It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dialogue Open Challenge (DOC)[RESULTS!]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Woot-woot-woot----I got an honorable mention. Thanks guys and i'll try to do even better the next time around. I'm just giddy with delight.

congrats to the winners too and I look forward to seeing you in the next contest.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Wow - I'm feeling very humbled at the moment. The quality of entries was fantastic, I really didn't expect to do that well (considering the subject matter, I actually didn't expect to be able to log on after I posted!). I really enjoyed writing the story, and I appreciate the feedback from all who commented.

I think the thing that stands out for me is the real community attitude in the collaborative writing forum. The DOC challenge brought me in, but going through some of the work that has been done previously, there are some very talented people on ATS. I'm looking forward to future challenges, and again thank everyone who contributed their stories to the competition. I know I was nervous as hell exposing my writing to the world, so whether you got a mention or not, I think everyone can be justifiably proud of their efforts.

Hmm, I wonder if any of the Three Amigos read my story? Hang on, 1 U2U in the member centre. "Willard856, your IP has been traced to..." Oh. Bugger.

Thanks again!

Will

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well done winners, and all participants. Truly, well done.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Congratulations to all our winners and participants. I truly enjoyed reading each entry and am constantly amazed by your talents and brilliance.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It would be nice to win, but the reason for entering these isn't soley that. Personally i just like to write something, if people hate it, fair game, if they like it, fair game too.

So, with that in mind, congratulations to all the winners and other participants

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Wow I didn't think I had a chance in hell at coming in the top three let alone even being noticed in this contest since these stories were so good and imaginative. I did this just because I've never written pure dialogue before and wanted to give it a shot. Thank you everyone, this made my day

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

CONGRATS to al the winners and the authors of the contest!!!!

Can't wait for more...

Semper

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I was remiss in my previous post in not acknowledging the judges and forum mods for all the hard work in making the DOC challenge the success that it was. I'm sure everyone appreciates the hard work put in (that was a lot of reading to get through!), and especially the efforts of both DeusEx and Masqua in publicising and encouraging the contestants. Thank you all.

Will

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
If we participated in the DOC challenge , can we put the ATS Writer participant thing in our signature?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Yes, yes you can. And if you won a prize, then you may insert the appropriate tag as well. In fact, I encourage it!

DE

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
How do i put the participant Banner in my signiture? And where do i get it from?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Copy the image location from my results post, and copy into your sig line using the [img] tag.

DE

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Thanks, you've been a lot of help

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a big wtg for the winners
this contest was certainly a challenge but fun to do

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Wow...

This is what I get for looking for work and fixing up the house and entertaining family these past couple of weeks.

I missed a helluva good contest.

Damn!

I'm really pleased with the number of participants, and the level of competition was a wonderful surprise.

Way to organize a killer contest guys, and kudos to the members for making it so successful.

Well done all around, and congrats to the winners!

Maybe next time I'll manage to participate, instead of showing up after the awards ceremony.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hey, to all of you winners, great job! I enjoyed very much reading every story
too. It was like I'd read one story and say, "Wow, that was pretty damn good!"
Then I'd read the next story and say, "Wow, that was pretty damn good!"
Then I was hooked! Congrats again!

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone who wrote, read, moderated, and judged. This was a lot of fun, and quite a pleasant break from placing my self in conflict on other threads. Maybe I'll just stick to this. Its much easier on the blood pressure.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
"Where did our wedding picture go?"
"Our what?"
"Our wedding picture, why isn't it on the mantle?"
"Well honey, I..."
"And what is that?"
"Well...it's the Golden Greenhorn award. I won it in the DOC contest on ATS."
"..."
"..."
"..."
"..."
"That turns me on so bad."
"Whooo...thank you ATS!"
"That's right Greenhorn. Say it again."
"THANK YOU ATS!"

Congratulations to every single person involved in this contest!
A whole lotta fun...

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius
"Where did our wedding picture go?"
"Our what?"
"Our wedding picture, why isn't it on the mantle?"
"Well honey, I..."
"And what is that?"
"Well...it's the Golden Greenhorn award. I won it in the DOC contest on ATS."
"..."
"..."
"..."
"..."
"That turns me on so bad."
"Whooo...thank you ATS!"
"That's right Greenhorn. Say it again."
"THANK YOU ATS!"

Congratulations to every single person involved in this contest!
A whole lotta fun...

Hence the award!

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
That was a great contest!

Thanks to all the writers for giving me such wonderful reading material, and thanks to all those who planned, judged, moderated, awarded, etc. Great job everyone!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join