It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory, and an experiment for anyone who wants to try

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy

That can be dangerous. If you go in too deep, there will be no one there to pull you out

Not dangerous, no worries. The absolute worst thing that could happen? You fall asleep and wake a while later feeling refreshed.
I'm 43 years young, back when I was 16-17 I got into Silva Mind Control classes. They taught us how to meditate and enter Alpha at will.
I learned a little trick that might help some people that try to alter their state often.... When you start to meditate touch your index finger, the next one over, and your thumb together. Think about it when you do it. After a while all you have to do is touch those 3 fingers together and you're there. It works for me.
I think I live in an Alpha state, I'm sure I was in Alpha when I saw my UFO. I usually reserve Theta for sleep, I only sleep about 4-5 hours a night. I'm not aware of Delta, because I'm sure I'm very sound asleep then.
I'll try your experiment, it sounds like a very interesting theory.

Thanks! That is an excellent suggestion to use an anchor. I have never used anchors myself, but I think I might try your suggestion.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork

If, in a theta state, we can see light that is reflected from an object that is in a part of the spectrum that our eyes cannot detect in the beta state (visible light), then that object would have to have a specifically designed capability NOT to reflect visible light. You're suggesting that the object may actually be there; that it's not a hallucination that exists only in the beholder's mind. That would be one clever cloaking device!

Intriquing. I'm still leaning toward the "it's all in your mind" explanation, but lemme think on this some more...

You know, here is another thought. What if it is not a cloaking device. What if theta waves are actually just a portal into another dimension....a parallel dimension.....and the UFOs/aliens are interdimensional travelers? And the only reason they don't appear to us in beta state is because we are in this dimension. But when we are vibrating higher...in theta.....we are in two dimensions at once.

This might not be so strange as it sounds, if you think of the concept of "string theory." I'm not a phyicist, but doesn't string theory say that one part of an atom can be in another dimension (vibrating at a different frequency or amplitude), while other parts are in this dimension?

Also, I remember reading something somewhere (can't remember who....maybe Greg Braden?) but I remember the author saying something along the lines of: "Hey, we use only 10% of our brain at any one time. Doesn't that seem kind of inefficient, after millions of years of evolution? Why only 10%? Nature doesn't keep things around it doesn't use....it generally "evolves them out"." The author suggested that maybe the other 90% per cent of our brains are operating in another dimension! At least, I think that's what the author was saying. Or mabye I made it up?? I can't remember it exactly.

BUT, if you think about it, if an atom can vibrate 90% in another dimension, then why not our brains? What is the other 90% doing when our 10% is working? It doesn't make sense that it is just dormant. Maybe....it is has the ability to access other dimensions, and we don't realize it.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I also have another theory...

What if mental illness is not really an illness, but just another evolutionary leap, that allows us to have these extra gifts? For example, what if we (those of us with bipolar and/or schizophrenia) are using, say, 12% of our brains? What if that extra 2% gives us the ability to see things that "regular people" cannot. See different frequencies....different light spectrums.

Or... what if it allows us to be in BOTH the beta and the alpha and theta at the same time?? But, because the general public can't see the things we see....they think we are crazy, and they call these things "hallucinations" or "delusions".

Hmmm....could be just another one of my "crazy theories".
But you never know....it could be possible.

But then again....what if we, humans, are all evolving right now...but not in the time between generations, when normal evolution takes place, but during the time we are alive? And that is why there is so much more "mental illness" these days. Maybe that is the "awakening to zero point" and the "shift" that Greg Braden and others are talking about (coming to 2012)...is precisely the shift into alpha/ theta. (I think someone mentioned something similar to this a few posts back, right?)

What if slowly, all people are starting to use more of our brains....going into alpha and theta.... and soon, ALL of us will be able to see what only previously, the "mystics" were able to see. It would make the world go crazy for a while..... (the world is kind of going crazy now, isn't it?).... until everyone figures out what is happening....but maybe then the world would begin to see the world differently.

And maybe THAT will be the day that we have first contact with an alien race....when the world makes the "shift"....and their brains shift from primarily beta to primarily alpha/theta! Because then, everyone will be able to see the UFOs!

[edit on 12-7-2006 by nikiano]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Your theory sounds good, the only problem i see if that is so that all the people who reports seeing a ufo, what about the videos they record of them, the thousands of videos availaible?..if this was indeed something in the brain then how does the videocameras can capt it on video???

I guess here is when your theory lacks any explanation at all, maybe it can explain some of the abduction phenomenam and some dream states, but seeing and videorecording a UFO is totally different because you have a device that can capturwe what your eyes are seeing, now I hope that you dont come with a ball exaplanation that now videocameras can record this dream states.....

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexDJ
Your theory sounds good, the only problem i see if that is so that all the people who reports seeing a ufo, what about the videos they record of them, the thousands of videos availaible?..if this was indeed something in the brain then how does the videocameras can capt it on video???

I guess here is when your theory lacks any explanation at all, maybe it can explain some of the abduction phenomenam and some dream states, but seeing and videorecording a UFO is totally different because you have a device that can capturwe what your eyes are seeing, now I hope that you dont come with a ball exaplanation that now videocameras can record this dream states.....

Well, I never said my theory was perfect. It is possible my theory is entirely wrong.... I am willing to admit that. Maybe my theory doesn't cover ALL possible UFO sightings.

I have no answer for you. You pose very good questions.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
By the way, here is an interesting note:

Did you know that children are in an almost constant "alpha state" until the time that they are about 8 years old? That is why they have such active imaginations.

Maybe this explains why they have "imaginary friends." Mabye their imaginary friends are not imaginary at all!

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Question for moderator:

I have just been sent a private e-mail with a "veiled threat" telling me that if I do not stop "disrupting reality" something "bad is going to happen to you."

(He said to please not take offense at this! Give me a break...I've just been threatened because of posting my opinions. How can I not be offended by this?)

This scares me. Is this kind of threat allowed on ATS? Moderator, please advise what I should do about this.

(Besides, I don't see how I could possibly do anything to disrupt reality. If Jesus, Mohammed, Ghandi, Einstein, Mother Theresa, and Oprah combined cannot get people to think in new ways, and disrupt reality, how could I POSSIBLY be any kind of threat??)

-N

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Nikiano,
It was Einstein who first wondered if we use only 10% of our brain. He was speaking in the most figurative sense, I promise. Read Daniel Dennett's "Consciousness Explained", circa 1994. We use all of our brain to do what we do. There's no secret use that we have yet to tap that would defy the principles of nature.

Nikiano,
If you really really really wanna to understand my skepticism about UFOs, I invite you to read this. Winding up with intelligent life is a crap shoot. And intelligent life that looks like us? "Grays"? Pleeeze.

Please be critical of yer own desires in this regard.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I have just been sent a private e-mail with a "veiled threat" telling me that if I do not stop "disrupting reality" something "bad is going to happen to you."

Yikes! Get to IP of that maggot and fry his or her hard drive!

Welll...There must be a way...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
of course i disagree with your theory whole heartedly, because its appearing that your saying UFO sightings = mental illness in a loose sense

i know thats not what you meant, but i still disagree anyways

and if someone is really sending you threats via u2u thru this website or whatever
they should get banned permanently

we all may be a little crazy, but that guy threatening you is the true psychopath, i assure you

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Ok, so how in the world do I get this guy banned?? Anyone? I sent a complaint, but so far have heard nothing back.

You guys, I don't care if you don't agree with my theories. If you have arguments, fine. But please....threats? Warnings? What is this? Are you going to sic the mafia on me next?

As far as beliving in aliens, yes, I do. I have a terribly hard time believing that in this HUGE Unviverse of ours, with trillions of galaxies, and trillions of stars in each galaxy that cold be supporting trillions of planets in orbit.... that we are the ONLY planet with sentient life on it. Out of trillions of stars, how could this be possible???? They may not look exactly like us, but yes, I do believe that aliens exist.

I think it is incredibly closed minded to not believe in the possibility of aliens. And people who believe there is no other life but life on earth, thinks that we are terribly naive to believe in aliens. Well, we all have our beliefs, and this is a free country, so that's fine.

But I don't appreciate the threats.

Should I announce his name in a post? Or do you think that would make him even madder? ( I am assuming it is a him.)

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
your theory jsut might be valid. I remember two summers ago, i decided to sleep out on the porch because it was a beautiful night. So i relaxed looking up at the sky, and eventually entered a trance. I clearly remember seeing three triangle shaped objects zoom by at an impossible speed, and jump in a completely different direction as if they bounced off a solid invisible surface. They then sped off up into the sky. That kinda startled me.

That same night, later on, I was almost asleep and things were bouncing around all over the sky. I think there were 5 or 6 lights going haywire.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Topic: My theory, and an experiment for anyone who wants to try

Originally posted by nikiano
Ok, so how in the world do I get this guy banned?? Anyone? I sent a complaint, but so far have heard nothing back.

Your complaint is being reviewed.

Please do not discuss it publicly.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The following is my response to Gordon Despain -- a man deeply invested in UFO "theory":

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Gordon,

I believe your premise, "Infinity Is", is arbitrary and unfounded. Einstein's equation T = t`/sq.rt. of 1-(v^2/c^2) where (t`) is rest(local) time, and describes the Relativistic time dilation (T). It's why a body cannot be accellerated to a relative velocity (v) of light (c). This prevents matter from being "disconnected" from other matter since information can't travel at a greater speed. Infinities are incoherent and therefore un-physical. All particle experiments varify this.

As far as the Galaxy and Universe teeming with Life, that may be true depending on your definition of "teeming". Consider these facts:

The Earth is a fertile place for Life to thrive. If Life is to permeate the Galaxy then it sure as hell is gonna grow here. Over and over and over...
But, so far as we can tell (and we can tell pretty good), all Life on Earth is related. This means that on this oasis -- this 5 billion year old Life supporting paradise -- Life began once. ONCE!! ...about 2-3 billion years ago. So, while Life seems very resilient here in warm bosom of home, it may not be as common in the Galaxy or Universe at large as we'd like to believe.

For intelligent creatures to arise out of that Life that may exist on other planets, a complex and unstructured chain of events has to occur.
Of all the millions upon millions of species that have lived and gone extinct over billions of years, only Homo Sapiens (again, as far as we know) has been capable of building a spaceship.

We came from tree-dwelling primates; with hands good for grasping branches rather than the paws and hooves of ground-dwelling quadropeds.
We, and our Ape cousins, began spending more time on the ground, gaining in size.
Exanding deserts forced Us out of the jungles and onto the plains, where our hands became tool makers. An omnivorous diet fed complete proteins to our brain which helped us to solve the problem of survival by allowing us to adapt to swift changes in the environment. When drought came we walked away rather than thirst and starve like our less cerebral fellow critters. Eventually we were US.

But all this intelligence and problem-solving adaptability wouldn't be put to building a technological world of computers and spaceships unless we had heavy metals readily available.
Iron, copper, gold, etc there and ready for mining.
In order to have heavy metals close to the surface of a planet you need some serious erosion of the top soil to take place. You need tectonic plates moving and pushing against each other, building mountains and changing the course of rivers. We have all that in droves on Earth; not because it's warm and wet, but because of that Monster Rock in the sky.

It's been said that an Alien visitor might consider the Earth-Moon a Duel Planetary system. The relative hugeness of our satellite isn't remotely approached anywhere else in the Solar System.
But, perhaps it can also be said, that such visitors would not be surprised at that, since they would probably have a similar body at their homeworld.

Assuming all of the conditions are met on another planet somewhere out there, there's another problem. The Galaxy is billions upon billions of years old. Species -- perhaps even intelligent ones -- are extant and extinct in a cosmic blink of an eye. If another spacefaring species were to have evolved somewhere else, AND be visiting us now...the TIMING would have to be astonishingly coincidental.

Life is certainly resilient and persistent. Also, perhaps the distinct Phyla could be the result of several different times that Life has begun on Earth. But even that would support the idea that Life would evolve pretty much according to the bio-chemical processes we've witnessed here.

As for what other different forms that Life might take, I think they certainly would be corporeal, material things, and evolve according to the laws of chemistry. (Perhaps not "organic". Silicon is as active as carbon, but not so plentiful. A planet where silicon-based Life would be created would probably mean that silicon is so much more plentiful than carbon, which isn't likely.)

Life that is not, by our experience, anything we would recognize as "alive" -- bodiless? un-"real"? -- is an interesting thought, but, since I have no way of recognizing it as alive, and know of no physical process that would produce an intelligent non-corporeal being, I can't say that I have any expectation that such a creature could exist.

You're right that my non-belief (not DIS-believe) comes from my non-experience of UFOs. I make no claim that you're UFO sightings never happened, nor that the unlikely coincidences that would put them here now haven't happened, but only that I have no evidence that they did. And so I do not BELIEVE in them. Though, if they're there, I'd really love to meet those travelers!

Carl Sagan used to say that "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Your claims of having seen UFOs are fantastic, and I'm not easily given to fantasy.

to Geem:
I didn't mean to leave an impression that I believe that it's impossible that we could be, or have been, visited by aliens. I just haven't seen the evidence that we have. And, for the reasons I blathered on about earlier, I do think it's unlikely (though any credible evidence could change that).

I fully accept that the possibilities of what is and can be that are out there among the stars -- and here at home -- may be "infinite", and I/we (humans) may not be able to comprehend those possibilties any more than my cats can understand a bran muffin recipe. But I can't BELIEVE (i.e. take it on faith, or on suspect evidence) the PROBABILITY that intelligent spacefarers have been here.

Bell, Edison, Franklin et al made amazing discoveries due in large to their imagination. (and, of course, someone who's decided that cancer can't be cured wont be the one to find the cure for cancer.) But imagination alone only gets you to see a possibility; critical thinking and scientific method are what will make it Real.

I gather we agree on these things, though...and are each merely stressing the yin and yang of it (tastes great! less filling!).
Posted by Tuning Spork at August 18, 2003 11:42 PM

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Tuning spork-

Well, you know, as a scientist, I have to admit you have some valid points. Why haven't more people seen UFOs? Why haven't they "shown" themselves to the masses? How can the world's governments do SUCH a good job of covering up so much evidence?

But, then I think of the following arguments:

1. We are assuming that they (the aliens) WANT to be found, and we just haven't found them.

Why WOULD these advanced alien beings show themselves to the masses? Time and time again, when humans have tried to give out a peaceful message they are usually killed for it. By their own species!! Why would they risk an inter-galactic war with such "primitive" beings as ourselves?

They probably think we are a barbaric race. (And, if you read the news every day, I would have to agree with them.) They are probably smart to keep themselves hidden until we further "evolve". They probably think we are intriguing to study...but still not safe enough to contact, yet. I wouldn't trust us, either. They may be cloaking themselves, for this reason.

So, maybe they, and our government, are both conspiring to keep themselves hid. It's hard to find something that is playing hide and seek! Especially advanced beings who are much more technically advanced than us. Imagine going back in time and playing hide and seek or some other game of intellect with cro-magnon man....we'd probably have them beat in one hour.

2. Or, my theory may be right....and they are not deliberately trying to cloak themselves, but they may simply be existing at a higher level of vibration....a parallel dimension..... and we can only see them when we raise our vibrational level to theirs.

3. I also think of something else. What is the quickest way to de-bunk a theory? To tell the world that the "theorists" are crazy, AND to accuse anyone of believing them that they must be crazy, too. This is what our government does with UFO sightings.

When you think of all the people in the world who have sworn that they have witnessed something over the years, tha'ts HUGE. But the government would have the rest of us believe that they are all crazy. Why go to SUCH a huge effort to prove that people are crazy, instead of spending some money to actually invstigate the claims?

Why is it that the government is willing to spend TRILLIONS of dollars amassing huge amounts of weaponry, much of which will never be used, but not wliling to spend one dime (at least, publicly) to investigate the possibillity of UFO abductions? Doesn't that seem a bit ODD to you? To spend $500 on a hammer, but not one dime on investigating UFO sightings and abductions?

No, I think the government knows about them, and ARE investigating them, but not telling us. I think the $500 hammer is the same thing as when hospitals bill someone $35 for a Percocet, when it costs the hosptial 5 cents. (Trust me, this is true.) The $35 for a Percocet is not really for the Percocet tablet. It is a way for the hospital to recoup their costs on other stuff they can't bill the patients for (janitorial service, parking lots, etc...).

I think the $500 hammer is actually the government spending money on stuff the government can't publically bill us for....ultra-secret alien investigations and space programs and such.

3. Then, I think of Einstein's quote: "Great spirits have always faced violent opposition by mediocre minds." I like that quote.
(Not that I am accusing you of having a mediocre mind, Tuning Spork...you obviously sound very intelligent. I don't mean that as a personal insult. I just like the spirit and the concept behind that quote.)

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Grrr...I edited myself too much and lost half my post last time.

Ok, this is a question for non-believers of UFOs and aliens. Just curious....do you believe in a God? (I don't mean a God as an old man, a long beard, and a whilte flowing robe. I mean God as in a higher power....a creative force....something higher than ourselves.)

Also, do you believe in other things you cannot see? Such as love? DO you believe in love? (I know I am starting to sound like a Huey Lewis song here.) You can't feel love with your fingers. You can't taste love. You can't smell love. You can't measure love. But most people in the world would admit to the fact that there is something such as love....especially once your heart is broken and LOVE isn't there anymore.

So, just curious....does your belief system (or non-belief system) apply to all things that are invisible....or just aliens?

Maybe there are some things that are just meant to be experienced with our emotions... such as God, love, and aliens.....until we are spiritually evolved enough to truly handle them. Maybe that is the "grand design" of it all.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Ok, Tuning Spork- I have a slightly amended theory for you "non-believers"...what do you think about this one?

What if we keep my basic premise, that we cannot see the UFOs and "aliens" unless we are in theta...BUT....what if the "aliens" are not from another planet...but rather they are us, evolved thousands (or millions) of years into the future?

Since you think life occuring was just a "fluke" (I don't, but I"m hurmoring you.
), this theory could be a viable alternative to those who don't believe in life on other planets. It could still provide a theory for many UFO sightings. (Not necessarily all of them.)

What if our "race" in the future is in dire danger of extinction? If you think about it, the "greys" could be us evolved into a completely different race, due to human cloning or environmental factors. And what if they have just come back in time to observe us (as scientists/medical anthropologists) to try to figure out where or when or how it all went wrong? Or even to abduct us simply to take DNA from us and bring it forward in time...in order to stop the extinction process?

They (we) may have either developed a sophisticated cloaking device by that time, where their (our) ships vibrate at a higher level of vibration...and we can only see them (us) in the theta brain state.

OR....they may not be cloaked at all, but rather, just more evolved....and they (we) now "live" in the theta range, and the only reason we can see them is when our brain waves are in theta.

Just another theory.

This is just way too much fun. I should have been a science fiction writer. Anyone want to hire me? I'm open to a career change.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Ok, one more question....who out there has had "weird experiences" or "UFO/alien experiences" as a child?

Because, as I said before, when we are children, we pretty much live in the alpha state until we are about 8 years old.

I had my strange "tunnel of light" experience when I was a child, although I think I was 8 or 9 at the time.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
was just doing this ... during day, i got into a meditationary state... and BAM out of the blue an airplane came... i freaked out

hehe took a couple of pics of the aircraft to make sure it is an aircraft... appeared right where i was "calling" them saucers

yup it was an airplane...
cropped it and sharpened...

[edit on 12-7-2006 by ch1le]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join