It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Flux capacitor' relating to Philadelphia experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I’ve heard and read a little about Philadelphia experiment. From the info about the placement of the coils on the deck and electric field on the mast it looks like they where building what you might describe as a ‘flux capacitor’.

What I mean when I use the term ‘flux capacitor’ is; a simple plate or plates with an electric charge in addition to an external magnetic flux applied parallel to the surface of the plates. Essentially you have an electric field and a magnetic field at right angles.

If the two fields are made to alternate at the same frequency and the electrical tension is sufficient, electrical theory suggests that the dielectric could be propelled at a right angle to both the electric field and the magnetic field.

I did read one blurb about levitation relating to the Philadelphia experiment. I don’t believe that a ‘flux capacitor’ could produce antigravity. I do believe that it could levitate a non-conducting body.

As for invisibility, I don’t know. I understand they doubled the frequency of one of the fields. All I can see this doing is shaking you back and forth very, very quickly.

Anybody with / without electrical theory do I need to describe more clearly?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Here is what I am thinking of. It is kind of silly. It's just magnetic flux applied to a capacitor.

I don't know if any body is interested in this kind of stuff. Let me know.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This is what I think the Hutchison effect is. The combination of electrical and magnetic fields producing levitation.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What they were trying to do was come up with a way to generate an atmospheric haze, fog or distortion around the ship using high voltages. So it would be "invisible" to submarine periscopes and maybe German radar. They used to do the same thing all the time with smoke, but they wanted to see if it could be done more efficiently. Turns out it couldn't. The additional equipment and construction was too elaborate to be widely used, and the high voltages tended to discharge and shock/burn the crap out of crew members. It was tried later using microwaves, and later still on aircraft, but the power generation and electric plate problem was always the same. Too much equipment needed for too little effect. I suppose it's still classified, though, in the hopes somebody will come up with a really powerful generator the size of a soccer ball. Maybe Tesla could, be he's long gone.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

True, enough, such a form of Levitation has been accomplished as described. It is also a Very commonly observed reaction of certain Metals to Certain Fields surrounding a current, This field being used for that purpose.

allende_letter

Perhaps if an atom is shaken back and forth quickly and violently all incident radiation will be scattered in a more or less random way. That may make an object appear dim, hazy, or to disappear altogether.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Remember the "Back to the future" movie with the flux capacitor? It looked like a peace sign or an inverted Y. I thing that could have been a visual pun on the “right hand rule.”

I tend to believe that the public is told about most of what is going on in the world even if they don’t recognize it. There has to be some sort of public disclosure, right?

All I can say is, punny, punny, punny.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The Flux Capacitor collides heavy elements (in this case, Plutonium) along three spatial axes to create a mini-singularity into which the time machine (DeLorean) implodes.

Because of the axial translation accomplished by the implosion, speed becomes equated with time (the faster you implode, the farther forward or backward you travel in time), and the on-board computer compensates for spatial vectoring. If it didn't, you'd move in time, but Earth would not be at the same point in space, so you'd end up either where the Earth used to be or will eventually be. The metal body of the DeLorean (as well as a large steam locomotive), creates a protective bubble of isospace around the vehicle, keeping it from disintegrating from the shearing forces of the singularity.

Imagine pushing a basketball or other inflatable object under the water in a pool. While the ball is underwater, it is essentially "outside" normal space, and relativistic effects are not felt. How hard and in what direction you push the ball (using a magnetic "slingshot") will determine where the ball explodes to the surface, reappearing again in "real" space. Remember, that while the DeLorean is "underwater" it's no longer in our spacetime, so while there will be some time lag when we do the demonstration, in real life, the transition from one point to another will appear instantaneous.

Reverse-exploding back into normal spacetime causes an accumulation of matter/energy at the singularity point, which results in the vehicle being covered with ice from condensation.

The biggest technical problem with the Philadelphia Experiment was the failure to anticipate the need for a proper vectoring mechanism. As a result, when the USS Eldridge imploded into (subspace), it didn't "go" anywhere and flipped in and out of normal spacetime at random. Fortunately, the ship was large enough that the gravitational field of the Earth, which has an effect in subspace, was able to keep it from exploding out into space at the time and place the initial implosion happened, after the Earth moved on. It reappeared in normal spacetime outside Norfolk, Virginia for a few seconds, then when the equipment was improperly turned off, not properly closing the singularity, it was pulled back into subspace, "slingshotting" back to its original starting point.

Dr. Emmett Brown, thanks to his frequent contacts with Prof. Einstein, was able to duplicate the effect on a smaller scale and add a vectoring mechanism, but he had to wait until the mid-1980s when computers had become sophisticated enough to calculate the necessary vectoring component to ensure proper targeting and small enough to fit in an smaller vehicle (the DeLorean), thus reducing the power requirement to a functional level (although admittedly still difficult to attain legally in 1985).

I hope this clarifies the theory a little, and clarifies the connection between the flux capacitor and the Philadelphia Experiment.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
That is a wonderful theory. You seem to have a lot of the details down. How did you get so much information on the theory? Are their any good groups that you are familier with that discuss science fiction screen play theories. I have seen quite a bit on Startrek but nothing on the "Back to the future" movie.

Any way...

I didn't really know any thing about the theory in the movie. I used the words flux capacitor just because it struck me as funny when I was mulling the thought over in my head. To tell the truth, I don't really think time travel is possible. But, don't tell any one else that.

I like to keep to the simple, solid theories. Magnetic deflection of a charge is about as complicated as I get. Someone once told me to keep it simple stupid and I took it to heart.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hi Angry Sci.,
I do believe that the reason for this was to block and defeat German magnetic mines, as their surface radars were few and far between, in the Atlantic, of 43.
We sat through two training flicks in a C.A.P. class, which was definitely early WWII production. It dealt with degaussing a ship's hull, and by the second film, got up to putting Alternating Current through coils surrounding the rear of the hull, in opposition to the D.C. cables running around the waterline of the ship. There was something missing in simple degaussing, and by the end of the second flick, the dreaded, message came over, ala Oliver Stone's JFK, "and there were more experiments done on this". I jumped up and immediately noted that these two films were the lead in to the Philadelphia Experiment, and this was in 1962. before the Cuban missile crisis. I had part of the original story from my parents, who were at the Navy Yard, and Fort Dix, at that time. Of course, the further films, were never forthcomming, and I never did get an answer, as to why these two were being shown to a C.A.P. class of cadets. The films did mention a pressure mine which laid on the bottom, and was triggered by the sudden increase of pressure of the ship's hull moving over it. This puppy, negated any degaussing efforts, anyways. Maybe they were trying to slip a ship through, but when my mother heard of the invisible ship's hull in the water of the Delaware River, the fact that the form was still in the water, meant that it was still displacing it's weight, at that spot, and a sudden explosion, would have still hammered it, to pieces. As iln my previous posts, I always felt that this wild tale was to cover up massive radiation sickness and burns from a nuclear explosion thirty miles off of Cape May, on a Fri. afternoon, in Jan. 43, that could have compromised the entire Manhattan Project, to the Germans. Even the boobs doing this cover-up would never have been told anything at all about the Manhattan Project, and for good reason.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Sorry if I have misrepresented my interpretations on this subject. I should state that my interests on the subject are mainly technical with the purpose of understanding the technology and physics behind the operation. I hope to derive some practical understanding of the equipment and operation of the equipment and/or theory. If I can find no theory or a theory does not seem to match the description of the equipment then I am able to determine that.

My ultimate goal is to understand the physics behind the machine and apply it. I don't want just stories. I want some THING.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Thank you carpooler.
I does look like they were trying to tell something about it without actually talking about it.
I'm building a mental model of your description and trying to determine the effect that the two fields would have on each other.
Thank you very much for the info.

top topics

join