It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else here ever heard of GameMaker??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
GameMaker is a nifty little program that lets you create computer games using drag and drop. Not much programming skills required, although you can use the programs programming language to use features not otherwise available.

The program is free, but for a US $20 registration fee, there are other features that can be used.

The website is www.gamemaker.nl...

While it is not really feasible to make a 3D game with it, there are many other possibilities for such an application.

So check it out, and enjoy.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Yeah, that is a pretty neat little toy. I fooled around with it a few years ago; last time I downloaded it they'd updated it a lot and I was lost--not that I had done much with it, just a little Mario Bros. type game where you jumped and collected diamonds. I'd forgotten about that; I'll have to take a look at it again.

Edit to add: If I remember right, the main "feature" you get for your registration fee is the ability to "compile" your game into a standalone executable. Otherwise, you need to distribute a copy of GameMaker (or some files of it) with your game. I think there's licensing issues as well, like if you're not registered, you can't sell your games or something.

I'm sure there's other stuff; that's the main thing I paid attention to as far as the registration was concerned when I last checked it out.

[edit on 7/10/2006 by MCory1]

new topics

join