It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to Locate someone in South Africa?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Help pls
Mods move if in wrong section...sorry

A relative has passed away her husband (they were not divorced) went back to live in South Africa a number of yrs before she died,
Now trying to inform him of her death or to find out if he is still alive, any ideas of how we can try to locate him?

Hve tried the S.A. embassy in London been very unhelpfull

Any help appreciated

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
if you're going the embassy root you should try the british embassy in S.A. (if the person is a british citizen) NOT the S.A. embassy in London.

It's weird they didn't tell you that.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
conspiracy nut23:
i am gonna av a look at those now cheers very much will keep you updated thanks mate and also some interesting news has come to light (read end )

anxietydisorder:
he was actually from S.A. came here in the 60's had a National Insurence No, worker payed taxes, but in the mid 90's decided to return ''home'' to S.A.
But someone else said about trying that route you also said, so im gonna give that a try as he had lived in the UK for 30 or so yrs?

NEW INFO:
The daughter of the woman who recently passed was going thru some unopened mail from her mums flat (bearing in mind that the couple wrote and spoke to each other on a regular basis) found a letter, it was from 'his' nephew written on the back of one of her mums letters to her husband, it was typed and too interlectual for her husband but basically giving all his possesions to 'his' nephew???
the only bit that was hand-written was a scrwled signature (unreadable) in a box at the end of the page?

We are now thinking that maybe he has passed away also ?
Ive checked the address (which barclays bank wouldnt give us) on the net and guess what it comes up with his nephews production company...strange?

This i think is gonna be a race against time, before the bank want their pound of flesh..

So now im trying to find out also if her husband has also passed away?

cheers for your help lads

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
actually AD gave you the useful links. I gave you the useless embassy info. I thought afterward that looking through her personal stuff would be the best bet. (which is what you did)

I guess now you'll be tracking down the nephew. It should be easy with the address and the company's name. You can call SA directory assistance, or try some of AD's links above.

[edit on 10/7/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
actually AD gave you the useful links.

Some of the genealogy sites can help in a search for people.

www.cyndislist.com...
www.kuijsten.de...

South Africa also records most deaths in official records, I'll see if I can find a link for that.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Department Of Home Affairs

This could help your search. It gives info on birth registration in South Africa.
www.home-affairs.gov.za...

EDIT: OH GOD !!! More yellow background colour. :shk:

[edit on 11/7/06 by My Sock Puppet]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by spymaster
A relative has passed away her husband (they were not divorced) went back to live in South Africa a number of yrs before she died,
Now trying to inform him of her death or to find out if he is still alive, any ideas of how we can try to locate him?

Any help appreciated

Spymaster, if you're willing to give me the person's full name and last known address/city of residence, and age-group (or anything else that may be helpful) I may be able to help you out. Not promising any results, but I've got a better shot at finding the person. U2U me with the information - it will be kept confidential - if you want me to give it a shot.

G.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
To all who are helping ...
cheers all

sockpuppet :
have d/loaded death cert from from the link you gave
cheers mate

gemwolf:
have sent U2U
thanks

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
When people in need, for help they do plead

and our friends give a hand, no financial demand

I then sing their praise, and shout hip hooray's,

for the good folk of BTS world!

If only the whole world.........

[edit on 7/11/06 by makeitso]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
MAKEITSO:
you are not wrong there mate!!
Cant believe the people who have helped here and they dont know me...thank you all very much

If only everyone was so helpfull and decent PERHAPS the world would be a VERY DIFFERENT PLACE to live?

Cheers all who have helped so far?

new topics

top topics

join