It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming on Discovery Channel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
For serious discussions for Global Warming and Are humans the cause of current warming trends.

I'm posting this so we have a chance to watch or record the Global Warming special on the discovery channel to air Sunday evening July 16,2006 and will reair again at later dates for those who come later.

I've been watching and listening for a while and it seems a point is missed with what is happening, not by this group but by those who poo-poo off the subject. It's not about the actual temperature we record daily in out little areas that is of so much interest. It's more about the total effect climate is playing that is so important. Naturally you will see some cold winters since the systems that regulate the termerature are still working. It's what is happening all over that is the sum of it's effects. As more heat is trapped, the air currents are affected, the system attemps to shed the heat. The problem arrises that this systems respond differntly as temperature rises and it seems to take only a small rise to move these systems. This might mean moving the jetstream slightly west in the US drenching the east coast but leaving other areas dry that normally recieved more rains. This might also mean colder winters in nortern Europe and warmer than usual in the eastern countries. The normal jetstream runs down from Canada through the central US and into the Gulf Mexico during most of the winter months. This could move west bring cold weather to the Pacific coast drench Texas but leave the southeast dry and warm. I'll stop here until the show airs so we can pull material from what info is presented. I'm open to pulling in other airings if they remain close to the topic "Is man to blame?".

new topics

join