It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2U shock horror, ...er bit of a problem. (U2U Notification Has Changed)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I just went to send a U2U to somebody and lo and behold I have LOADS of unread ones in my inbox! The trouble is I have had no indicator that any U2U's had been recieved (such as you get in the top right corner) and now lots of people no doubt think I am ignorant

What gives?

(Mod note: Modified title with member's permission. --Majic)

[edit on 7/10/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Waynos -

I have noticed that the latest changes to ATS have included the U2U function. My indicator for a U2U is now *ON* the MEMCENTER button, shown in red text. It no longer displays for me in white text between the buttons at the top and the body of the web page. I stumbled across my messages by accident also and so went looking for the indicator.

Try looking at that MEMCENTER button at the top to see if you have any messages.

JDub

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
The trouble is I have had no indicator that any U2U's had been recieved (such as you get in the top right corner) and now lots of people no doubt think I am ignorant

What gives?

No, you are not ignorant. They moved the notification. I just found it myself a day or two ago. Look at that top bar. Beside where it says " memCenter " is where the notification will be. It is kind of between "memCenter " and "Contact ". By the way, the notice is not white anymore, at least not on my computer. It sort of matches everything else on that line.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTileSpook
My indicator for a U2U is now *ON* the MEMCENTER button, shown in red text.

Yours shows up RED????Mine shows up black like the memCenter button. Wonder why? Oh well.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
here you go, just to illustrate the new U2U notification

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Oooh yes, oops. Thank you all for your help. I feel a bit of a twerp for not seeing that now

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Don't feel bad waynos. The only reason I knew about it was because I happened to look up there one day and went "huh?" and clicked it.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The Eyes Have It

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Don't feel bad waynos. The only reason I knew about it was because I happened to look up there one day and went "huh?" and clicked it.

Tell me about it.

waynos, if being caught off guard by this makes you a twerp, it makes me a twerp, too.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
waynos, if being caught off guard by this makes you a twerp, it makes me a twerp, too.

He's a twerp
You're a twerp
I'm a twerp
Would'nt you like to be a twerp too !?!?

Whoa, sorry, childhood commercial flashback I guess, heh.

I did the same, went to U2 someone, and there they were. Still took me a couple days to notice the new notify.

Perhaps the site should put a U2U Notification Change post?

NN

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Zaph, pushing buttons without realizing what they do could make big booms!

Yeah, I actually was expecting a few u2u's and realized that they weren't showing. Then I went to click on member center to get directly into my u2u box and realized that it was red! It's harder to notice at first, but it does make for less on a page, which is nice.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Not to be a malcontent or anything like that...
....but it is very hard to see the (1u2u) up there.....
I'm not complaining or anything like that
Its just very very hard to even notice it.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Not to be a malcontent or anything like that...
....but it is very hard to see the (1u2u) up there.....
I'm not complaining or anything like that
Its just very very hard to even notice it.

I could send you a few if you like?
How many would you like?

I thought the same dgtempe, until i realised that no one was sending me any u2u's lately!!!

Ill send a few your direction.....

helen

top topics

join