It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Request for a new poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I found the 9/11 poll very interesting. I know that many people feel that ATS is currently left leaning, I'd be interested in seeing what the actual makeup is. Not by democratic party, but by actually positions on the issues. For instance, have a number of "defining" subjects and have people rate their standings on it.

I am just brainstorming at this point, but I'd suggest keeping it fairly simple and working very hard not to lead with questions - for example:

Where do you stand on the issue of same sex marriage?

liberal - I think anyone should be able to marry anyone as long as they are both consenting and of legal age

centrist - I think marriage should be defined as between a man and a woman but there should be a seperate but equal domestic partnership for same sex relationships

conservative - I think marriage should be defined as 1 man and 1 woman and there should be no consideration for same sex relationships

as opposed to:

liberal - No one should tell me who to love!

centrist - marriage should be a man and a woman but it should be okay for same sex

conservative - homosexuality in all its forms is sin and should be abolished

Obviously, this should include more than just this topic, it was just an example.

Any thoughts on this from the "powers that be"?

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Personally I feel that any poll done should have as choices as answers like:

1. Yes

2. No

3. Not sure

just as it was done in the recent poll. As for new poll topics, make a suggestion.

My suggestion would be about the JFK assasination. It would include the Warren Commission, and the JFK jr. incident as well. Just my thoughts on the subject of polls.

And btw - If a poll or survey were to be taken asking members leanings, and the choices were liberal, conservative or 'middle of the road', I'd bet most would say that they were middle of the road, with no major leaning, either way. That's what I think.

[edit on 7/10/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran

Why add the words 'liberal', 'conservative', 'centralist' at all? Just leave them out.

Don't forget the fourth option

Constitutionalist - Anyone should be able to make a legal civil union with another person AND/OR have a marriage ceremony in the way that they see fit if they so desire. This way, the church isn't under any obligation to 'marry' anyone they don't want to and they also have no influence to tell the law who can have a civil union and who can't.

It's the perfect response!
Thank you Skadi_the_Evil_Elf!

[edit on 10-7-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Let's Do A Poll About Polls

As the new PTS Guy, I would be remiss not to be big on polls.

Part of the New PTS Revolutionary Manifesto involves polls. Lots and lots of polls.

This is still in the early stages, but I thought I should mention it.

If you want polls, I'm pretty sure you're going see your fill by the time the U.S. November elections roll around.

And yes, we will definitely be asking ATSers (PTSers, in this case) about their opinions.

Oh yes.

new topics

top topics

join