It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resolution to NK Tension Will Take America Backing Off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The peaceful resolution for the North Korean tensions needs the United States to back off and mind their own borders.

The talks need to be between China, North Korea, Japan, and South Korea only. Even Russia should not be included in the talks.

The best resolution would be for China, North Korea, Japan, and South Korea to step up economic ties and exchange for North Korea never launching ballistic missiles again. The more economic ties that China, North Korea, Japan, and South Korea have will result in better cooperation. Better cooperation can not be achieved with the U.S. and Russia being involved.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Also,

We should stop Instigating those countries you mentioned.

I have a feeling we do plenty of that on a daily basis.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Actually the US can't really back off. They have a treaty with Japan that an attack on them is like an attack on the US. Why should the US back off, the minute that kook can hit the US with a nuke he will. In a way they are watching their own borders.
Clinton tried to appease the north koreans in the 90's with food and oil to drop their nuke plans, and it didn't work. They continued anyway.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
1. North Korea didn't attack Japan.
2. North Korea won't nuke the U.S.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
1. North Korea has the capacity to attack Japan.
2. What makes you so sure that North Korea won't attack the US?

Edit: Had North Korea considering attacking itself. Now there's a conspiracy!

[edit on 10-7-2006 by Willard856]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Good suggestion, it might or might not work.
Unfortunately it's not as emotionally satisfying as "getting tough", which means it's never going to happen.

Sure, and we have the "capacity" to nuke half the planet.
That doesn't mean we will.

You can't be sure of anything like that.
Hell I can't be sure Canada won't invade us tomorrow, but it seems pretty damn unlikely.

Kim is tryng to bluff concessions out of anyone and everyone. An attack on the US would, at the very least, mean no more cartoons and Swedish prostitutes for our buddy Kim.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I agree, the whole NK situation is much ado about nothing. I think Japan is using it so they can get citizen support for a build up of military and weapons, and America will DEFINITELY help them with that. America & Japan are going ape sh** over the fact that China is developing so much of their military that it is unbalancing the power of that region.

The American government does not have the support from the American people to go on a rampage of attacking North Korea, and Iran. And yes, they will not go against the public, especially with elections soon. If anything, Israel may just get so pissed off with Iran, that they will attack Iran, with American support.

There are so many problems, it is so much deeper than just North Korea and Iran, it is scary what may happen.

I want to return to isolationism

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve99

Why should the US back off

As a major superpower the US needs to ignore the provocative nature of this nasty little man (Kim Il) and take all this sabre rattling for what it is, a little man with a big chip. The US needs to sit back and just watch.
That way, an attack directly on the US from NK would be unprevoked and US could then be justified in obliterating this man from existance.

If ya don't stir the possum it won't bite ya

FATMAN

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
So what you are saying is that the US should just sit back and wait for NK to put a missle into down town LA. Then we should do something.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
North Korea isn't going to put a missile into downtown LA and what we are saying is to sit back in your chair and think of all the consequences of making nothing into a global conflict.

China has nukes and the capability of attacking downtown LA but they won't do that just like North Korea won't. Kim Jung Il wants to keep the way of life in his country the same. If he attacks the U.S. or Japan his communist regime will be over. It's more important to keep his family in power than to attack the U.S. or Japan on a kamikaze mission. Therefore, North Korea will not attack Japan or U.S. They want to keep their family in power.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rickey Gerard Perez
North Korea isn't going to put a missile into downtown LA and what we are saying is to sit back in your chair and think of all the consequences of making nothing into a global conflict.

China has nukes and the capability of attacking downtown LA but they won't do that just like North Korea won't. Kim Jung Il wants to keep the way of life in his country the same. If he attacks the U.S. or Japan his communist regime will be over. It's more important to keep his family in power than to attack the U.S. or Japan on a kamikaze mission. Therefore, North Korea will not attack Japan or U.S. They want to keep their family in power.

The US didnt start this mess, but we are having to deal with it along with Japan, SK, and China. Its a very tricky political situation. I see the actions of NK as of late as a tantrum. They want more food, monetary, and oil aid so they throw a little hissy in hoping we will give in just so they will stop this nonsense. It is NK that will end up starting a global conflict with these type of actions. They also happened to have created this whole mess 50 years ago. Situations like this dont come about over night.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   

The best resolution would be for China, North Korea, Japan, and South Korea to step up economic ties and exchange for North Korea never launching ballistic missiles again.

This cannot possibly be a logical solution. This is the same as giving a bully milk money every time you walk buy him, you gain a few moments of peace, but the tactics of work for him and he'll continue to use them. We need to keep international unified pressure on NK and follow through with "what we say is what we mean". How many times has NK already made promises in exchange for tecnhology and food in the past just to turn around and throw out threats and posturing when they want more? NK is acting nothing like nothing more than a child throwing a fit and should be treated as such, not placated by giving them what they want.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I'm curious here, what does China have to do with this? Last time I checked NK fires a missile that could have hit Japan or gone over Japan. Maybe this is all about China after all... its inherent fear of Japan. Maybe NK's Lil Kim is just China's sock puppet? Maybe...

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   

1. North Korea didn't attack Japan.
2. North Korea won't nuke the U.S.

do you talk to the NK dictator daily or something?? i say why take a chance NK is always talking about destroying us..we need to be more like Israel and take a PRO active role instead of a Re active role..

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Good suggestion, it might or might not work.
Unfortunately it's not as emotionally satisfying as "getting tough", which means it's never going to happen.

Sure, and we have the "capacity" to nuke half the planet.
That doesn't mean we will.

You can't be sure of anything like that.
Hell I can't be sure Canada won't invade us tomorrow, but it seems pretty damn unlikely.

Kim is tryng to bluff concessions out of anyone and everyone. An attack on the US would, at the very least, mean no more cartoons and Swedish prostitutes for our buddy Kim.

If Kim is trying to bluff he needs to go to vegas and get in the WSOP and not use missiles as his cards. Personnaly I would raise him, one smartly placed 500lb for his broke 7 missiles, and collect my braclet.

25 years in the service.... sorry it still pisses me off to see the saber rattling..... PEACE....

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
"South Korea Blasts Japan's Preemptive Remarks."

"SEOUL, July 11 (Xinhua) -- South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun on Tuesday described the latest remarks by a senior Japanese official about launching a "preemptive strike" against the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) as an "overreaction.""

news.xinhuanet.com...

I think Japan is overreacting due to the many years of brainwashing by the hands of american occupied Japan.

[edit on 11-7-2006 by Rickey Gerard Perez]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Or it could be the only country that has been nuked has already had NK's missiles flying over their country. NK is hostile to Japan as they are anybody else they deem as their enemy and they refuse to stick to their agreements. How receptive would you be to missiles flying over your house?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I think Japan is overreacting due to the many years of brainwashing by the hands of american occupied Japan.

[edit on 11-7-2006 by Rickey Gerard Perez]

I think you are wrong. I think Japan is overreacting due to the fact that they want civilian support to build up their military in response to China's build up, and their fear that America won't always be there to protect them.

Not to mention there were missiles flying over their country...I know for a fact if any missile flew over the US the people would call for the country that sent them to get nuked, and the government would do something, so you cannot really blame them.

top topics

join