It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory, and an experiment for anyone who wants to try

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by nikiano I think that we, as humans, can only see UFOs when we are in a “theta state. ” ( I also think possibly that maybe THEY can only see us when we are in theta, too. It might go both ways.)

Yup you could be right

The next state, theta brainwaves, are typically of even greater amplitude and slower frequency. This frequency range is normally between 5 and 8 cycles a second. A person who has taken time off from a task and begins to daydream is often in a theta brainwave state. A person who is driving on a freeway, and discovers that they can't recall the last five miles, is often in a theta state--induced by the process of freeway driving.

SOURCE

The second example causes accidents too...

Good theory... explains a lot of alien sightings

Zorgon-

Thanks! I wanted to mention the hertz amplitudes, too, but I didn't want to confuse everyone. There is a great graph that shows what I am talking about, but I don't know where to find it on the internet to copy and post here. If you find one, please let me know!

Yes, highway hypnosis is the cause of A LOT of accidents. (And maybe a lot of UFO sightings, too!)

[edit on 11-7-2006 by nikiano]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Tom-

I thought of one more analogy. Think of mania like an alcohol or a drug. Beer, for example:

One or two beers can be a good thing....it makes you feel relaxed and free flowing. It might even give you extra abilities, such as getting up the courage to talk to someone you might not talk to otherwise.

But 5 or 6 or 10 beers is just tooo much beers. Because then you THINK you're seeing that cute person across the room look and smile at you, but what he or she is really doing is laughing their head off at you because you are so drunk. You become delusional!

So....to summarize: Too many beers can make you see things that really aren't there. But one or two beers won't do that to you. Having one or two beers after work doesn't really do most poeple much harm. But start drinking a case of beer every night, and you turn into a raging drunk.

Same thing with mania. A little mania is a good thing....you are extra productive, creative, funny, and it has been proven that you actually do perform better while hypomanic. etc...(thinik of some of the most famous peope out there who have bipolar disorder....Donald Trump, Michaelangelo, Van Goh, Winston Churchill, Jimmie Hendrix, etc....)

But too much mania can turn that same gifted person into a psychotic maniac that needs to be locked up in the hosptial.

See what I mean? A little mania is a good thing. A lot of mania is a bad thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fear_the_Sheeple

Originally posted by nikiano

Originally posted by Fear_the_Sheeple
Interesting theory! That reminds me of the experiments with '___', where many people who took '___' would encounter "aliens" during the time they were on the drug. I remember there being a thread on this before, but I can't find it now. Anyway, that idea coincides with your theory, about the mind states... if you haven't read about it yet, you should... I bet you would find it very interesting and it might add to your theory.

Thanks! I'll do that!

Here's the book that I read it from: www.rickstrassman.com... Sorry I forgot to include it in my first post! I think it's a great read.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Ok, I found a website that does a pretty good job of explaining the different brain states, and their amplitudes. Here it is:

www.web-us.com...

(They sell CD's to put you into that brain state, but to tell you the honest truth, self-hypnosis is cheaper. You don't need any equipment for self-hypnosis. And once you get used to doing self-hypnosis, it's the fastest method I know to put yourself into a theta state.)

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Wow....

A thought popped into my mind as I was half asleep just a few minutes ago. Remember the saying (I don't know who said it? maybe in a prayer somewhere?) that says: "And there, in the stillness, is where you will find me." I don't know if that is an accurate quote or not.

Well, supposedly, I think that was about God....finding God.

So, I was thinking. Stillness. Zero. Stillness could mean Zero. Zero Hz....which is below delta state. But if our brainwaves were at zero, we would be dead. Sure, that's one way to meet God.

But what if we could meditate to just above zero? That would still be pretty still. Is that what they were trying to tell us? Get to stillness (or as close as you can without dying), and that is where you will find God?

Well, there is also the theory that God and aliens are also the same thing. (Well, our creator. I think God is more of a universal energy, like the Tao.) If that is true, and if our "creator" were aliens, maybe in that phrase, they were trying to tell us something: that if we want to find our creator, we have to meditate to stillness. Zero.

Have you heard the phrase "zero point"? Supposedly, that is the point we will get to (according to the prophecies) in 2012 when a huge polar shift will happen, and we will all get to zero point, and a new world will occur.

Well, what if "zero point" is Zero-point-one? 0.1!! 0.1 hz....or 0.2 hz, or somewhere around there! What if "zero point" is a mathematical description of where we need to get our brains (through meditation) to before we can have first contact!?

Wow. Just a thought. I have no idea if I'm right...but that thought just "came to me" when I was half asleep (in the alpha state), and that is usually when I get my most "inspired" ideas.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
hey nikiano, could you post an indepth explanation of how to self hypnotise.

perhaps you could explain it in stages?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy

Sure! Sorry, I forgot to do that for you guys yesterday. Ok, I have to get ready for a client soon, but I'll do it in stages.

First, remember this: there is more than one way to skin a cat.

I have a favorite method that works for me, but everyone is different. There are multiple ways to get into an alpha/theta state, just like there are multilple ways to put yourself into hypnosis.

Just to recap, here are some ways to get to an alpha/theta state:
1. Self-hypnosis (more on that below)
2. Yoga
3. Meditation
4. Listening to loud, rhthmic beating (i.e.drums)
5. Listening to the ocean
6. Listening to chanting
7. Rocking back and forth (i.e. on a boat, in a hammock)
8. Day dreaming, or imagining
9. Getting absorbed into a really good book
10. Intense focus of the mind (meditation, or putting together a model airplane)
11. Listening to meditation CDs
12. Biofedback/neurofeedback
13. Going to sleep (probably the easiest method, although you tend to not remember it later)
14. Listening to classical music, like mozart (something about that rhythm puts the brain into an altered state of consciousness. Interestingly, they think Mozart was probably bipolar, too!)

Ok, so you get the idea.

Like I said, my favorite method is #1 (self-hypnosis), but I also listen to Native American drumming CDs to put myself into that state of mind, too.

Now, if you want to do the self-hypnosis method, first you have to figure out what kind of "learner you are."

See next post for that.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ok, there are basically three types of learner: visual, auditory or kinesthetic. (Some people put digital as a fourth method, but that is also considered to be a subcategory of auditory, in the NLP model.)

Let me explain those three categories, in a quick and dirty way:
1. If you are visual, you will tend to learn best by seeing, you tend to take in the world by what you see with your eyes, most of all. (i.e. when you walk into a room, you first notice what it LOOKS like.) YOu might use language that says :"Oh, I SEE what you are saying." or "Take a look at this!" If you have psychic gifts, they might appear to you mostly in the form of visions. This is called "clarivoyance." (Or hallucinations, by doctors who don't know always what they are talking about.)

2. If you are auditory, you primarily learn best by listening, you tend to remember what things sound like, and you take in your world mostly by what you HEAR. For example, you might say "Listen to this" or "does this SOUND good to you?" When you walk into a room or a party, you might first notice what the place "sounds like". If you have psychic gifts, they might appear to you mostly in the form of voices. This is called "clairaudience". (Some call this auditory hallucinations.)

3. If you are kinesthetic, you primarily learn by what you FEEL. You take in your world by how you FEEL about things, and what things feel like. You might say "Ohhh, I didn't like the way I felt around that guy" or "He gave me a really creepy feeling." You would notice how a room feels to you...either by tactile touch (sofa fabric, for example), or by feeling the energy of others around you. If you have psychic gifts, they may come to you in the form of "feeling energy" or "medical intuition where you feel other's pain" or something like that. (This is called "clairsentience", I think.)

4. If you are digital (like I said, the NLP model puts this into "hearing" category, but others put it in a separate category), then you tend to learn best by "knowing". When I say knowing, I mean that you might just "know" something. It appears in your mind like a thought. You don't see it, you don't hear voices, and you don't feel it. You just KNOW it....as if it came to you from somewhere else. If you are a digital person and you have psychic gifts, they might come to you in the form of "knowing" things. (This is called "clairomniscence", I think. The gift of KNOWING things.)

I am primarily auditory and digital. I also have some kinesthetic. Visual is very weak for me.

So, most people have a primary learning language, but some people like me, don't really have a dominant language....they might have 2 or 3 dominant languages.

Before I hypntize anyone, I always find out what kind of "learner" they are, and I create the best method of hypnosis based on that learning language. It's much easier that way.

Everyone follow so far?

Ok.....I've got to get ready for a hypnosis client....I'll be back later!

Some people are one typ

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
it is a very intresting theory and even if it isn't flawless there is probably at least some truth behind it

here is a little beleif of my own

what i would also like to add that in 2012 the shift that will be occuring isn't a pole shift and it isn't all of a sudden it is a shift in consciousness that will bring us closer to that still point u were talking about. and it isn't somethng that boom just hits, it is a progression that happens to be speeding up more and more. it allows people to see the bigger picture and allows there right brain there creative side to break thru and learn to see things from the bigger picture while there left brain more rational (analytical) brain will require less usage. during this tme more people are going to see more of the flaws in a capatalistic society (propoganda) and even the powers that be are aware of this enevitable shift , and here's guessing there will be a struggle at the top between the people who know and are willing to change for the better and the people who fight to keep there power

[edit on 11-7-2006 by cpdaman]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Jesus....like I said, it is just a theory. If it has holes in it...fine, it has holes! I never said it was a perfect theory. I just said it was a theory. And I think I made some good points.

The scientist in me wants to do an experiment to see what happens, that's all. LOTS of stupid theories have come and gone in the scientific age. Only by eliminating the wrong ones one at a time, can we find out which theories are correct.

If you think it's a stupid theory or a stupid experiment, fine, then don't participate. I'm not twisting your arm to participate in anything. Like I said, I am looking for people who WANT to participate. It's totally and completely voluntary.

But what really pisses me off is when other people SLAM other people's theories and go all negative on them, just for having the courage to go out on a limb and suggest something. If you don't like my theory, then fine. But unless you have a better one of your own, AND the courage to put it up in front of people, don't be so rude to tell me that my "plot" is "full of holes."

It's not a "plot"....It's a THEORY.

I apologize if I sounded like I was slamming your theory. That is not at all what my intent was. I actually like what you have to say and can relate with you on many issues and the way you think. Just one example, is the post about the tunnel of light. I told you that I had a similar experience, without a tunnel. And I do believe you can take more/different sensory in when in different brainwaves. I have related with you on many things you have said, and like the way you present your information. I just tried to point out a few things that maybe I shouldnt have called "holes in your plot"(I tried to correct my self from plot to theory). I get what you are saying and Im going to try your experiment. I dont think I know more than you, or have any better theorys. Its just that your theory stimulated thoughts brought up questions in my mind.

And jebus cant help you on ATS, come on man, lighten up, i had no intent of offending you

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Ok, I found a website that does a pretty good job of explaining the different brain states,

Errrrr YOU found? Tsk Tsk I refer you to (post id: 2330837) bottom of page one and your response top of this page...

You must of been in one of those lost time theta states, yes?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy

That can be dangerous. If you go in too deep, there will be no one there to pull you out

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zyklonBZ_22_19

I apologize if I sounded like I was slamming your theory. That is not at all what my intent was. I actually like what you have to say and can relate with you on many issues and the way you think. Just one example, is the post about the tunnel of light. I told you that I had a similar experience, without a tunnel. And I do believe you can take more/different sensory in when in different brainwaves. I have related with you on many things you have said, and like the way you present your information. I just tried to point out a few things that maybe I shouldnt have called "holes in your plot"(I tried to correct my self from plot to theory). I get what you are saying and Im going to try your experiment. I dont think I know more than you, or have any better theorys. Its just that your theory stimulated thoughts brought up questions in my mind.

And jebus cant help you on ATS, come on man, lighten up, i had no intent of offending you

Sorry. I will lighten up.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
it is a very intresting theory and even if it isn't flawless there is probably at least some truth behind it

here is a little beleif of my own

what i would also like to add that in 2012 the shift that will be occuring isn't a pole shift and it isn't all of a sudden it is a shift in consciousness that will bring us closer to that still point u were talking about. and it isn't somethng that boom just hits, it is a progression that happens to be speeding up more and more. it allows people to see the bigger picture and allows there right brain there creative side to break thru and learn to see things from the bigger picture while there left brain more rational (analytical) brain will require less usage. during this tme more people are going to see more of the flaws in a capatalistic society (propoganda) and even the powers that be are aware of this enevitable shift , and here's guessing there will be a struggle at the top between the people who know and are willing to change for the better and the people who fight to keep there power

[edit on 11-7-2006 by cpdaman]

I like that theory, too. Sounds more plausible than it happening "overnight."

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Ok, I found a website that does a pretty good job of explaining the different brain states,

Errrrr YOU found? Tsk Tsk I refer you to (post id: 2330837) bottom of page one and your response top of this page...

Was that the same page you found? Sorry! I honestly didn't realize that was from the same page. We must have googled the same terms.

Ok, YOU found it first.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Actually, your theory already has been tested a while back by some researchers who believed that UFOs were some sort of psycho/metaphysical manifestation.

But when most people on this site are talking about ufos, they are usually refering to structured craft that leave physical evidence. Not some sort of hypnotic state.

And hypnotic states to not explain cases where UFOs were tracked on radar and have left physical trace evidence or affected the environment.

Its a theory more suited to the psychosocial and occult fields of UFO investigation.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Tom Bedlam hit on what I was going to say.

For the past two years or so I've been inducing (or, usually, TRYING to induce) lucid dreams. (I'd had two great experiences about two years ago, but only slight success since.) This morning was one of the better ones.

A lucid dream is a dream where you, firstly, realize that you are dreaming and, secondly, can make that dream almost entirely "life-like" and you can control any aspect of it that you wish to. While most of us have probably had dreams where we knew that we were dreaming, that doesn't make that dream a lucid dream --- most of those dreams will remain "dream-like".

Here is the best analogy that I can think of to describe entering a lucid dream:

The experience of crossing the threshold between a dream-like dream and a life-like lucid dream is alot like crossing the threshold between a weak marijuana buzz and the full-blown alfa wave onslaught; that **whoosh** when everything changes dramatically. (No, I am not a pot head. I've only tried it a few times -- the last being about 15 years ago. But I do remember the experience very well.) Someone told me, btw, that I got that **whoosh** because I was smoking it too fast and holding it too deep and too long.

Anywho, an intense marijuana high and a lucid dream are very similar experiences, except that, in a high, you know you're awake and, in a lucid dream, you know you're asleep.

So, my thought on this is: Could a nighttime, theta-induced UFO experience be a lucid dream where the dreamer does not realize that s/he is dreaming?

I recall seeing Whitley Strieber on the Tonight Show about 20 years ago. At one point in his description of his alleged abduction, he said that he thought he must be dreaming and attempted to open his eyes and wake up. But what happened, he said, was that his eyes were already open and sh he kind of bugged his eyes out. He then thought that this might be real.

But that description -- bugging his eyes out while trying to open them -- immediately struck me as a very dream-like experience.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
Tom Bedlam hit on what I was going to say.

For the past two years or so I've been inducing (or, usually, TRYING to induce) lucid dreams. (I'd had two great experiences about two years ago, but only slight success since.) This morning was one of the better ones.

A lucid dream is a dream where you, firstly, realize that you are dreaming and, secondly, can make that dream almost entirely "life-like" and you can control any aspect of it that you wish to. While most of us have probably had dreams where we knew that we were dreaming, that doesn't make that dream a lucid dream --- most of those dreams will remain "dream-like".

Here is the best analogy that I can think of to describe entering a lucid dream:

The experience of crossing the threshold between a dream-like dream and a life-like lucid dream is alot like crossing the threshold between a weak marijuana buzz and the full-blown alfa wave onslaught; that **whoosh** when everything changes dramatically. (No, I am not a pot head. I've only tried it a few times -- the last being about 15 years ago. But I do remember the experience very well.) Someone told me, btw, that I got that **whoosh** because I was smoking it too fast and holding it too deep and too long.

Anywho, an intense marijuana high and a lucid dream are very similar experiences, except that, in a high, you know you're awake and, in a lucid dream, you know you're asleep.

So, my thought on this is: Could a nighttime, theta-induced UFO experience be a lucid dream where the dreamer does not realize that s/he is dreaming?

I recall seeing Whitley Strieber on the Tonight Show about 20 years ago. At one point in his description of his alleged abduction, he said that he thought he must be dreaming and attempted to open his eyes and wake up. But what happened, he said, was that his eyes were already open and sh he kind of bugged his eyes out. He then thought that this might be real.

But that description -- bugging his eyes out while trying to open them -- immediately struck me as a very dream-like experience.

Yes, it is possible it is only a lucid dream. It is possible that I was hallucinating.

But, I jsut have the feeling that it WAS real. Because I was completely and totally aware of everything else around me. I was taking a lesson on a sailboat. I was talking to other people. I was aware of the conversation around me. And then...the UFO was there! And nobody else could see it. So, I just think it was real.

But, I guess I could have been hallucinating....even though I have never hallucinated before.

But I just think...maybe my mind was like that "infra red camera"...able to pick up UFOs that other people couldn't see. Maybe that is their cloaking device? Or maybe it is an access to a parallel dimension?? Heck, I don't know for sure.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Correction....here is the website that Zorgon found about theta states....that I also found, too.

brain.web-us.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Actually, your theory already has been tested a while back by some researchers who believed that UFOs were some sort of psycho/metaphysical manifestation.

But when most people on this site are talking about ufos, they are usually refering to structured craft that leave physical evidence. Not some sort of hypnotic state.

And hypnotic states to not explain cases where UFOs were tracked on radar and have left physical trace evidence or affected the environment.

Its a theory more suited to the psychosocial and occult fields of UFO investigation.

Well, I think you misunderstand me. I am also talking about UFOs, too. Real, physical UFOs...that don't happen to be visible to everyone. I think they are just visible to people who are in an altered brain state.

It doesn't mean that they aren't there! I think they are actually there. Which is why they leave physical evidence.

I don't think they are "psychological manifestations". I think they are REAL....but not everyone can see them in the normal, waking, beta state.

Does that make sense?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join