It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas Authority declares war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Israeli officials were hesitant to admit it, but the Hamas rulers of the Palestinian Authority openly declared war on Israel Thursday when they ordered their own security forces to engage IDF soldiers operating against terrorist groups in Judea, Samaria and the Gaza Strip.

www.jnewswire.com...

This is a very bold and interesting move.

By openly declaring war on Israel, they allow Israel to declare war on them.
This means the gloves come off and the full brunt of the IDF can be unleachesed.
It also means every and anything/every and anyone is now a target.

Seems to me the end result will be Hamas learning the hard way what happens when you "poke the bear" too many times.

Will this draw other countries into the fold?
There were rumors of Iranian and Syrian forces mobilizing near the border-this however was noted 1-2 weeks or more ago

The US still has, I believe 2 full battle groups and more navy ships in the area.

Well, I truly hope I don't see what is going to happen next.

[edit on 7/10/2006 by mrmonsoon]

[edit on 10-7-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This comes as no surprise to me.

In my estimation, Israel had to see this coming and the Palestinian Authority played right into their hands. Now Israel is in a legitimate position to defend itself and eradicate Hamas at will.

I just hope it doesn't attract any reprisals from its Arab neighbours.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Funny but I though that they has been at war for decades already.

Really, really funny that now is Official.

What a bunch of bs.

What hamas is going to do to Israel? Israel hold all the weapons, help and power that money can buy and allies can supplied.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I somehow don't find this announcement accurate from this website. I haven't seen any major news sites declaring this as fact. Its probably more his opinion on the matter.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Funny but I though that they has been at war for decades already.

Really, really funny that now is Official.

What a bunch of bs.

What hamas is going to do to Israel? Israel hold all the weapons, help and power that money can buy and allies can supplied.

I tend to agree. Its nice to see hammas is about as smart as they were when they started out.

new topics

top topics

join