It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dialogue Open Challenge (DOC)[RESULTS!]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
-bump-

C'mon, all you potential or published writers out there...I've only got about 3 days worth of work to do reading all of it so far. You don't want me bored and surfing my other assigned forums for nasty spelling errors and horrid punctuation discretions, do you?

Only 72 hours left to get into this excellent contest.

Just write up a conversation between you and your mother-in-law or something...that's got to be enlightening! If you haven't got a mother-in-law, replace her with that reptillian math teacher you had last year.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
WOW!!!!
Entires have filled up the entire first page!!!!! :O
And I thought this was going to be one of those small and quiet contests.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ohh finally, now that stupid game is over and i can have my life back, i can attempt this

OK, first need to plan.....see you all soon.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
A little bump.

Glad to see those stories still coming in, but remember that the contest closes midnight Sunday.

If you're thinking of putting in a last minute entry, have a look at some of the material which has already been submitted before you begin writing. I'd hate to have to disqualify an entry because it isn't dialogue.

Great contest so far.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hey I thought I might want to point out my new story for two reasons.

1.) Someone might overlook it and not top it.
2.) I would like more opinions.

Here's my newest story:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy reading!

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Why on 'MyATS' does it say the last post here was by Masqua, btu when i click it, Voidmasters comes up?

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves
Why on 'MyATS' does it say the last post here was by Masqua, btu when i click it, Voidmasters comes up?

That's because I can 'bump' the thread without actually writing a post. Usually I do write something, but I was so busy reading and re-reading all the entries for the contest that I just got lazy and used my exceedingly powerful moderator powers instead.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by JebusSaves

That's because I can 'bump' the thread without actually writing a post. Usually I do write something, but I was so busy reading and re-reading all the entries for the contest that I just got lazy and used my exceedingly powerful moderator powers instead.

Cool, I just thought maybe there was 'Ghosts in the Machine' again....thanks for clarification.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I wanna be bumped!!!

I never get bumped!!!!

When will the results be in???

Semper

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The results will be forthcoming very early after the contest.

Look on this thread for the announcement.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Last day, everyone. You have until midnight EST today, then the judging begins. Get your entries in, and best of luck to everyone!

DE

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
As the moments tick by, so do your chances at winning if you have not, as yet, entered that story you have languishing upon 'wordpad'.

5 hours 'til midnight, when the rusting iron gates clank down upon the drawbridge.

Igor, our trusty servant, stands in the shadows with his gnarled hands clasped on the lever. He looks up to the tower and a gleam flashes in his single eye.

"Now, master...now? he says, mouthing the words across the distance.

"Soon, my child" I said, smiling.

Igor chortles in delight and dances upon the ancient oaken boards, a grotesque minuet to a music only he can hear.

Suddenly he stiffens...hearing the sound of a distant carraige.

Igor growls and once again looks up, his dance cut short, his mood dark.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Caught you Masqua!!!!!

That was not dialog, you were descriptive!!!!

HA

No points for you ......

Semper

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
good luck everyone, a seriously awesome contest.

is this a record for entry's in a short story comp on ats.

cheers
m4s

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Drums fingers on the table and wonders if the winner is forthcoming

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Alright, everyone. Thanks for your massive support of the contest. And now, the long awaited moment...the results. Drumroll please!

1rst prize...Willard856 for The Three Amigos

2nd prize...Essedaius for What's Done is Done

3rd prize... White's Ravine by Curious Skeptic

A lot of excellent entries this contest. Gave all five judges a run for their money. I have to admit, it was a joy to read. And now, for Honorable Mentions:

First Date by Grims_Tear
Coming Home by sdp333
Pure Fiction by wellwhatnow
Back Where We Belong by mojo4sale
The Last Ride of Redneck Bill by Hogtie

The Bod Award for Exemplary Mod Entry goes to...MrWupy, for Why Doesn't It Hurt?

The Golden Greenhorn Award for Best Newcomer goes to...Essedaius, because I damn well say so. He placed high for a reason, and hopefully he will continue contributing to the writing forum for a long time.

The Silver Cargo Container Award for Best Import from PTS or BTS goes to....Hogtie! Good stories, so buck up an' keep writing!

And, for everyone who participated, we have sigtags!

Alright, let the massive points payouts begin!

DE

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
congratulations to all the winners, willard856 had me in stitches with his story.

bring on the next one im bored already.

cheers
m4s

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Congratulations on the winners!!!

Thank you for the work you've all put into this...and stay tuned for the next contest.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
*Sigh* I was really hoping to get somewhere with this one.
Well, I guess it's time to pick up the pen, because a true writer never stops.

Congrats to those who won! Spend those points wisely now, and don't let me catch you buying junk food with them.

I'll see you all next contest, you can count on that!

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Congratulations to all the winners

This was one hell of a contest and I have to take my hat off to each and every member that participated. The quality was so far above and beyond that even I was stunned and i've been following the writing contests for a year and a half now. This was an awesome contest!

wupy

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join