It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is faster at running???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
IS superman or the flash??? who is faster at running........

Is there really a definate knowledge of this????

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I picked this up for my friend on his last birthday.

It collects all the Superman Flash Races. Most of them ended up in ties.
There have been many people who have filled the roll of the Flash through the ages so it depends on who we are talking about.
The current Flash, Wally West, has been declared to be faster than Superman (running).

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
yea I was going to add that in, my friend and me were talking about it and I ask him and he is like you, very smart with super heroes, he said it really depends on who it was and I really did not know the different actors, but its cool to have a vs. with superman, haha.... well anyways thanks

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Ah, the classic debate. Even The Simpsons has touched on this one:

Lyle Lanley: Now I'm here to answer any questions you children may have about the monorail.
Kid: Can it outrun the Flash?
Lyle Lanley: You bet.
Kid: Can Superman outrun the Flash?
Lyle Lanley: Eh, sure, why not.

There you have it. When it comes to who is faster, so much of the answer depends on which version of the character you are referring to and who is writing them at the time. Currently, for example, the Flash is held to be faster than Superman. Supes currently cannot exceed the speed of light, whereas Flash Wally West - thanks to his direct line to the "Speed Force" - can. However, previous incarnations of Superman (specifically pre-Crisis, Silver Age incarnations) have been shown to be significantly faster than how the Man of Steel is currently portrayed. Over the years, writers have deliberatley bammed Supe's powers down a number of notches, to make his storylines more engaging and believable (Boo!). Thus, whilst Superman as he is currently written loses out to the Flash in speed, previous versions of Supes were probably a good deal faster.

Have you seen the Smallville episode where Clark races the Flash? That was pretty cool. I have to admit, I always felt sorry for the Flash whenever Superman was around. I mean, speed is all he has. Suppose there's a crisis on the other side of the world and help is needed within seconds:

Batman: Oh no, there's a crisis on the other side of the world and help is needed within seconds!

Flash: Not to worry, I'll race on over and save the day. This looks like a job for the Fla...
[Gets into running stance, then receives light tap on soulder]

Superman: Sorry, Flash, but this mission calls for some real speed. Why don't you race on down to 711 and get Bats here a drink.

Flash: But I ... I ...

Batman: Make it Red Bull! I gotta lot of work to do tonight.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
haha ok i see now, well there it is, superman is superman, and thats it, better than everyone, or is he, is there any other superhero, that can match superman?????

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well, there have been several races between the Flash and Superman but, to be honest, I can't really see that there has been a definitive answer to this soul-searing question. Of course, the DC universe has it's own reasons for "clouding" the issue (future sales), but there have been race results that have basically shown that Superman and the Flash are about equal in speed.

Nevertheless, I did find a chronological summary of the races between Superman and the Flash (keep in mind that there have been several different Flash's throughout the DC Universe of the Golden, Silver and subsequent ages.
chronological listing of DC comics; Flash vs Superman with summary

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragster
haha ok i see now, well there it is, superman is superman, and thats it, better than everyone, or is he, is there any other superhero, that can match superman?????

This is the argument I always use on my friend who foolishly declares that Goku could beat Superman. He made point after point, backing up each one with evidence from comics and cartoons. When he was finished, I said that the reason Superman would win is because - he's Superman. I've never seen so much rage from such a little guy.

As to whether or not any superheroes can match Superman, if you're talking about Superman as he currently is, then probably. After all, the JLA has been whipped good many times in the past. Martian Manhunter seems to be a good match for Supes in terms of speed and raw power, as do villains such as Mentor or Darkseid. Then there are the rabid fanboy arguments about cross-over match-ups. Could Thor beat Superman? Could the Hulk? Could Gladiator, or Silver Surfer? Probably not, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen with our presently under-powered Man of Steel. I doubt anyone of them could have beaten pre-Crisis Superman, though. Back then he was virtually unbeatable.

Except by Batman. Batman is the one character who regularly whips Supe's butt. Check out the non-canonical but widely accepted and brilliant Dark Knight Returns to see Batman lay down the ultimate beating on Supes.

Of course, then there are those cosmic entities who can basically do whatever they want. I still maintain that there are no characters in all of comicdom who can match DCs Lucifer or the Endless in terms of raw power. This is why such characters are usually excluded from these kinds of debates.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
There's never been an answer, but of course, The Flash is The Fastest Man Alive.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
actually in the last race episode, i do believe that Flash won, and at first he thought supes let him win, but supes tells him.. no you won fair and square...so Flash is the fastest...

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
So in he world of superheroes, there is always this talk of who is better than the each other, so now is the enemy always one stepp ahead???

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is what we call “Fan-boy talk.”
Some comic fans can sit around all day arguing who is best or who can beat who.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
o ok, well is ti bad to ask or anything... hahaha i never really have ever asked this questions........

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
No it is not bad to ask.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ever since I first saw the movie, "Stand By Me" I have been wondering who would win in a fight between Superman and Mighty Mouse.

Comics are a wonderful medium and, frankly, it's sometimes' hard not to revert to that "little kid within" and to indulge in a bit of whimsical musings. Now who would win in a fight between Superman and Mighty Mouse? Mighty Mouse, of course!

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
So tell me who would between the hulk and superman, I mean is there a same thing, Is the hulk even in the same comics as superman at that?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ragster

Superman would smash The Hulk. He's faster, smarter, stronger than The Hulk.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This reminded me of that HUGE block of text entitled 'The Motherf'ing flash'!

Have any of you read it? Its funny as! I'd post it up but its full of bad language so if any of you want to find it yourselves FOUL LANGUAGE ABOUNDS!

new topics

top topics

join