It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

And the Darwin award goes to.....

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
www.wboc.com...




MAGNOLIA, Del.- A Magnolia man sustained burns to his hand and face after using gunpowder to light to up his barbecue grill Monday night.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office says the incident was reported just before 11:30 p.m. in the 100 block of Graves Lane, Meadowbrook Acres Trailer Park. Paramedics responded to the home after a man called 911 and complained of burns to his hand and face.

State fire investigators were called to the scene and are investigating the incident. Investigators say the 50-year-old man was burned when he intentionally poured gunpowder in a charcoal grill and ignited the powder causing a flash fire.

The man sustained third-degree burns to the hand he used to ignite the black powder. He also experience first-degree burns to his face and singed his hair. He was taken to Kent General Hospital for treatment.

The fire self-extinguished and no fire damage occurred. The charcoal grill was outside in the yard when the incident occurred. Investigators believe alcohol played a part in this incident.

The incident remains under investigation by the Delaware State Fire Marshal's office.




I hope he's going to be ok.
:shk: Better get some charcoal lighter fluid next time




new topics
 
0

log in

join