to detect response times and give victims "threat fatigue."

India was due for a militant attack by LeT in a major urban area. Though Indian security forces have been particularly effective in uncovering a number of LeT cells throughout the country, they failed to completely disrupt LeT's plans.

www.stratfor.com...

I don't see any reason to suppose 'Al Qaeda' were involved in these attacks any more than any of the other terrorist attacks that India has suffered in recent years (and which get little mention here in the West).

Actually, it's no wonder ETA decided to end their terror campaign - these days every terrorist attack in the world gets blamed on 'Al Qaeda'. What's the point in being a terrorist when you never get any recognition and everything you do gets blamed on a foreign and unconnected organisation which might not even exist.....

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
There is no question it is possible it is not Al Queda, and I am definately speculating, however it does have several traits common in Al Queda attacks.

If this is a political statement by some radical political group with ties to Pakistan this goes from bad to worse in a hurry. Although in many peoples opinions, including mine, Al Queda is a radical politcal group with ties to Pakistan, which means this could be worse than a random terror attack.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Again, there is an older thread on this:

There is also an ATS NewsNetwork Thread on this:

Please move onto one of those two.

link   

Although in many peoples opinions, including mine, Al Queda is a radical politcal group with ties to Pakistan, which means this could be worse than a random terror attack.

My biggest fear is that groups like AQ, ETA, Aby Sayyaf, Hammas/Hez., etc. will begin simultaneous operations, most likely to coincide with growing tensions with Iran and NK.

link   

Originally posted by darksided

I'd like to welcome India to the Al Queda version of the Global War on Terror. While you have been partisipating in it longer than the US, most Western citizens are waking up this morning to learn you are now in the same boat as the rest of us.

Be careful not to take your camara's around and show all the dead and wounded, many believe the GWOT is a myth or a Bush crafted hoax, and your real crime is trying to be a civilized society.

On a serious note, Americans stand with you today on 7-11, like we did with our European friends in the past.

Make no mistake, this is clearly Al Qaeda, the date is no accident as it is on 7-11, a direct culture draw from American lore regarding the middle class Indian population in the US that have made themselves qw very successful small business owners of convient stores and other service business owners.

Dude, you obviously know little to naff all about India. They have more acts of terror perpertrated against them in a year than the US (or most other countries)ever has.

And you "assessment" that this "must" be AQ is BS. You know, not every bomb is made by AQ and your understanding of the beast seems limited at best.

AQ is an enabling network, not an organised bunch of terrorists. They allow smaller groups and terrorists to link up, train and learn etc etc. They very rarely have a dierect involvement in anything.

As it stands, this is more than likely Kashmir related amd bog all whatsoever to do with your favourite boogey-man, OBL and chums

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
train bombs in India are nothing new. India has seen decades of domestic terrorism related to the Kashmir dispute. The immediate jump to link to this to Al-Qaeda and differentiate from any other Muslim/Hindu extremist movements is a little fishy and presumptious by Western media imo.

and btw this thread is closed, please continue the discussion in any of the threads Nygdan pointed out above.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by worldwatcher]

new topics

top topics

join