It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ktprktpr's interesting web site link thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm trying to get new ideas by "data mining the internet" (which is an idea in itself). I feel that a lot of what i find is very interesting and i will just make this thread a list of web sites I find. It'll be live and I'll add to it probably everyday.

My interests are in emerging tech and trends. I seem to lean towards visual representations of "multi modal" data (a lot of different # displayed at once).

The only way to do this is read every blog out there. I skim and jump.

------

So far:

www.fluidtime.net...
www.pierogi2000.com...
www.wburg.com...
www.fluidtime.net...

www.blogshares.com...
radio.weblogs.com...
www.orgnet.com...

-----
I hope to keep this thread other-member minimal, as it's just listing of websites in my travels for more ideas to make the next Big Thing.

I'm also doing this so if forget something I can probably find it later.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
(a lot of these are striaght blogs. Im just qualifying the link as of time of posting)

dijest.com...
very cool visualation of news. Graphs mindshare of people/insitutions in the press and beyond.
that would be www.dicelared.com...

btw. Toltec blog came up twice so far. He must use the word emerging a lot

diveintomark.org...
type in an address and see whose nearby. Type in ats and be awed. (doesnt seem to work for ats, try: www.touchgraph.com... requires java)

well thats it for today.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
well im waitinf for a phone call so im just continuing my sifting.

www.teleworkconsortium.org...
it costs $2000 to commute to work. If you had a t1 connection it would cost $2000, one time. We can work from home

not sure how this popped up but:
let gay people teach hetros how to resolve relationship problems:
www.washington.edu...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
www.corante.com... takls about ideas adn the like. Seems to be slanted towards social interaction. Very good side links.

Can I make money off o this!?
www.ideaexchange.com...
holleeeee sheeeeiiitt. WOW! A must visit for the creative ATSer. Actually you make like $5 off an idea, which is crap

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
AboveTheHeat.com...

&

BelowTheCold.com...

Free Travel Guides

"War is not human nature"

Quote from : www.peacecoup.us...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
... and continuing. I'm useing "mobile phones" as a search vector this time. last time it was "emerging". Go two good ideas outta this run...

Free MIT education (i'm sure a lot know about this)
ocw.mit.edu...

If your poor and live in Minnesota you now need to pay for a public denfender: www.nlada.org...

Americans are immoral
www.cbn.com...
from th emore interesting blog
www.mahmood.tv...

man! I can't get enough of this social data mining. Slurp!
buddyzoo.com...
Users submit their AIM Buddy Lists to the site. Then, BuddyZoo runs all kinds of analysis on the data, letting you:
tells you what cliques your a part of, etc. This is very cool. Do it like this: [edit- that link was to long. Read the page if you really care]

put in IE address bar. Then submit a new password (like "pass") Doesn't work to well with opera though

Yep. The Whig Party is coming back. Watch out Repugants of all sizes!
www.velociworld.com...

www.inknoise.com...
makes links? not sure what tit does

www.synapse.ne.jp...
proxy changer. For anon surfing.
www.spychecker.com...
tells you whats set to run on your system automatically
and many more from radio.weblogs.com...

www.the-n.com...
funny game

"Found 248 pages matching query. Displaying 121 to 130."

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by ktprktpr]

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well I got a couple killer ideas outta that run. If for some odd reason it looks like my idea won't work out I'll got back to the drawing board and ressurect this thread.

Ciao!

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Found this while browsing net reading material...

makethecase.net...
debate style accumulation of information. Looks kinda new. You can browse the current cases at: makethecase.net...

www.shouldexist.org...
www.shouldexist.org...

"ShouldExist publishes good ideas from the public. It's a place to exchange ideas and dreams about our future. It's a prototype review. It's a platform for electing ideas instead of people. It's a community of original thinkers and implementors talking about how to make the world a better place. See the about page for more."

SO if you have an idea that you think SHOULDN'T be patentable, release it here to prevent anyone from establishing first conception. They're looking for ideas that improve the world.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Oh yeah baby. The new Gold of the Future.

These guys know their #.
www.dodccrp.org...
"The book's positions and findings could be translated to any large organization with an important role to play in a world and economy characterized by rapid change and conflict. Ray Ozzie says: "This book is truly a must-read for anyone interested in decentralization and the social and organizational relevance of shifting power to the edge, whether in a commercial or a defense context."
www.dougsimpson.com...

I'm very sure I can get a couple new ideas from reading all the books they published. In fact it might be useful to develop an "information acquistion" app for civilians. I guess specficially it would relate to rates of change and surpression.

This blog is very good too www.henshall.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Clay Shirky?s Writings About the Internet
Economics & Culture, Media & Community, Open Source

www.shirky.com...

Very insightful observations. I emailed him a way to defeat the power curve distribution (shirky.com...) but he probably thinks I'm crazy.

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Discussion of 4G warefare and Boyd. www.parapundit.com...

(I'm begining to think I should take my conspriacy analysis to a whole new level, in efforts to help america defend against terrorism and understand what it's up against (I know big words coming from my mouth). I may synthesize Boyd and Bush's tricks and see if there's light at the end of the tunnell... it'll be like a introspective research project
)

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
These oldies but goodies are ripped straight outta my bookmarks. Let's see what we have here...

www.paranormalnews.com...

top topics

join